Message Boards

Topic : 03/02 Our Biggest Battle

Number of Replies: 316
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 24, 2006, 11:28:37 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Merging two lives is never easy, but what do you do when you constantly fight the same battle? Darcy says she's tired of fighting with her military husband, Jeff, about disciplining her kids from her first marriage. She wants his drill sergeant inspections and interrogations to stop, or she's ready to call it quits. Jeff says she needs to tighten up and follow through with consequences. Whose job is it to discipline the kids? Then, they're $80,000 in debt, but nothing is going to stop Angela from pursuing her dream of becoming a country music star. She and her husband, Keith, have moved 13 times in the last two years, and have amassed $80,000 in debt -- a constant source of arguments. What advice does Dr. Phil have for this singer and her spouse? And, Nicole says her husband, Jeremy, is so obsessed with playing video games that he is neglecting his family. Will Jeremy see the negative effect his gaming is having on their marriage? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 21, 2006, 9:00 am CST

HE IS NO ABUSER, COME ON HERE!!

Quote From: groovy

He doesn't keep his cool at home.  He ABUSES children at home--verbally, emotionally, & in the case of the boy, physically.  Lots of abusers keep their cool in public.  Don't be fooled.
Oh come on!  He has absolutely no traits of an abuser, just because he wants the 2 teenagers to follow the rules makes him an abuser?  What are you a family member of Darcy just trying to validate this hilarious display on TV!!!!  If you all only knew the real story..........

March 21, 2006, 12:15 pm CST

Traits of an Abuser?

Quote From: msmuffet

Oh come on!  He has absolutely no traits of an abuser, just because he wants the 2 teenagers to follow the rules makes him an abuser?  What are you a family member of Darcy just trying to validate this hilarious display on TV!!!!  If you all only knew the real story..........

Like what traits should they have?  A horn in the center of their forehead?  Or a tattoo there exclaiming "I'm an abuser"? 

I could take you into homes of my friends, that their father's, unclesm mother's etc. were the abusers and I can bet you any amount in the world that you would NOT be able to pick out the abusers from the non-abusers. 

Emotional abuse is no different than physical..............I should know, i survived both types.  Neither one of my ex's looks the part of an abuser either.  Even I'm perplexed at it when I look at them, and I lived the life of a victim with the two of them. 

Don't pigeon hole people, abusers or not.  You'll be more than likely wrong than right in each case. 

March 22, 2006, 3:34 pm CST

ABUSER!!

Quote From: march1971

Like what traits should they have?  A horn in the center of their forehead?  Or a tattoo there exclaiming "I'm an abuser"? 

I could take you into homes of my friends, that their father's, unclesm mother's etc. were the abusers and I can bet you any amount in the world that you would NOT be able to pick out the abusers from the non-abusers. 

Emotional abuse is no different than physical..............I should know, i survived both types.  Neither one of my ex's looks the part of an abuser either.  Even I'm perplexed at it when I look at them, and I lived the life of a victim with the two of them. 

Don't pigeon hole people, abusers or not.  You'll be more than likely wrong than right in each case. 

Wow you sure know alot of abusers.  Maybe you should be more careful of the friends and partners you pick in the future.  I have a big circle of family and fRIends and don't know a single physical or emotional abuser in this group.  Anyway this isn't even about abuse no one here was abused just asked to be respectful and follow the rules, WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING ACCOUNTABLE AND NOT THROWING SOME POOR EXCUSE INTO THE MIX.  BE RESPONSIBLE, BE RESPECTFUL AND YOU WILL GO SO MUCH FURTHER IN LIFE PERIOD........... 

March 30, 2006, 10:10 am CST

An important issue that need debate

Dear Dr. Phil, 

I found something new and probably worthy of one of your TV shows. I found this website to be fascinating. 

www.husbandonstrike.com 

Here is one man that is standing up for all us men who are under appreciated, taken for granted, a just plainly feel push out and who are fed up with our wives. I am speaking  of  those wives, who are not willing to work with us .  

I think he has touch a lot of American men and woman's feelings at least 8800 people have signed and commented on his petition.  

This media outlet could bring to the national public: how male rights need to be re-affirmed in society and our homes. Why are men, who are the breadwinners of America, not entitled to a space of relaxation, quit, and intimacy in his our own home with their wife. 

I hope either you or your staff  will read this.  I think this issue tackles fundamental family values in America. I hope you will BE A MAN and see the truth, value in his efforts. 

Thank you for reading, 

Be Well 

Tom 

March 31, 2006, 3:47 pm CST

03/02 Our Biggest Battle

Quote From: ftsr122

Dear Dr. Phil, 

I found something new and probably worthy of one of your TV shows. I found this website to be fascinating. 

www.husbandonstrike.com 

Here is one man that is standing up for all us men who are under appreciated, taken for granted, a just plainly feel push out and who are fed up with our wives. I am speaking  of  those wives, who are not willing to work with us .  

I think he has touch a lot of American men and woman's feelings at least 8800 people have signed and commented on his petition.  

This media outlet could bring to the national public: how male rights need to be re-affirmed in society and our homes. Why are men, who are the breadwinners of America, not entitled to a space of relaxation, quit, and intimacy in his our own home with their wife. 

I hope either you or your staff  will read this.  I think this issue tackles fundamental family values in America. I hope you will BE A MAN and see the truth, value in his efforts. 

Thank you for reading, 

Be Well 

Tom 

One question...what do you mean by: "and intimacy in his our own home with their wife. "

I'm very interested in what you mean by this...

April 13, 2006, 5:57 pm CDT

How I won the "gaming battle".....

Quote From: godcomplex

You know, I saw the show and the one-sided response given to the Gaming issue.  I've read the responses to it on this board... again, one-sided. 

Let me ask all of you "gaming widows" out there something... 

When you met your spouose was he or she a gamer?  Was this what they did with their life, day in, day out before you were part of this life?  Did you say yes to marrying him or her knowing this info?  And, after those vows, did you expect them to just stop doing that particular something they enjoy and obviously wanted as part of their life, just because you saw yourself as more important or a replacement for that time? 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that gaming is more important than a spouse... that's just moronic. 

But isn't it just as stupid when people get together these days... see the bad habits or tendencies of their future counterparts... and then expect them all to change after the vows? 

Marry the person for who they are, what they are, and what they will be... not for who you want them to be, what you want them to be, and what you can shape them into, or hope they will become. 

It's not that difficult to figure out, before the altar. 

I won the battle, but becoming just as good at gaming as he is.  I've always played games just not to the same extent as him.  And with my likes, he tries also.  We were able to compromise, come together and there are games that I enjoy kicking his butt in now, and one game in particular that I beat him at is when in which he has years more practice than me.  lol.

I think because I was willing to learn to game at his level, and his willingness to do things I like that I know he doesn't, brought up closer together, of course relationships are about compromise without losing oneself.  And I find when we play, we are bonding and it's something I wouldn't ask him to change for anything in the world.  It's part of who he is, and in reality, I'd rather look over watching him cuss at the games characters, than him being out at the bars, etc.

But this is just my way I won the battle of the sexes in regards to his non-stop gaming.  Doesn't work for everyone, I know that.  It worked for us.  I'm thankful that he allowed me into his gaming world, and I'm just as thankful that he asked me to allow him into mine. 

First | Prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | Next Page | Last Page