Dr. Philip Zimbardo is internationally recognized as a leading voice and face of contemporary psychology, and is the author of The Lucifer Effect: Understanding How Good People Turn Evil. He offers this quiz to determine if you are doing enough good in your life to become an everyday hero:
1) Do you avoid stereotypes and speak up when you hear people using them?
2) Are you willing to be the first to act in an emergency when others are inactive?
3) Do you help those in need or those less fortunate?
4) Do you speak out if you see someone cheating, lying or bullying?
5) Do you go out of your way to make other people feel good or special?
6) Can you imagine being a hero if the opportunity arose to act on behalf of others in need, aware of possible risks and costs?
If you answered "yes" to two of these questions, you are starting on the heroic path. If you answered "yes" to five or six of these questions, you are an everyday hero!
Dr. Zimbardo created the Heroic Imagination Project with a goal to teach people that anyone can become an everyday hero. For more information, check out: HeroicImagination.org!