For Teens: How Well Do You Know Your Parent(s)?
If your parents don't know what makes you happy or sad or excited, if you don't care about their feelings or their happiness, there is no emotional bond between you. The questions below address how much you know about your parent(s). They can be answered with either "yes" or "no." Make sure you can truly answer each question if you are going to write "yes." Often people assume they know the answer, but when pressed, they really do not.
Connect the Teen Questionnaire
Do You Really Know:
1. What your parents are putting most of their energy into right now?
2. What personal problems your parents are trying to resolve?
3. What really irritates your parents?
4. Who has most influenced your parents' thoughts and behaviors?
5. The names of your parents' three best friends?
6. Who your parents go to first if they have a problem?
7. What your parents consider to be their greatest strengths?
8. What your parents think are their greatest weaknesses?
9. Who your parents' enemies are?
10. Your parents' favorite time of day?
11. Your parents' favorite movies?
12. Your parents' favorite childhood stories?
13. Your parents' favorite pastime or hobby?
14. Your parents' favorite colors?
15. Your parents' favorite foods or meals?
16. Who has inspired your parents the most?
17. Your parents' favorite songs, bands, or singers?
18. Your parents' favorite books?
19. Your parents' favorite television shows?
20. Your parents' health concerns?
Find out what your answers mean.
From Closing the Gap: A Strategy for Bringing Parents and Teens Together.