Message Boards

Topic : *A Dr. Phil Prime Time Special: Love Smart*

Number of Replies: 240
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, February 13, 2006, 11:47:44 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil sits down with one of America's biggest stars, a woman who's single and sick of it. Paula Abdul's extends a rare invitation inside her home ... and heart. Follow her as she chooses one lucky date from 10 bachelors hand-picked by Dr. Phil. Plus, Rob juggles so many women, he says his social life could be a full-time job. After years of playing the field, he wonders if it's time to settle down. Is an emotional block keeping Rob single, or is his playboy lifestyle simply too much fun? See what happens when Rob’s girlfriends learn the truth about him. Against the backdrop of an old-time drive-in theater, Dr. Phil conveys a timeless message. He shows singles and couples alike how to stop loving dumb and start loving smart.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 14, 2006, 2:30 pm CST

LOVE SMART SHOW

In your first segment about the 3 young women that were with the 3 guys, 2 of the guys were overweight & one bald on top of it. If the roles were reversed, would the men go for the overweight women? The women say that the weight wasn't an issue. That's a blatant lie. The minute they're off of the show, they'll talk about how overweight he was & how they're not attracted to either one, especially the bigger guy. As a female who is quite attractive & has had to deal with the weight issue myself (now I don't, but in the past I had), I can relate to the women having to be skinny & beautiful in order to get a guy's attention. Dr. Phil, how about having the roles reversed? In other words, show how picky guys are in the looks department! How they could be blindfolded & have overweight women be attractive to them in the personality department! I didn't catch yesterday's show, but this is a thought incase you didn't approach this issue yesterday! Thank you!!

February 14, 2006, 2:38 pm CST

50+ and would like love smart

Quote From: floridagal

I would love to participate in a Love Smart show for ladies over 50.  Please consider doing a show like this and including me!!! 

I am 51 yrs. young.  I have watched your Love Smart shows, but they are always younger ladies and gentlemen.   

I very much agree and would like to participate in a Love Smart over 50.  I will be 50 this year and have seemed to be love challenged my whole life.   I have never had a relationship or boyfriend.  I am a little upset with the  Dr. Phil show in that his shows seem to focus on the "beautiful" people.  there are people who are more average men and women, mildly to moderately  health challenged who live productive and relatively happy lives who would love to have the opportunity(ies) that some of the beautiful people have.  

I think since men can be so visual, some woman can be overlooked.  The blindfolded women  experiment was interesting, but I think it should  be the men who are blindfolded,  that would  be far more interesting to me 

February 14, 2006, 2:42 pm CST

Average Joe Experiment

Quote From: hpytexan

Marty on the show (the one that was hair challenged) is a very good looking man.  He looks like Michael Chicliss from The Shield. HOT HOT HOT.  Good luck to him.  Maybe these men should be looking for an older woman, who appreciates a man more. 

I think all the guys seemed very nice; Marty was very goodlooking.    

February 14, 2006, 3:36 pm CST

*A Dr. Phil Prime Time Special: Love Smart*

Quote From: moonstone

In your first segment about the 3 young women that were with the 3 guys, 2 of the guys were overweight & one bald on top of it. If the roles were reversed, would the men go for the overweight women? The women say that the weight wasn't an issue. That's a blatant lie. The minute they're off of the show, they'll talk about how overweight he was & how they're not attracted to either one, especially the bigger guy. As a female who is quite attractive & has had to deal with the weight issue myself (now I don't, but in the past I had), I can relate to the women having to be skinny & beautiful in order to get a guy's attention. Dr. Phil, how about having the roles reversed? In other words, show how picky guys are in the looks department! How they could be blindfolded & have overweight women be attractive to them in the personality department! I didn't catch yesterday's show, but this is a thought incase you didn't approach this issue yesterday! Thank you!!
I agree with you on that.  I would love to see the very same men set up with women that more match their looks. I would love to know their response and reaction. As an attractive, educated woman I do need to be with someone that is not only a good person, intelligent, but someone that i am physically attracted to, that does not make one a bad person, but honest. Mind you, at the same time a guy may be absolutely gorgeous, but if he has zero personality a 10 quickly becomes a zero     

February 14, 2006, 3:53 pm CST

Truth

I wish it were different, but smart and less attractive women don't get attention.  I think learning to live happily with hobbies, altruism and meaningful work is where it's at for us.  I'm 54 and overweight and happy.  I have my moments when I'm lonesome but on the whole try to make being alone interesting and fun because I don't see that changing for me.  I've been single-again for 25+ years.  I get out, I meet people, but guys my age want babes that are younger and thinner.  There in no hope in my heart that I will have anyone to walk into the future with me.  So far this series isn't changing that in the least for me.

