Message Boards

Topic : Military Families Support

Number of Replies: 166
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, February 12, 2006, 07:30:53 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Having a loved one serving in the military can be stressful especially during these trying times.  Share your support and advice with other service men and women, and family members of those proudly serving our country.

NOTE: This is a support board, not a debate board and any messages counterproductive to this topic will be removed.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 16, 2008, 8:00 pm CDT

thanks to all who serve

I would like to thank all who serve especially my husband who is in the Army.  He spends a lot of time away from our daughter and I know that he is sacrificing a lot.  I am so proud of him and all the other men and women in the military.

traci

September 16, 2008, 11:13 pm CDT

Can Anyone Help Me?!

I have a friend of mine that I've known for 12 years that was serving in Iraq. The last day I heard from him was 9-10-07. He was due to come home in January 08. I have gotten no email response, his phone number is disconnected, and no one will tell me anything because I'm not family... I cannot tell you how many nights I've been up in tears because I am so worried. Can anyone give me advice on how to find him through the military?? I have spent HOURS online searching for any trace of him, I have paid the websites that do background searches with no results... It's like he just disappeared.... Please help me, I don't know where else to go... I never asked specific details about where he was or what he was doing, all I know is he was Marine Corp stationed somewhere in Iraq.... His name is Ian Lehr.

September 22, 2008, 4:30 pm CDT

ANY ANSWERS?? 0R HELP PLEASE.

0H L0RD , WHERE T0 BEGiN! iVE BEEN A MEMBER 0F A SiTE CALLED MYSPACEF0R A WHiLE N0W SiNCE i WAS AB0UT 15 , iM AT THE AGE 0F NiNETEEN YEARS0LD && MARRIED! IM MARRIED T0 A S0LDiER iN THE UNiTED STATESARMY , HE iS CURRENTLY DEPLOYED. iM LiVING iN GE0GRiA, PATiENTLYWAiTiNG 0N MY HUSBANDS RETURN.. SiNCE 2007 I HAVE BEEN BULLiED BYPE0PLE ALL AR0UND THE W0RLD M0ST 0F THEM ARE MiLiTARY WIVES. I HAVEBEEN T0LD T0 KiLL MYSELF, MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN T0LD T0 SH00T HiMSELF Iniraq. I HAVE BEEN T0LD i WILL BE BURRIED 10 FT UNDER GROUND.. I HAVERECIEVED NUMER0US AND NUMER0US 0F EMAILS FR0M PE0PLE IVE NEVER MET,TALKED T0 IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, JUST TELLING ME IM A NO GOOD PIECE OF****, IM RETARDED, I HAVE A LEARNING PR0BLEM. I D0NT THINK THAT MAKESME RETARDED, D0ES IT? I HAVE BEEN STALKED, IVE CHANGED MY NUMER0US 0VER40 X MAYBE LESS. I HAVE M0VED INT0 MY 0WN PLACE, AND N0W IM AFRAID 0FMY 0WN LIFE, BECAUSE I NEVER KN0W WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME.. MY HUSBANDHAS ALS0 BEEN BULLIED ITS A CONSTANT THING, I REALLY D0NT KN0W WHAT T0D0 ANYM0RE.. I FEEL LIKE THERES A HATE CRIME AGAIST ME.. UGH!

i WANT TO THANK EVERY SERViCE MEMBER F0R THEIR ULTIMATE SACFRISE. AND ALL THE MiLiTARY WiVES F0R BEiNG STR0NG, L0YAL AND PR0UD..

