Message Boards

Topic : *A Dr. Phil Prime Time Special: Love Smart*

Number of Replies: 240
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, February 13, 2006, 11:47:44 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil sits down with one of America's biggest stars, a woman who's single and sick of it. Paula Abdul's extends a rare invitation inside her home ... and heart. Follow her as she chooses one lucky date from 10 bachelors hand-picked by Dr. Phil. Plus, Rob juggles so many women, he says his social life could be a full-time job. After years of playing the field, he wonders if it's time to settle down. Is an emotional block keeping Rob single, or is his playboy lifestyle simply too much fun? See what happens when Rob’s girlfriends learn the truth about him. Against the backdrop of an old-time drive-in theater, Dr. Phil conveys a timeless message. He shows singles and couples alike how to stop loving dumb and start loving smart.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 13, 2006, 5:32 pm CST

another block

...try to be a strong woman over 60 with Dr. in front on your name .... ain't a chance of finding someone beyond a great cat who will hang out with you.    I've learned to live alone....not lonely, just alone. 

February 14, 2006, 7:45 am CST

re paula

just wanted to wish paula a happy valentines day. and wanted to wish her well in the future .tc rick

February 14, 2006, 8:11 am CST

What about us old farts?

Dr Phil,     

All of your guest, are young and beautiful. Did you forget about us, the older generation. There are lots of us out here and we need help finding love too. Although dating for us is similar, there are distinct differences. Come on! Give us a brake! Do at least one show, about the older generation and dating.     Love the show       Gloria 57yrs 

February 14, 2006, 8:54 am CST

The jealous girlfriend

I'm not sure Dr. Phil gave the best advice to the couple with the jealousy problems.  As I was watching the girl watch her boyfriend converse with other women, I thought she went WAY overboard with her buzzing.  I think Dr. Phil should have focused more on the girl and her problems and not on the guy.  I think no matter what the guy does, the girl will be jealous - she will find some way to turn it around to be "bad".   

I had the same problem for years.  I was always so afraid of someone leaving me.  Then after about a million of them did and I got used to just being "me", I wasn't so afraid of losing a man.  I knew I'd be fine without them.  Now I'm happily married and not jealous at all.  My husband has female friends and I have male friends.  We have a healthy relationship.  The girl with the jealous problem really needs to be happy that she has a nice guy so willing to work with her on her jealousy.  He seems to really love her and I kind of feel sorry for him because it seems like nothing he will do will ever be right for her. 

February 14, 2006, 10:51 am CST

This is for Marty

Dr. Phil, 

Please give this message to Marty. Tell Marty that he is sexy , cute , handsome and of course bald.  Bald men are sexy to me and I wouldn't hesitate to give a handsome man like  you a date .  You also have a beautiful smile and  after your experience on Dr. Phil and it doesn't work out  you can give me a call or email me.  Until then and good luck which you don't need. You just haven't meet the right woman and that's me. 

Victoria from Ga. 

February 14, 2006, 10:59 am CST

Thank you, Dr Phil

Watching the show on Loving Smart was a thrill. Finally someone who is telling it like it is. As a mother of 2 adult children, one married, one single, I agree that if you are looking for a real relationship you must do so with your head and your heart. There are many wonderful, caring, and loving people out there. I am amazed at how superficial some of the singles are.  As the years have passed women have apparently taken the lead in this department. Many are looking for an Adonis that is rich and just enjoys showering them with gifts and good times. Just remember all the time that goes into building those byceps and shopping for that elite wardrobe is spent on themselves. 

Look for a partner that comes from a strong family background. One that respects and has a loving relationship with his parents. Then you'll be on to something. The value they place in what that parent does and how he/she lives is the foundation for how you will be appreciated or not in your relationship. Keep up the good work, Dr. Phil! 

February 14, 2006, 12:40 pm CST

The Model and her man.

I disagree with Dr Phil.  He is Jealous  more, she is a model,,and a lot of men look at her.  

He knows that she is sensitive,  To make her feel bad... 

TC  John 

February 14, 2006, 12:58 pm CST

Age 50+ Needs Love

I would love to participate in a Love Smart show for ladies over 50.  Please consider doing a show like this and including me!!! 

I am 51 yrs. young.  I have watched your Love Smart shows, but they are always younger ladies and gentlemen.   

February 14, 2006, 1:25 pm CST

dayjenny you've got the answer!!!!!!

Quote From: dayjenny

I'm not sure Dr. Phil gave the best advice to the couple with the jealousy problems.  As I was watching the girl watch her boyfriend converse with other women, I thought she went WAY overboard with her buzzing.  I think Dr. Phil should have focused more on the girl and her problems and not on the guy.  I think no matter what the guy does, the girl will be jealous - she will find some way to turn it around to be "bad".   

I had the same problem for years.  I was always so afraid of someone leaving me.  Then after about a million of them did and I got used to just being "me", I wasn't so afraid of losing a man.  I knew I'd be fine without them.  Now I'm happily married and not jealous at all.  My husband has female friends and I have male friends.  We have a healthy relationship.  The girl with the jealous problem really needs to be happy that she has a nice guy so willing to work with her on her jealousy.  He seems to really love her and I kind of feel sorry for him because it seems like nothing he will do will ever be right for her. 

Being jealous is  a reflection about how one feels about oneself.  If you are insecure you are afraid that you don't have what you need to hold on to a loved one.  You need constant reassurance and always worry that someone else is smarter, prettier etc. and that you will be left behind for this other person. And what is worse is that the neediness itself can drive someone away.   Dayjenny you have found the answer.  Now that you feel secure with yourself you don't worry about these things anymore. I've been there, done that too when I was very young, and also found the answer and have a wonderful, long term, great marriage.  Best of luck and Happy Valentine's Day!  Enjoy it with your loved one!  JB

February 14, 2006, 1:29 pm CST

love smart show

Marty on the show (the one that was hair challenged) is a very good looking man.  He looks like Michael Chicliss from The Shield. HOT HOT HOT.  Good luck to him.  Maybe these men should be looking for an older woman, who appreciates a man more. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last