Message Boards

Topic : Military Families Support

Number of Replies: 166
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, February 12, 2006, 07:30:53 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Having a loved one serving in the military can be stressful especially during these trying times.  Share your support and advice with other service men and women, and family members of those proudly serving our country.

NOTE: This is a support board, not a debate board and any messages counterproductive to this topic will be removed.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 8, 2006, 6:32 pm CST

mj

Quote From: mjkkas

I am glad that you are feeling beeter red white and blue ;). 

I have talked to my son-in-law and he has 75 days left! 

Thanks. The rash is completely gone now and no scars. So I’m grateful I stopped the medication in time, I’m on two other kinds now and sort of dragging around until my body adjusts. I’m gong on a trip to Dallas for a week and Milwaukee the week after from 03/15 to 03/29 and the doctor says I should be OK by then. Hope so!

Did you mean your son-in-law has 75 days left in the war zone or for his enlistment? Give him our best wishes.

I like your graphics. Do you handle them the same way as inserting a picture? I have an iMac so I have to kind of “fudge” things. I don’t have the selections that PC folks do. I do the colored type and spacing etc. with HTML code.

How are things with you?

Blue

March 8, 2006, 6:55 pm CST

Kelly

Quote From: ceders2

Sorry that I haven't been here for abit, but I just wanted to come here now and let you all know that I have not forgotten any of you and I never will. To me we all have kind of have a special bond, being that we all know what it's like to be without our loved ones for long periods of time, wheather it is that they are overseas doing our countries proud or even if they are just on a Course to improve themselves. They are still away and not with us and we miss them terribly!! 

So, how are you all going? Hope everyone here is doing well and so are their loved ones who are not with us right now!! Just want to say, God bless them and God bless you all as well!! 

We are doing well right now and have got my Dad here for afew days, so it's really nice to have him. The last time I saw Dad was at Christmas time!! 

Well you all please TAKE CARE and hope you all have a great weekend whatever you all end up doing. Till next time Bye-for-now and hope to hear from you all soon, LOVE KELLY. Big Hug 

Thanks for your good wishes,

I have been away a lot too, Busy with the other boards I’m involved with. But I do try to check in on a regular basis, just to see what’s happening. As I mentioned, I will be away from the boards from 03/15 to 03/29 and I know you folks will be here to welcome new folks and to fill in the gaps.

We have busy lives and our family responsibilities. I’d like to think that this is a place that we can come to rest and relax Just a few words of support can mean so much, So if you can’t make time, just “drop a line” as you see Vickie/mfoxy1 often does.

Blue

March 8, 2006, 7:14 pm CST

Good to see you again Vickie

Quote From: mfoxy1

enjoy being able to come and read your posts 

my prayer are with all of you and your family's 

I hope you don’t mind me mentioning that it isn’t just time constraints that keep you from posting messages. Folks Vickie has some severe pain and mobility issues and must limit her typing at times.

How are you doing lately kid-o? Hope things are working out all right for your daughter and her situation. I will be over to your board this weekend to catch up. Take care of yourself.
Blue

March 8, 2006, 7:19 pm CST

Hi again --Addition noted and fingers crossed

Quote From: misfitgrrl

Hi! David's a SSG /E6 *let's all cross our fingers that he'll pick up his SFC soon!*

March 9, 2006, 3:32 am CST

blue

Quote From: blue_white

I hope you dont mind me mentioning that it isnt just time constraints that keep you from posting messages. Folks Vickie has some severe pain and mobility issues and must limit her typing at times.

How are you doing lately kid-o? Hope things are working out all right for your daughter and her situation. I will be over to your board this weekend to catch up. Take care of yourself.
Blue

glad to be able to come here  

no I dont mind you sharing about my physical difficulty's here---as you know I am very open about it all(smiling) and at least now the lady's here will know why at times I may just put on an empty post---to say I was here(smiling) 

I'm not at my best right now but am working on getting back to taking care of me ---saw my doctor and am antibiotics.daughter is doing ok--she has her room now set up and is beginning to settle in(smiling) she has been feeling the baby kick more! 

will be great to see you at the other board as well---I have been writing daily updates there about all thats been happening.So be prepared to do some reading when you come LOL 

vickie 

March 9, 2006, 2:19 pm CST

Hi Vickie!