October 18, 2008, 11:41 am CDT

Just another wife and MOm with a Hubby In IRaq

Hi everyone My name is Jenna, I'm 26 1/2 and have been married 8 yrs to a Us army Infantry Soldier, we have a 3 1/2 yr old little girl who has autsim. My husband is currently In Iraq.. In one of the worst areas, but He seems to be hanging inthere, and i Know ti has alot to do withthe men he's serving with. It's true what htey say.. army Wives stick together, and our men cover their boy's backs. My husband has been in the army for 11 years. I to have been told, well you chose it, so oh well. I've never once complained about my life, I DID choose this life, and I don't regret it for one min. I was inthe army for 4 years and that's how i met my husbnad, I got out wheni became preg with our daughter, I went into labor @ 24 weeks. My husband was in Afghanistan at the time, Yet when the dr's told the army, that my life and our (SON) ( she came out a girl, needless to say we were a little shocked) but our daughter was in grave danger.. My placenta completly abratated adn i was bleeding out, and fading, NO JOKE the army got him there and FAST!!! i had to wait 72 hours while thy tried to keep her alive and pump me full of surfacntint it makes hte lungs develop FAST!!!  But The miltiary Life isnt as bad as everyone says, YES i HATE hte wives that sit there and complain everyday, IF you married him while he wasin the military you did know wha toyu were getting into, But if he went in after you were married it is diff, and it's a shell shock, army life is diff. then civi life, there's no arguement there.. But the ones of us that are prouder then most, and hold the homefront down, and tell our men IT's OK.. I miss you and i love you .. But we are doign ok.. those are heros as well.. it takes a STRONG woman to live the miltiary life.. and to be a mom on top of it is even harder, I know that. But when you doubt yourself, just think back and say If my husband can put his life online everyday... b/c he CHOSE to serve then i can at least do this for him.. take one less worry from him... even though i say that.. if any of your men are liek mine they still worry.. about us. I'm a Medic, and I know everything about my daughters health issues from being born 3 months early, but my husband is still worried, when she has her lung attacks and dosent breath.. but I miss him so much right now, and I guess i"m like any other HUMAN.. there's days where i sooo dont feel strong and i feel as if my world is coming apart.. People dont understand how we feel, and on top of that, if you dont have a child with disibilites it's even harder to understand, my daughter is a daddy girl, and actually inflicks pain upon herself when daddy gets off hte web cam, of she can't talk to him. autism is a hard thing to deal with, along with her chronic lung disease, gastro disease, and partilly deaf.. My life is crazy, But I wouldnt change it for one min. If this is a first deployment for you.. If you make it through this you knwo you can make it through anythign together.. this is my 3rd, and thankfully, my husband wil be attending drill sgt. school next july... He'll be returning next JUNE... this was a 15 month deployment!!!  So things have been really rough the last year but I've never been more proud to say I'm A ARMY WIFE!! and my husband is my hero along with every other military person serving.. and to the spouses WHO are faithfull and honest to their men at home...  Who keeps the family together and going...  You too our homefront hero's!!!  If anyone is in Florida. I'm down here with my parents until June...  also I'm on myspace.. under armywife121501     so I have all mil wives on my page and we just vent to each other ... so If anyone wants to talk or chat  hit me up!!

Jenna

December 10, 2008, 7:04 am CST

My support

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXKxZGQo8PA

February 5, 2009, 9:13 am CST

I NEED HELP!!!!

A soldier that i love and care deeply for has recently returned from Iraq.  While there he was diagnosed with PTSD.  Since his return, he has had a few episodes of blacking out, nightmares, anxiety and extreme stress.  The Army has sent him to several different "Behavioral Health Facilities", in other words-psychiatric wards, and all they do is HEAVILY medicate him and then release him.  He has been at one for a total of 3 weeks, then to another for 1 week and now they have him in one for 21 days. 
He tells me all they do is keep him medicated and place board games in "group" therapy.  One of the doctors even accused him of faking all of this.
Has this happened to anyone else??  If so, what can I do to try to get him the help he so desperately needs and wants so he can get back to a normal life.  This is very frustrating and no one seems to listen to him when he says he wants help.  He wants to learn how to cope with all of this and eventually get past it, as much as he can.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank-you

First | Prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | Next Page | Last Page