Message Boards

Topic : 02/27 Twisted Love: The Aftermath

Number of Replies: 1182
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 24, 2006, 11:20:56 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil follows up with one of this year's most talked about couples: Charles and Tracy. Charles had been juggling his time between his wife and mistress. He wanted to have them both, so he came up with the perfect solution: polyfidelity, a relationship in which he is shared by the two women. Tracy says she can't express her anger over the affair because she doesn't know how. Will she fight for her rights for the first time in 20 years of marriage? Charles claims he said goodbye to the other woman, but why did it take four meetings? Is it "goodbye forever" or just "goodbye for now"? Plus, their oldest son speaks out about his father's behavior, and Tracy has a message for the other woman. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More February 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 24, 2006, 12:24 pm CST

wow, back so soon?

They just had this couple on a few weeks ago.  I'm curious to see how they've been doing since then, though.  I'd imagine it hasn't been easy for either of them, not to mention their kids.

February 25, 2006, 8:32 am CST

Tracy and the jerk

Quote From: elwood

They just had this couple on a few weeks ago.  I'm curious to see how they've been doing since then, though.  I'd imagine it hasn't been easy for either of them, not to mention their kids.

I guess I will never understand why women are so stupid, and I include myself in that........I put up with my ex and his girlfriends for years.  I "thought" it was the love I had for him and it was insecuity in myself. 

Now, years later, when I look back I feel like an idiot. I wasted a lot of my life for NOTHING! I   look  at him now and wonder what in the hell I ever saw in him......... It is very sad what we do to ourselfs. 

February 25, 2006, 10:30 am CST

well, I believe they are one of

Quote From: elwood

I do believe they're one of the Dr. Phil families, this year. 

Possibly the reason why.  I think so.  

Aren't we really wondering about this situation, how it will play out, what the on going ramifications and conclusions will be? 

I sure am!!! 

February 25, 2006, 2:43 pm CST

When This Couple was first introduced several

Quote From: lemondrop

I do believe they're one of the Dr. Phil families, this year. 

Possibly the reason why.  I think so.  

Aren't we really wondering about this situation, how it will play out, what the on going ramifications and conclusions will be? 

I sure am!!! 

weeks ago, I was stunned and amazed at the lengths he would go to attempt to validate his affairand his attempts to make his affair appear "ok" morally and acceptable to even God. 

Unfortuately for his purposes but fortunately for the rest of the world, he was told the truth that 2 life partners is purly and simply WRONG. 

If indeed they are one of Dr. Phils families for 2006, they can only benefit and catch the truth. My hope and prayer is that they will grasp it and hold on for the rest of their lives. 

February 25, 2006, 4:51 pm CST

Will he Ever Stop cheating?

I would have to say "no", cause in his twisted mind it is o.k. Marriage is a committment to one person for life. He should have saved thousand of $ and never got married.

February 25, 2006, 11:14 pm CST

What a Jerk!

Quote From: zakksmomm

I would have to say "no", cause in his twisted mind it is o.k. Marriage is a committment to one person for life. He should have saved thousand of $ and never got married.
  I can not believe that this man would still be trying to justify his cheating ways.  I thing he is living in a fantasy world and I think his wife should kick him to the curb and let him go see just what this other woman is like after living with her.  If he thinks the grass is greener on the other side of the fence he is dead wrong, just like Dr. Phil always says "If they will do it with you, they will do it to you".  I hope that some day he gets his heart stepped on just like he is stepping on his wifes heart.  I pray that God gives her the courage to throw him out and never let him back even if he comes crawling on his hands and knees.

February 26, 2006, 6:54 am CST

*on pins and needles*

I am very interested in watching the follow up on this family.   

The discussion on the previous show's messageboard was very interesting. 

I hope both Charles and Tracy have found some truth, and with that truth some peace and happiness; whatever that comes to mean for them in the end. 

February 26, 2006, 8:58 am CST

Polyfidelity my big foot!!

Charles's tale of polyfidelity makes me ill!  He is simply a cheating husband who is trying to justify his misdeeds.  I know that his wife loves him or she still wouldn't be there.  Personally, the "other woman" or possibly even other women have their nerve.  Women that will latch on to another woman's husband are nothing but trash.  The thrill of having the taken ones seem to override the fact that they are actually hurting their own deeply.  When a woman does this to another woman I want no part of her.  I pray that Tracy will do what is best for her emotionally as this roller coaster with this tom cat and controlling creep is taking its toll on her.  Shame on you, Charles, the grass is not greener elsewhere...  

February 26, 2006, 2:39 pm CST

02/27 Twisted Love: The Aftermath

Quote From: vaughn15

Charles's tale of polyfidelity makes me ill!  He is simply a cheating husband who is trying to justify his misdeeds.  I know that his wife loves him or she still wouldn't be there.  Personally, the "other woman" or possibly even other women have their nerve.  Women that will latch on to another woman's husband are nothing but trash.  The thrill of having the taken ones seem to override the fact that they are actually hurting their own deeply.  When a woman does this to another woman I want no part of her.  I pray that Tracy will do what is best for her emotionally as this roller coaster with this tom cat and controlling creep is taking its toll on her.  Shame on you, Charles, the grass is not greener elsewhere...  
You really do need to walk a mile in someones shoes to make a statement like that.  I was the mistress to a wonder unhappy man.  I was abused in my 12 year marrige and besides work and my children & family I stayed home.  He was a friend first and gained my trust and my love for 4 years.  It was something that I needed at that time in my life.  He came to me - I did not go after him.  When you believe in someone you do some very strange things.  I am a great mother, a good daughter, sister, friend and employee of the same comany for almost 25 years.  I support my children alone in every aspect of their lives.  Do not judge all women or men that fall into the trap of loving someone they should not.  I am sad that my friends marriage was bad and encouraged him for many years to get help but there is only so much one can do.  I am most sorry for his wife that she would even consider staying in the marriage with 3 older daughters and setting such an example.  Why would anyone want to be with someone that does not want to be with them and them alone.  I believe that marriage is build on trust, respect and honesty none of which this couple have.  Maybe he is better with his lover, I am sure she (the wife) is better off without him.  Something had to be missing from his marriage in the first place to look elsewhere for fulfillment.  Maybe they connect in a way his wife and him no longer can. 

February 26, 2006, 2:47 pm CST

02/27 Twisted Love: The Aftermath

Quote From: glasbeadr

weeks ago, I was stunned and amazed at the lengths he would go to attempt to validate his affairand his attempts to make his affair appear "ok" morally and acceptable to even God. 

Unfortuately for his purposes but fortunately for the rest of the world, he was told the truth that 2 life partners is purly and simply WRONG. 

If indeed they are one of Dr. Phils families for 2006, they can only benefit and catch the truth. My hope and prayer is that they will grasp it and hold on for the rest of their lives. 

Honestly, I really could care less about the "God" stuff. 

In my opinion the only reason there was anything WRONG with the situation was because the wife didn't want to go along with it.  I mean the guy is MARRIED to her and he should at least respect her wishes.  I mean if I were her he would have gotten a swift kick in the groin for even THINKING about going there, but that's because _I_ don't lke to share.  Some people do, and there's nothing MORALLY wrong with that when everyone involved is okay with it. 

I don't see why everytime something comes up that offends someone's moral code they have to go and bring GOD into it.  It's like people need to mention a divine power so that their opinion feels like it's right, to add more weight to it.   I don't see why people can't just say  what they believe and why, with a concrete reason.  How does saying "God says this" or "God says that" make anyone have to THINK for themselves about why they believe something? Ugh....it just irritates me. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last