Message Boards

Topic : 07/31 Are You a Bitch?

Number of Replies: 379
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 17, 2006, 03:00:33 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/20/06) Meet three women who each admit to being a "bitch" and proud of it! Kristine, Teresa and Lois all say their demanding bitchiness gets them what they want when they want it. But Dr. Phil challenges their thinking. Is it really working for them? What is behind their bitchy bias, and would their lives change for the better with an attitude adjustment? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 17, 2006, 3:26 pm CST

This should be an interesting show!!

I.m looking forward to this one.  I don't think you have to be a bitch to get what you want;  you just need to be assertive. I believe that once you cross the line into aggressiveness, it starts impacting on your relationship with that person.  

February 18, 2006, 5:13 am CST

You catch more flies with honey

People will bend over backwards to help you if you treat them nicely and with respect. I get business referred to me all the time because people consider me pleasant to work with. There is no reason to be bitchy to get what you want when you can get more doing it nicely! 

Steph 

February 18, 2006, 11:08 am CST

bitch and me?

Quote From: juliebgg

I.m looking forward to this one.  I don't think you have to be a bitch to get what you want;  you just need to be assertive. I believe that once you cross the line into aggressiveness, it starts impacting on your relationship with that person.  

i used to be a bitch..now im assertive. ive had anger management. I was angry for 33 years ..im only 37 so i look back and i know how anger made me look and behave like a bitch when infact 

i wasnt..the real me never was. im gina from birmingham in england and dr phils books saved my life..liyerally saved my life.x 

February 18, 2006, 11:58 am CST

Queen B's

Wow. I can't wait to see this one. Many of the bitches I've met in my life don't get that label because they are assertive, or because they know what they want. They are categorized as such because they think that what they think/want/do is far more important than anyone else's situation. They do not understand the concept of empathy or compromise.  

Most of the time, if a bitch gets what she wants, its because someone wanted shut the bitch up!  

That woman in the preview who said "DO you have to be so close? " in the store aisle w/ the cart, of course SHE couldn't move over a little bit. God forbid someone else has the adacity to shop in her store....that woman and her cart, that's a bitch on wheels.  

I can be assertive, I can be pretty crabby and not nice sometimes, but I don't want to be a bitch.  

February 18, 2006, 2:31 pm CST

Queen B's

I think these women are confused. A bitch is not a strong, assertive woman who stands by her convictions and works hard for what she believes in.  Rather, the more accurate definition would be a bully. 

I can't imagine it's that satisfying to always be right and be more important than other people when you're always by your self. 

I haven't watched the show yet, but like most people, we all know women and men who behave this way... I also think that whatever Dr. Phil has to say will be helpful for anyone who is watching. I am sure that I've done bitchy things in my life with out even realizing it.  

February 18, 2006, 3:32 pm CST

assertive vs. aggressive

Quote From: alteaon

Wow. I can't wait to see this one. Many of the bitches I've met in my life don't get that label because they are assertive, or because they know what they want. They are categorized as such because they think that what they think/want/do is far more important than anyone else's situation. They do not understand the concept of empathy or compromise.  

Most of the time, if a bitch gets what she wants, its because someone wanted shut the bitch up!  

That woman in the preview who said "DO you have to be so close? " in the store aisle w/ the cart, of course SHE couldn't move over a little bit. God forbid someone else has the adacity to shop in her store....that woman and her cart, that's a bitch on wheels.  

I can be assertive, I can be pretty crabby and not nice sometimes, but I don't want to be a bitch.  

There is a big difference between being assertive and being aggressive.  You can be assertive and go after what you want but it is not done in a mean or obnoxious pushy way.  I think that the "bitches" fall into the aggressive category.  They don't have reagard for other people's feelings aand will literally run people over with the cart to get what they want.  And you are right that some people do cave in just to get the bitch to shut up.  

I used to be a submissive pushover.  Then I realized that being a "people pleaser" just wasn't working for me because I never got the things that I wanted in my quest to please everyone else.    Then when I tried to break out of this, I sometimes overcompensated and probably came across as aggressive.  I have now reached a nice middle ground where I can usually get things I want or need, but I don't have to run someone else over in order to get it.  I also know when it is appropriate to compromise.  And I take other people's feelings into account. So things seem to be working nicely for both me, and the other people in my life, when I handle things assertively rather than aggressively or submissively. 

February 19, 2006, 11:51 am CST

02/20 Are You a Bitch?

These ladies might think that they are bitches but they haven't met  me yet. lol. just kidding. he.he. 

February 19, 2006, 12:28 pm CST

02/20 Are You a Bitch?

Can't wait to see this one! 

February 19, 2006, 1:14 pm CST

Are you a Bitch

All of us at some point or another have to act like or be a bitch. It's perfectly normal. Whether your at work, or  your'e with your friends. It does not matter. All it takes is for someone to come along and push the bitch button in us, and anyone can be a Bitch.......... 

This wil be an interesting show 

February 19, 2006, 1:35 pm CST

are you a bitch

well  to me   a person thats a bitch   is someone  with a   attitude  problem  toward  life and others.. also think they are all that.   think they are better then others..    thats what a bitch is.  a woman   should not be that way.   it makes others want to stay away from  you.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last