Crisis Preparation Tips: Hot Warning Signs
When it comes to family life, it's not a question of whether or not a crisis will hit; it's a question of when. No matter how well you parent with a purpose, you will encounter some calamity, which will impact your life as a family.
The crucial thing about crisis is preparation. Dr. Phil's Hot Warning Signs can serve as clues that you either have a crisis on your hands or that one is brewing. As a parent, stay alert to these early warning signs. Ignoring them could mean a tragic outcome for your child or your family.
Here are some of the warning signs that you can use to determine whether or not a family member is possibly headed for a crisis:
- Gives away prized possessions
- Begins to take impulsive risks with himself or others
- Loss of interest in all activities, especially the ones previously interested in
- Withdrawal of emotional response to everything (detachment, numbing)
- Decline in participation at home
- Lack of appreciation for family values
- Adopts an unusual desire for secrecy
- Begins breaking rules frequently
- Exhibits use of drugs and alcohol
Download the full list of Hot Warning Signs.
Dr. Phil's Hot Warning Signs can be found in his book Family First: Your Step-by-Step Plan for Creating a Phenomenal Family.