Message Boards

Topic : 03/10 Follow-ups

Number of Replies: 137
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 03, 2006, 12:56:23 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

It's that time again! Dr. Phil checks in with past guests to see who has changed, and who's back for more! Marlon and Shamika are newlyweds who say their marriage has been on the rocks since the day they said "I do." They return for round three with Dr. Phil! After their last appearance, Marlon says Shamika was in such a rage, he feared she was going to pull a knife on him. They filed for divorce, but Shamika regrets it. Dr. Phil puts them through his divorce readiness test. Is Marlon ready to call it quits, or is he still in love with his wife? Then, remember the mom who wouldn’t let her daughter play with unattractive children? Has she changed her thinking? And, Jackie called herself a "monster mom" because she yelled at her overweight daughter, and called her ugly names like, "fat bitch" and "rotten witch," among others. Big changes are happening with this mother and daughter. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 14, 2006, 9:56 am CST

Hi Susanpear!

Quote From: susanpear

I really got a kick out of your message!  Just wanted to share that my daughter finally got a boyfriend back in 2004.  She had waited a long time for someone she was interested in to feel mutual.  He was a very good-looking Russian boy.  (Even had my hormones jumping over the top.)  He was tall and very personable - unless he didn't get his way.  Then he turned the coldness on people - including my daughter.  After only a few months, my daughter decided to break it off.  Some differences - like him being an Atheist and she being a Christian were viewed as an opportunity.  But when she discovered he smoked and had a wild unpredictable side, that was that.  I am proud of her bravery to break that off .  She definately knows that looks are not everything!  Your friend, Susanpear 

Thanks for sharing your story.  I'm sure there are nice, kind extremely goodlooking people out there.  But my experience with people on the right-hand standard deviation of physical attractiveness found them to be cold-hearted people users who got by on their looks all their life, and never bothered to develop qualities like integrity, or kindness (except when they want something from you).

March 15, 2006, 12:15 pm CST

I agree

Quote From: talitha63

On Marlon and Shamika's second vist when she could not think of anything positive to say about Marlon after he had worked so hard to make her happy, I wondered what was the real problem.  

It did not seem that a reasonable person could still be so unhappy with Marlon. 

I don't know that I would have the ability to continue placing my feelings, emotions, and ego out there for someone to find me not measuring up to thier standards again and again. 

I was sad for Marlon at first, then I was sad for them both.  

Shamika is so negative, she cannot seem to see positives, I think that something else must be keeping her from being happy and instead of dealing with that, she is blaming him. It might be healthier if Marlon moves on, someone so negative would tend to poison those around them at some point. 

I totally agree with you I don't think it's healthy for either of them to remain in this situation 1 for Marlon because he is going to end up getting down on himself and doesn't understand that the problem isn't with him it's something with Shamika most women would kill for a man like Marlon and Shamika just can't seem to see that and it's sad because when they split up she will look back on it and wish that she had him back because she won't ever find a man as good as he has been to her... I hope that Dr. Phil can help them so she can finally be happy....  Goodluck and God bless them<333333333

March 15, 2006, 8:16 pm CST

Hi, I'm New

Hey Anybody Out There! 

I have joined the discussion, but no one has joined me (except one person).  What gives?  My username is Susanpear.  Was hoping to get feedback on my feedback.  If nothing happens soon, I can always abandon using this site.  Is it still worth my time? 

March 15, 2006, 9:52 pm CST

03/10 Follow-ups

Quote From: susanpear

Hey Anybody Out There! 

I have joined the discussion, but no one has joined me (except one person).  What gives?  My username is Susanpear.  Was hoping to get feedback on my feedback.  If nothing happens soon, I can always abandon using this site.  Is it still worth my time? 

I saw u really needed to talk to someone.  This site is a lot less busy this time at nite, but I'm here in between my mommy duties for the next couple of hours or so.  

I went back and read one of your posts better explaining your situation, so I will start there(?)  

You have a lot of resentments, not just against him but against yourself for letting it get this far.  Your desperation suggests to me you have hit rock bottom now and this unhappiness u have lived for so long is going to kill your spirit if u don't get out, spirit and hope.  

How close am I - talk to me.  I'm gonna look for u on the Divorce forum, ok?  

