Message Boards

Topic : Military Families Support

Number of Replies: 166
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, February 12, 2006, 07:30:53 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Having a loved one serving in the military can be stressful especially during these trying times.  Share your support and advice with other service men and women, and family members of those proudly serving our country.

NOTE: This is a support board, not a debate board and any messages counterproductive to this topic will be removed.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 6, 2006, 12:03 am CDT

WELCOME TO THE MILITARY FAMILIES SUPPORT BOARD! rayvinfive AND txarmywife

Thank you for joining us. Each person who comes here has a story to tell. I hope you will tell your story and find strength from hearing from others as well. Please help work to make this new board become the kind of support families in the military are looking for.

We are all so different but we do have as least one thing in common. We have a job to do. It is a hard job to “keep the home fires burning!” But it is something we CAN DO and something WE MUST DO! Our loved ones in the military are counting on us to be there for them and to take care of ourselves and our families as they serve, protect and preserve our FREEDOM!

We can do this... one day at a time... one hour at a time. You can do this! You may seem to be only going through the motions, but you can do this. We can get through it together. I know we can help each other. I hope that you will become a partner here and that you will reach out to others as well.

Thank you for joining us! We are very happy you are here!
red-white
a.k.a. Blue
a.k.a. Mike’s Mom

rayvinfive AND txarmywife I am looking forward to responding to your individual posts as soon as I return from My Mothers Funeral--by the way red_white and blue_white are just two different USERNAMES for Kathy White = ME --I like to shake things up a bit! Don’t be confused. Anyone else NEW I missed --WELCOME! Greetings to all you “Regulars” --As you see I’m In CRISIS status! I will catch y’all on the other-side of this when I can STAND DOWN! KW

April 6, 2006, 10:10 am CDT

Blue

Quote From: blue_white

Got back from my trip
Became VERY SICK
Then my MOTHER passed
And Ive been hit by ANOTHER blast!
Be gone one more week
Before we can speak
Blue

This is mjkkas, changed my name :). 

I am so sorry for everything that you  

have been going through. Sorry about 

the loss of your mother, my dad passed 

a couple of months ago and it is still hard. 

You are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Be kind to yourself. 

April 10, 2006, 7:06 pm CDT

HI KATHY...

Quote From: blue_white

Got back from my trip
Became VERY SICK
Then my MOTHER passed
And Ive been hit by ANOTHER blast!
Be gone one more week
Before we can speak
Blue

I am so very sorry to hear about your dear Mum, please know that you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Please TAKE CARE, LOVE KELLY. Big Hug 

April 11, 2006, 10:34 pm CDT

Military Families Support

April 14, 2006, 1:21 pm CDT

It's nice knowing I can come here for support...

My husband has been in Iraq for 6 months so far, just 6 more months to go.  He left 5 weeks after we got married, it was the saddest day of my life! 

During this time our love for one another has grown.  We were together for a very short time before geting married so we are learning a lot about one another.  I just feel so lucky to have found the man of my dreams!

I miss him like crazy!  This week has been especially rough then yesterday to top it off I was terminated from my job.  I wish he was here to comfort me.  My family has been very supportive, today my sister came over today with a catus for the prickley times in life. 

April 17, 2006, 5:19 pm CDT

HELLO LENAE...

Quote From: lenae_

My husband has been in Iraq for 6 months so far, just 6 more months to go.  He left 5 weeks after we got married, it was the saddest day of my life! 

During this time our love for one another has grown.  We were together for a very short time before geting married so we are learning a lot about one another.  I just feel so lucky to have found the man of my dreams!

I miss him like crazy!  This week has been especially rough then yesterday to top it off I was terminated from my job.  I wish he was here to comfort me.  My family has been very supportive, today my sister came over today with a catus for the prickley times in life. 

Welcome to this board, hope you will contuine to keep coming here for your much needed support. There are alot of us here who do understand what it's like when your hubby isn't around and is far away from you in another country.

HelloMy name is Kelly and my hubby is in the Australian Army and has been now for over 19 years. We have been married over 14 years now but have been together over 16 years. We have a little girl Stephanie who will be turning 4 in July.

Please feel free to come here anytime that you need to, also if you would like to email me you are more than welcome to. My email address is in my profile so just click on my profile to get it.

Well you TAKE CARE and hope to hear from you soon, LOVE KELLY. Big Hug 

April 20, 2006, 11:21 am CDT

Military Families Support

I am finally back! Talk to y'all soon. Blue

April 20, 2006, 2:40 pm CDT

please add us to your prayers

I am happy to find somewhere to read about others experiences and not feel so alone.  I have a son and daughter as well as a new son in law who are all in Iraq, fighting with the Army.  I just can't find the best words to tell people how I am feeling except to say that the sadness and fear are at times, overwhelming.  My children/young adults are living such a fragile life and the things that they are seeing and living are a horror and will forever change who they are.  My son is a calvary scout and spends much of his time out on missions hoping to stay alive one more day.  He just lost 3 friends who burned to death inside a humvee and he had to endure their horrible last minutes because he and others couldn't get them out.  My daughter is a newlywed who came home on leave for 2 weeks to marry her beloved because "life is short" and she had learned in a very short time that loving and being loved was so huge compared to sweating the small stuff.  Her new husband will join her shortly in country but not together.  Please join me in a prayer each night to ask God to watch over each and every person fighting and for all those supporting them at every level.  I may not be sure that I support this war but make no mistake, I am proud to be an American and have nothing but pride and gratitude to those brave soldiers for giving far more then we should ask of them and hope that God offers them deep comfort and peace in this difficult time.  Mom of Chase and Chad and mom in law of Joe ***    

April 21, 2006, 4:52 pm CDT

Hey everyone!!

I've been gone a while...we were in Michigan for leave.  My husband was discussing going special forces and i was wondering if there are any wives in my place out there and if they had any advice. 

Love, Jen  

April 22, 2006, 10:11 am CDT

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Quote From: red_white

Thank you for joining us. Each person who comes here has a story to tell. I hope you will tell your story and find strength from hearing from others as well. Please help work to make this new board become the kind of support families in the military are looking for.

We are all so different but we do have as least one thing in common. We have a job to do. It is a hard job to keep the home fires burning! But it is something we CAN DO and something WE MUST DO! Our loved ones in the military are counting on us to be there for them and to take care of ourselves and our families as they serve, protect and preserve our FREEDOM!

We can do this... one day at a time... one hour at a time. You can do this! You may seem to be only going through the motions, but you can do this. We can get through it together. I know we can help each other. I hope that you will become a partner here and that you will reach out to others as well.

Thank you for joining us! We are very happy you are here!
red-white
a.k.a. Blue
a.k.a. Mikes Mom

rayvinfive AND txarmywife I am looking forward to responding to your individual posts as soon as I return from My Mothers Funeral--by the way red_white and blue_white are just two different USERNAMES for Kathy White = ME --I like to shake things up a bit! Dont be confused. Anyone else NEW I missed --WELCOME! Greetings to all you Regulars --As you see Im In CRISIS status! I will catch yall on the other-side of this when I can STAND DOWN! KW

I really appreciate this message board.  It's hard being on this side of the soldiers and for those of us who are new to it, bless all of you for your advice and support.  Thanks to you red-white (or blue, or mike's mom:)  )  for noticing us new ones.  I hope that as my husband's career furthers, I can help others that were in my place. 

Love, Jen 

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last