Message Boards

Topic : 02/13 Love Smart Island, Part 1

Number of Replies: 124
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 10, 2006, 12:43:16 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Love is in the air, as Dr. Phil sends single men and women sailing to Love Smart Island to find Mr. and Ms. Right. First, Dr. Phil  surprises the successful and attractive women and introduces them to bachelors who are ready to settle down. As they spend three days dancing, picnicking and talking, will love connections be made? Find out why Dr. Phil has to make a special trip to the island to rescue two women, and what happens when the men get to choose one woman to spend the afternoon with. Also, meet three other bachelors who say their appearance is keeping them from finding a girlfriend. If you're unlucky in love, you'll learn how to take control of your love life and find the one you want by loving smart. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More February 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 13, 2006, 8:00 am CST

Love Smart Island

I liked the show.  However, what about us ladies and gentlemen who are in our mid to late 50's.  Where do we find a date besides going to a bar?

February 13, 2006, 8:24 am CST

Baby Boomers

Quote From: lindacy

I liked the show.  However, what about us ladies and gentlemen who are in our mid to late 50's.  Where do we find a date besides going to a bar?
I agree with all the other quotes about focusing on those of us who raised families, divorced or partners died, and now have to face the dating scene and all the changes that have taken place in the last 30+ years.  So many of the age appropriate men seem to be drawn to much younger attractive women.  How do we compete?

February 13, 2006, 8:27 am CST

Dating in our 50's

I haven't seen this show yet - not sure if I am going to watch it or not.
I have been on my own for the past 7 years and divorced for the past two years- that's a whole show in itself.
I devoted myself to raising my son - who will be at home for a few more years yet. I live in a small rural community. I wasn't great at dating when I was younger and now that I'm in my early 50's I find it very discouraging. I won't go to bars. A lot of men back off when they find out that I still have a youngster at home. I've tried the online dating thing and it isn't working for me. It wasn't the best experience of my life.
Thanks for bringing this up.

February 13, 2006, 8:49 am CST

My sentiments exactly!

Amen! I was going to ask the same thing. It seems everytime one of these shows is done it's about men and women in their twenties or early thirties. What about us primetimers who for one reason or another find ourselves alone again and either don't "remember" or know how to do the dating scene again? Come on Dr. Phil-where's our advice??

February 13, 2006, 8:56 am CST

looking in all the wrong places

I like millions of other women would like to know where do we look for decent men that want more than a roll in the hay, I have tried church, the club, school and a number of other places but if they were there, they left before I arrived or showed up after I left.  Dating has become big business yet tdhey want you to jump through hoops to connect.

February 13, 2006, 9:28 am CST

02/13 Love Smart Island, Part 1

Goodpoint by Michelle.... when you are looking at someone in a relationship you look for whats wrong and with a friend you don't.  Probably a deeper meaning in that statement then the surface.  GOOD POINT and Very True.... the sad thing is when that line of thinking continues once the relationship is established it is destructive. 

HAYLEY.....  When a guy knows a girl likes him, it is PRESSURE.  It's like a game.  You can't let them know you like them until they tell you they like you first or they won't just chase or feel the urgency... he knows you're waiting.......  It's a shame cuz I think you and Todd look cute together......It's kind of like telling him without letting him know you thought of it.... but making him think he thought of it.......**laugh** 

February 13, 2006, 9:42 am CST

They all want a roll in the Hay that is top on the list

Quote From: omarlesa

I like millions of other women would like to know where do we look for decent men that want more than a roll in the hay, I have tried church, the club, school and a number of other places but if they were there, they left before I arrived or showed up after I left.  Dating has become big business yet tdhey want you to jump through hoops to connect.

They all want a roll in the hay they are hard wired for that.  They have lots of other wants too, but the real question is: 

Where do you meet men that acutally have and are willing to offer something you want in return? 

February 13, 2006, 10:18 am CST

Good question!

I'd like to know that, too.  

My mother is a 65-year-old widow with a lot of life left to live. She is in fairly good health and stays busy. She says she is doing fine on her own but I'd love for her to have a nice guy to at least go to the movies with or enjoy dinner out. She has so much to offer the right man! 

February 13, 2006, 10:42 am CST

Sex & Looking over 50

Just about finished with "Love Smart BooK" & I haven't learned anything new.   Are you suggesting women wait until their married before having sex?  I'm 54 never married & enjoy sex.  Why do you have to wait?  Are you suggesting we go back 40 years & get married for sex & then get stuck in a marriage that has nothing going for it besides sex?  I wouldn't want to marry anyone I hadn't had sex with.   

Are you going to do a show on older adults who know what they are looking for & know themselves?  I think I know why I've never been married.  Always bad timing.  I, also try to make any relationship work whether or not the man is the right one.  I'm going to be more selective in the future. 

February 13, 2006, 11:11 am CST

02/13 Love Smart Island, Part 1

Quote From: lh2000

They all want a roll in the hay they are hard wired for that.  They have lots of other wants too, but the real question is: 

Where do you meet men that acutally have and are willing to offer something you want in return? 

There isn't a "place" where your gonna find guys like that. It's not like all of the "good guys" are gonna be in school, or at the gym. I would suggest you join something you like doing as a hobby and maybe you'll find someone that likes doing the same things you do. Or maybe unexpectedly someone will find you. But you just have to keep your eyes open. There is no "place" your gonna go and find the guy your looking for. It's about doing what you do, and hopefully having some success.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last