By the way, my name is Wendy - nice to meet u  

March 16, 2006, 10:30 am CST

Thank YOU

Quote From: iggifat

I saw u really needed to talk to someone.  This site is a lot less busy this time at nite, but I'm here in between my mommy duties for the next couple of hours or so.  

I went back and read one of your posts better explaining your situation, so I will start there(?)  

You have a lot of resentments, not just against him but against yourself for letting it get this far.  Your desperation suggests to me you have hit rock bottom now and this unhappiness u have lived for so long is going to kill your spirit if u don't get out, spirit and hope.  

How close am I - talk to me.  I'm gonna look for u on the Divorce forum, ok?  

By the way, my name is Wendy - nice to meet u  

Dear Wendy, 

O thank you for responding!  You are right.  My spirit did die and depression had its hold on me.  After just finishing breast-cancer treatment, I have a new lease on my life. I met new friends who prayed for me and a few who visited me regularly.  After implant surgery a few weeks ago, my self-worth and desire to go forward returned after many years of depression.   I told my husband (after another disappointing skirmish) that I have the goal of working towards getting out.  Mine  is a VERY long story, but to Fast-Fwd  I have my self-worth back and confidence to look for a job.  Unfortunately, I was so depressed that it was very destructive for the family.  I am working on breaking the habit of sleeping my days away after 7 years of this funk.  Yes you are right on the button.  I thought this would kill me as well.  I still will have setbacks since destructive behaviors went on for years.  Thank you for letting me know you care.  I will look forward to hearing from you - esp. on divorce ideas.  The scariest part is leaving with no money or job.  Many people do leave regardless of circumstances, but my health could not take it if everything just blew up and became much worse.  To give up my home - and a handy-man.  I am totally dependent on his knowledge and computer experience.  One of the things that I hate about our relationship, is that he can put down my way of doing things or he just grabs it out of my hand and takes over.  So I have not been in the habit of learning things on my own.  I did have my own apartment before marriage for four years.  I was working at a nice full-time job.  I used to be self-sufficient.  Yeah I resent giving all that up.  The reason I stopped working was because of kids.  School schedules have changed to the point that I cannot stay committed to a job and take time off for kids illnesses or no school days.  All family has remained out of state.  Lots of issues with daycare incidents hitting the news, etc.  OK thanks for listening, Wendy.  This will make my day go very pleasantly!  Sincerely, Susan 

March 17, 2006, 5:46 am CST

make your own decision

I lOVE Dr. Phil and think he has so much good advice however sometimes I think he tries to push people into staying married.  I think sometimes people just need to get divorced otherwise they will live unhappily.  We all make mistakes!  I think he pushed Marlon too much and did not let Marlon decide himself.  I think if a marriage needs this much work then it will not work in the long run!  but who knows... 

March 17, 2006, 5:48 am CST

one more thing...

I think Marlon is adorable and could have many women.  Shamika-you are adorable, but please don't mess this up because you got a GREAT guy who many women would want.  I know he has his faults, but he is adorable and just wants to make you happy!

March 17, 2006, 1:34 pm CST

FOR IGGIFAT

Hi from Susanpear, again.  Saw that you are trying to look for me. I have posted a message to you titled "Thank You".  Search for my username: Susanpear.  See if it shows up there, it is a long enough message.  Hope you find it, and I appreciate your efforts to contact me!  Let me know if you find my message.  Thanks, Susanpear 

March 17, 2006, 5:55 pm CST

03/10 Follow-ups

Dr. Phil, 

I would like to know what happened with Chris and Stacy.  

March 20, 2006, 2:06 pm CST

Dr. Phil, what arrrreeeeeeeee you thinking?

Dr. Phil, what arrrrrrrreeeeeeee you thinking? If there is ever a time to give it up, it is with Marlon and Shamika. Shamika's issues go much deeper than just a wall to protect her from hurt. She is the kind of person who will NEVER be pleased and anybody who tries to keep her content is only in for a lot of hurt and disappointment.  

When Marlon makes her the two-egg breakfast, he will probably scramble the wrong egg! Send back the divorce papers and hopefully she will sign them so Marlon can be free to be happy again. The sad part is that there are children involved and he will never really be free from the wrath of Shamika :( 

First | Prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last