Quote From: mfoxy1

glad to be able to come here  

no I dont mind you sharing about my physical difficulty's here---as you know I am very open about it all(smiling) and at least now the lady's here will know why at times I may just put on an empty post---to say I was here(smiling) 

I'm not at my best right now but am working on getting back to taking care of me ---saw my doctor and am antibiotics.daughter is doing ok--she has her room now set up and is beginning to settle in(smiling) she has been feeling the baby kick more! 

will be great to see you at the other board as well---I have been writing daily updates there about all thats been happening.So be prepared to do some reading when you come LOL 

vickie 

Hi Vickie, 

I'm so glad you drop in whenever you're able to.  Even though I don't know what your physical difficulties are, I sure hope you start feeling better. 

Take care! 

-Judy 

March 9, 2006, 2:24 pm CST

Hi all!

Hi everyone! 

Just wanted to drop by real quick.  I took my  midterms today, so now I can relax a little bit on that front, and put all of my focus on stressing over my research paper and the general homework assignments.  

Things have been good this week, in my spare time I've been going to the EuroDisney site and fantasizing about being there after David comes home on block leave.  

I still can't believe they actually had leave times established so quickly after they deployed.  I mean, I'm just starting to get reaquainted with the remote control and stuff! LOL   

The boys and I are just so excited right now. 

I hope everyone else is doing great, you guys take care and post when you can.  I really enjoy hearing about what everyone's up to. 

-Judy 

March 12, 2006, 10:22 am CST

Military Families Support

Greetings all! Birthday party for Hunter yesterday --Mike's 5 year old. I'm beat! Be back Monday.

March 12, 2006, 5:14 pm CST

HI TO YOU ALL...

Just have afew minutes, so just wanted to come and say hi Waving  to you all and hope that you all are doing well and enjoying your weekend!! 

We are all doing well here, but still having alot of hot weather Sweating 2 , which is weird for this time of the year as we should be starting to get the cooler weather that comes with it being Fall Too Cold . Just got to hope that the cooler weather is on it's way!! PLEASE!! LOL!! 

To those of you that have your loved one's away overseas, God bless you and them, please know that God is looking over you and them right now and he is doing his best to make the time go as fast as possible so that you will be back in the arm's of the one you love sooner than later. As God knows only too well what it's like for you all to be without your loved ones and so do I. Please just try to take things one day at a time. 

Please TAKE CARE, LOVE KELLY. Big Hug 

March 13, 2006, 10:07 am CST

My best friend/sister at heart

My best friend followed me into the military right after high school.  She is the sister I never had, and we have always been very close, until recently.  After talker to her this past weekend after hearing nothing for over six months, I don't know what to do.  Well,,,Read below. 

Date: September 2005  

I learned that my best friend of almost 15 years now will be deploying to Iraq in a month.  She was stationed in Korea and had some major issues that she was trying to work through, the biggest one being that she was raped while in Korea, and had suppressed the emotions and memories.  She wound up in the psych ward for a couple of days for that.  She was slowly getting better, then she found out that she was going to go play in the desert.  

Date: March 2006  

Six months later I had heard nothing from her and was worried.  Finally getting tired of waiting for her to get in touch with me I called her post's information line to try and find her.  They wouldn't give me her info, but that standard operating procedure.  They gave her my info, and all I could do was hope that she'd call.  She called, I was glad to hear her voice.  Until I found out that she had been home for three months and hadn't called or anything.  Her excuse was that she didn't have my number.  I was all prepared to yell at her for not getting in touch earlier, until she told me why she was home.  

While she was in Iraq she got really depressed and eventually tried to kill herself.  That took all the wind out of my sails.  I couldn't yell at her, I couldn't be mad at her.  I couldn't feel anything but dissapointed in myself for not being there for her when she needed me the most.  

Now that I know she's home, and that she needs me I don't really know what to do.  I really want to know the details of why, but that seems rather insensitive now when I think about the whole situation.  All I really want to do is swoop her up and giver her a bear hug for a year or so until she's "better" or "normal".  She is my sister in heart, and I would do anything I could for her.  I hate it that I wasn't there for her when she needed me, and I hate it now that I have life responsibilites that prevent me from being with her right now.  I hate that there is a two hour drive one way to see her.  My heart hurts for her, and I would dearly love to taker her pain away and make her happy again.  

How do you deal with a suicide attempt?  What do you say?  How do you act?  What don't you say?  What don't you do?  Why wasn't I there when she needed me?  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last