Message Boards

Topic : Military Families Support

Number of Replies: 166
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, February 12, 2006, 07:30:53 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Having a loved one serving in the military can be stressful especially during these trying times.  Share your support and advice with other service men and women, and family members of those proudly serving our country.

NOTE: This is a support board, not a debate board and any messages counterproductive to this topic will be removed.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 21, 2006, 8:49 pm CST

Vickie WELCOME TO THE MILITARY FAMILIES SUPPORT BOARD! Everyone, This is my friend Vickie (creator of the “We don’t have to do this alone...” Message Board)

Quote From: mfoxy1

wanted to come and see the new board----congrats blue for getting this going. I enjoyed reading everyones posts.My heart goes out to all the troops and their family's. I don't have any family in the service at this time. but I do care and keep all our troops and their families in my daily prayers. 

Kathy hope your feeling better soon. 

Vickie 

I figured you would find your way here any day! Thank you for your support and encouragement! I know I can always count on you!

About feeling better.... I’m out of the woods pretty much now from the “dangerous” part of my allergic reaction to my new medication, thank goodness! But I’m not feeling to well. Abruptly stopping the kind of medication I have to take does not make for easy going, if you know what I mean? But thanks for your concern. I appreciate that you asking. I’ll be back to normal (what ever that is!) soon, I sure hope.

Thanks again for your visit. Hope to see you again soon. Blue

February 21, 2006, 8:56 pm CST

misfitgrrl! CONGRATULATIONS FEATURED Shared Diary (week of 02/19/06)

YOUR SHARED DIARY IS FEATURED this week!!! I’m not sure if you are aware of it. Click Diaries and check it out! I’m rushing in and out here tonight.... So I’ll just post some “recycled” Blue that I have posted on other FEATURED DIARIES:

So glad you checked back to see comments. Some folks don't!

About once-a-week they choose two
This week one of the “chosen” was you!
Usually it changes sometime on the weekend
I read the FEATURED Shared Diaries and send...
A little note to let you know
From my DIARY to yours to show...
That some folks read what you write
And I read what you wrote tonight
Hope to someday meet you
My name is Blue

February 22, 2006, 12:46 pm CST

Oh my!

Quote From: red_white

YOUR SHARED DIARY IS FEATURED this week!!! Im not sure if you are aware of it. Click Diaries and check it out! Im rushing in and out here tonight.... So Ill just post some recycled Blue that I have posted on other FEATURED DIARIES:

So glad you checked back to see comments. Some folks don't!

About once-a-week they choose two
This week one of the chosen was you!
Usually it changes sometime on the weekend
I read the FEATURED Shared Diaries and send...
A little note to let you know
From my DIARY to yours to show...
That some folks read what you write
And I read what you wrote tonight
Hope to someday meet you
My name is Blue

Wow, I'm surprised they picked my diary as one of the featured ones.  I'm really honored though. 

Thanks for the note you left for me Blue, it really  made me happy.  

I love reading through diaries and finding your poems, it's almost like going on an easter egg hunt. 

-J. 

February 22, 2006, 12:51 pm CST

Following the News

Do you guys find it really difficult to listen to the news these days?  

For the 1st few days after David left, I was consumed with keeping up with all the latest coverage, but it just REALLY wore me down.  I'm trying really hard not to worry unless there's a reason to worry, and I know that if that reason comes about, the government will let me know.  So, I've decided that I'll feel a lot better if I tune into something besides the news. 

February 22, 2006, 5:40 pm CST

The news is bad

Quote From: misfitgrrl

Do you guys find it really difficult to listen to the news these days?  

For the 1st few days after David left, I was consumed with keeping up with all the latest coverage, but it just REALLY wore me down.  I'm trying really hard not to worry unless there's a reason to worry, and I know that if that reason comes about, the government will let me know.  So, I've decided that I'll feel a lot better if I tune into something besides the news. 

It can be very stressful. My son-in-law is in Iraq 

and I do get to IM with him and talk to him, almost 

everyday! That makes me feel better. Do you get to  

do that? I hope so, but maybe that would be hard to do also. 

I just feel that if I am talking to him then I know he is OK. 

February 23, 2006, 2:44 pm CST

Hey Friends!

Well it's been a few days since I've been here and it's really nice to see some new members.  I feel for the wife who's husband just left with all my heart.  My "bag o' agony" has been trying to get a flight to Kuwait from Iraq for 3 days with no luck.  He is confirmed on a flight tomorrow  and should be home by Monday.  It is so easy to idealize homecomings and I put such a high expectation on them and am usually a little disappointed so this time I'm going to remember that the guy has been traveling for 36 hours and will have his days and nights turned around.   

A special note to the lady who's husband just left:  Your life will get into a rhythm and you will come out of this a much stronger wife, mother, and woman!  Please take advantage of all the support systems the military offers you.  My husband is a civilian and I feel so alone sometimes.  What surprises me is the rage I have been feeling lately.  Mad isn't any better than sad though unfortunately. 

Much Love to all, 

Kim 

February 24, 2006, 7:56 am CST

Military Families Support Greetings!

NOTE TO ALL

Sorry I’m not posting. I am away from my computer for a few days because of a non-emergency family situation.

Everything is fine!/ Just can't MAKE or take the time!/ By this Sunday --I should be back on-line/

“See” you then.
Blue

February 24, 2006, 12:36 pm CST

Hurray!

Quote From: kimmyann

Well it's been a few days since I've been here and it's really nice to see some new members.  I feel for the wife who's husband just left with all my heart.  My "bag o' agony" has been trying to get a flight to Kuwait from Iraq for 3 days with no luck.  He is confirmed on a flight tomorrow  and should be home by Monday.  It is so easy to idealize homecomings and I put such a high expectation on them and am usually a little disappointed so this time I'm going to remember that the guy has been traveling for 36 hours and will have his days and nights turned around.   

A special note to the lady who's husband just left:  Your life will get into a rhythm and you will come out of this a much stronger wife, mother, and woman!  Please take advantage of all the support systems the military offers you.  My husband is a civilian and I feel so alone sometimes.  What surprises me is the rage I have been feeling lately.  Mad isn't any better than sad though unfortunately. 

Much Love to all, 

Kim 

Hi Kim,  

I hope everything goes smoothly for your husband as he makes his way back home.  I have a lot of respect for the contractors that are working over there, I know that they're in just as much danger and work just as hard as our soldiers do.   

I hope his homecoming is joyful and I'm sure once you guys get use to being back together again, everything will be just fine.  I think most couples experience a few bumps when they get back together, it's just human nature. 

I remember once when I came to pick up David after he'd been deployed for 7 months.  I was standing by the car expecting him to run up and hug me, so imagine my shock when the 1st thing he did was walk past me, so he could look over the car to make sure there wasn't any damage done to it while he was away!  Men!!!! LOL 

Check back soon and let us know how everything's going! 

-J. 

February 24, 2006, 12:37 pm CST

Ya'll Come Back Now-You Hear?

Quote From: blue_white

NOTE TO ALL

Sorry Im not posting. I am away from my computer for a few days because of a non-emergency family situation.

Everything is fine!/ Just can't MAKE or take the time!/ By this Sunday --I should be back on-line/

See you then.
Blue

Hope things settle down for you soon Blue.  

Take care! 

-J. 

February 26, 2006, 4:18 pm CST

Thanks -J! Well how was your FEATURED DIARY week? I'll get over there again tonight maybe.

Quote From: misfitgrrl

Hope things settle down for you soon Blue.  

Take care! 

-J. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last