February 14, 2006, 4:14 pm CST

Love Smart

My hubby is a  small built man.  The day I met him I told him right up front.  I will always weight more than you. If you have a problem with this tell me now.  He has never had a problem with my weight.  He tells me he doesn't love me for my appreiance, He loves me for me.   

As for the blonde who thinks she is HOT and a #10.  and had a big problem with Marty being bald. She has the problem not Marty.  .  

February 14, 2006, 4:44 pm CST

To Paula

I'm sure Paula will never read this but I wanted to wish her a Happy Valentine's Day and wish her good luck in the future. I think I speak for all of her fans: it hurts us to see that she can't find a guy to love her for who she is. Lots of Love! 

Rebecca and Natalie 

XOXO 

February 14, 2006, 4:59 pm CST

love smart

Quote From: cisyware

My hubby is a  small built man.  The day I met him I told him right up front.  I will always weight more than you. If you have a problem with this tell me now.  He has never had a problem with my weight.  He tells me he doesn't love me for my appreiance, He loves me for me.   

As for the blonde who thinks she is HOT and a #10.  and had a big problem with Marty being bald. She has the problem not Marty.  .  

I AGREE WITH YOU. I MET MY HUSBAND 11 WONDERFUL YEARS AGO HE WAS OVER WEIGHT AND SHY. THE FIRST THING I EVER KNEW ABOUT HIM WAS THAT HE HAD A VERY SEXY VOICE I WOULD LISTEN TO HIM OVER THE P.A GIVING ANNOUNCMENTS AND WOUNDER WHO WAS THAT GUY WITH THE GREAT VOICE(WE WERE BOTH WORKING IN A DEPARTMENT STORE)I FOUND HIS VOICE VERY SEXY. THEN I MET HIM ON A COFFIE BREAK AND GOT TO KNOW HIM AND WITH IN THREE WEEKS WE WERE INGAGED AND HAVE NEVER REGRETED A MOMENT.  

I ALSO THINK THAT THE BLOND WHO THINKS SHE IS HOT AND A 10, AND HAD A PROBLEM WITH MARTY WHO FROM MY PINT OF VIEW SOUNDED AND LOOKED QUITE NICE.REALLY NEEDS TO GIVE HER SELF A SHAKE. SHE IS THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEM. IF I HAD TO  GIVE HER A SCORE I WOULD. GIVE HER A 9 FOR LOOKS  BUT A -1 FOR PERSONALITY. SHE WAS TO JUDGMENTAL AND PICKY . SHE WILL NEVER FIND ANYONE NO MATTER HIS LOOKS TO FIT HER "QUALIFICATIONS" AND I SAY THAT LOOSLY. 

February 14, 2006, 5:00 pm CST

love smart

Quote From: cisyware

I AGREE WITH YOU. I MET MY HUSBAND 11 WONDERFUL YEARS AGO HE WAS OVER WEIGHT AND SHY. THE FIRST THING I EVER KNEW ABOUT HIM WAS THAT HE HAD A VERY SEXY VOICE I WOULD LISTEN TO HIM OVER THE P.A GIVING ANNOUNCMENTS AND WOUNDER WHO WAS THAT GUY WITH THE GREAT VOICE(WE WERE BOTH WORKING IN A DEPARTMENT STORE)I FOUND HIS VOICE VERY SEXY. THEN I MET HIM ON A COFFIE BREAK AND GOT TO KNOW HIM AND WITH IN THREE WEEKS WE WERE INGAGED AND HAVE NEVER REGRETED A MOMENT.  

I ALSO THINK THAT THE BLOND WHO THINKS SHE IS HOT AND A 10, AND HAD A PROBLEM WITH MARTY WHO FROM MY PINT OF VIEW SOUNDED AND LOOKED QUITE NICE.REALLY NEEDS TO GIVE HER SELF A SHAKE. SHE IS THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEM. IF I HAD TO  GIVE HER A SCORE I WOULD. GIVE HER A 9 FOR LOOKS  BUT A -1 FOR PERSONALITY. SHE WAS TO JUDGMENTAL AND PICKY . SHE WILL NEVER FIND ANYONE NO MATTER HIS LOOKS TO FIT HER "QUALIFICATIONS" AND I SAY THAT LOOSLY. 

February 14, 2006, 5:04 pm CST

To Paula!

Happy Valentines Paula!  

polla filakia! 

Shane  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last