Seven Keys to Dating Etiquette
Preparing for a date racks the nerves of many singles — worrying about what to wear, what to say and how to act — but using these seven keys from the MindFindBind program Dr. Phil developed with Match.com will get you off to a good start.
- Dress the part. Don't dress too sexy.
- Be on time or your date might wonder, "What was more important than getting here on time?"
- Mind your table manners — and if you don't have any, get some!
- Focus 100 percent on your date. Turn off your cell phone and other messaging devices.
- Check your emotional baggage at the door. Don't go burdening your date with all of your problems.
- Sweat the small stuff. Listen to what your prospective mate has to say.
- Follow up. Do something that let's your date know, "Hey, that was a lot of fun."