Message Boards

Topic : 03/09 Family Chaos

Number of Replies: 439
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 03, 2006, 12:50:53 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Imagine spending $25,000 in one weekend while you’re $80,000 in debt. That’s what Michael’s shopaholic wife, Bridgette, did and her excessive spending is ruining their marriage and family. Dr. Phil discovered that her behavior was just a symptom of a much larger problem. When the couple last appeared on the show, Bridgette revealed a painful secret and the conflict got pretty heated. Dr. Phil sent them home with a camera to record their candid thoughts, but their behavior might surprise you. Then, find out why Bridgette’s children called her a liar, and what sent Michael and Bridgette out of the house in the middle of the night. Can this family in crisis move past the pain and rebuild their lives? Share your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 21, 2006, 4:41 am CST

03/09 Family Chaos

I understand that they are extremely in debt - but she is still spending a ton of money!!  If you are that upset about it, stop shopping!!  To have thousands of dollars of clothes for your DOG??  Don't get me wrong - I know how easy it is to get into debt and how hard it is to get out.  (It's like gaining weight and then trying to lose it).  My husband and I were in debt a few years back - I got a part-time job and stopped spending money on things I didn't need until we got out of debt .  Maybe Michael would be easier to live with if she would stop all of this spending and they could figure out a way to deal with the money issues without him having to work constantly.  But that's just my opinion on the money thing.   

As far as Bridgette not being happy - I don't think she wants to be.  That might sound stupid to some people, but I know people like her.  Always "woe is me" and "my life sucks, feel bad for me".  There are certainly things she could do to help herself, but she's not willing to do them. 

March 22, 2006, 7:15 am CST

Compassion

It would be so foolish of me to even say I know what all of you have written.  It was just a few posts I read that made me write.  Some of you wrote w/ such insensitivity of being sick and tired of this couple.   All I have ever gotten out of this show is a way to make our lives better.  Maybe those of you who have no issues have no compassion but quite frankly this couple has helped my husband and I to the point that we have gotten therapy.  We have lives quite similar to the couple and our issues are deep.  If you have no sense of compassion for a couple who is willing to share their lives w/ some of us who have the same issues, I feel so badly for you.  We and they have serious issues and acknowledge that and some of the posts are only concerned w/ the money aspect of it.  Let me tell you, life and happiness have nothing and I mean NOTHING to do w/ money.  If a Dr. is willing to publicly speak about his life and his career being the profile it is, who is anyone to say anything about them?  Personally we applaud this couple and family.   My husband and I could be that couple and we certainly wouldn't be able to get in front of the world to say anything.  I support what this couple is doing to the point that they get nothing but respect from my husband and I.  If I've said anything, I make myself clear by saying if there were more compassion in this world people would and may be more open to discussing issues.  I wish you all peace and happiness.  Unfortunately we arn't all so fortunate.

March 22, 2006, 6:15 pm CST

want more children, but spouse doesn't?

April 6, 2006, 5:54 am CDT

hmm

Quote From: pomlover22

Dr. Phil: 

I would love to be able to be on that stage and give Brigette a great big shake.  How dare she think that anyone could feel sorry for her!!!!  Does she not realize how lucky she is.  That poor man works his butt off, and personally I think she is slowly bringing that man downnnnnnnnn.   

I've noticed that at least since the last taping, that he's trying.  Brigette on the other hand hasn't done a darn thing. 

This marriage is doomed and she better hope that no other woman comes around giving him the attention and love that he deserves, cause she's going to lose him.  He looks fed up and I feel the end of this marriage is coming near. 

BRIGETTE  WAKE UP!!!!!!!!   

Obviously Briggettte has some mental issues.And I think the show said he had an affair along time ago.Are u a man?I think by your username u are.Not sure though.If she's cutting things and self destructive maybe he should slow down and help his wife out.Working's great.But being a dr. I would think he would take control and show some love and stop this.Maybe take a couple of weeks off and be more family involved.Im not defending her but maybe his 1st affair brought on alot of these mental issues.

June 7, 2006, 2:54 pm CDT

Get over yourself Bridgitte

Quote From: ejane33

I agree with you regarding Michael.  I  can not understand how this family can continue to live so dysfunctional.  Bridgette does not seem to be getting better.  Pretty sad that  they have so much and their are people in America who have nothing.   How and when did this family get like this?  Seems odd that no one in their families did not notice the behavior of all the family members. 

It is all about Bridgitte, Bridgitte, Bridgitte!  She doesn't want help, she just sounds like someone who wants attention so badly, she doesn't really care about anyone else but herself.  Her children have major issues, and all she seems to do is yawn at them and direct attention back to themselves.  She cries out  "I'm so depressed" while standing in the middle of her luxurious living room doing absolutely NOTHING.   

Most mothers of teens are so wrapped up in keeping their kids busy, in-line and out of trouble, that they scarcely have time to take care of themselves, much less spend money they don't have on themselves.  But not so Bridgitte....how can she possibly handle her kids and their problems when she is so focussed on ME, ME, ME!  People like Bridgitte don't deserve all the attention they get. 

And to think they were so furious to be taken out of bed in the middle of the time for a crisis involving one of their kids.  Why on earth did they even bring kids into their lives!   

July 14, 2006, 9:15 am CDT

love to see an update

I would love to see an update on this family.  the last show it didn't seem they were making any progress.  I would love to see some positive forward steps(if that is possible) for this self involved family.  It definately seems Bridgette is not dealing with issues from growing up and just shuts down and her husband just leaves to not deal.  Not a good combination because then noone deals with the kids who are now too grown to be dealt with. 

August 16, 2006, 2:31 pm CDT

Where are they from?

Does anyone know where this family is from? I'm pretty sure I saw one of the daughters in downtown Houston recently, I'm 90% sure, but does anyone know where they live? They sound like they COULD be from South Texas...

December 6, 2006, 8:31 pm CST

03/09 Family Chaos

Quote From: malarcky29

I would love to see an update on this family.  the last show it didn't seem they were making any progress.  I would love to see some positive forward steps(if that is possible) for this self involved family.  It definately seems Bridgette is not dealing with issues from growing up and just shuts down and her husband just leaves to not deal.  Not a good combination because then noone deals with the kids who are now too grown to be dealt with. 

this is david and were doing fine now

January 1, 2007, 6:37 pm CST

03/09 Family Chaos

Quote From: nummers

It is all about Bridgitte, Bridgitte, Bridgitte!  She doesn't want help, she just sounds like someone who wants attention so badly, she doesn't really care about anyone else but herself.  Her children have major issues, and all she seems to do is yawn at them and direct attention back to themselves.  She cries out  "I'm so depressed" while standing in the middle of her luxurious living room doing absolutely NOTHING.   

Most mothers of teens are so wrapped up in keeping their kids busy, in-line and out of trouble, that they scarcely have time to take care of themselves, much less spend money they don't have on themselves.  But not so Bridgitte....how can she possibly handle her kids and their problems when she is so focussed on ME, ME, ME!  People like Bridgitte don't deserve all the attention they get. 

And to think they were so furious to be taken out of bed in the middle of the time for a crisis involving one of their kids.  Why on earth did they even bring kids into their lives!   

OK THATS WHY ME AND MY FAMILY ARE DOING GREAT NOW

First | Prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | Next Page | Last Page