Message Boards

Topic : 03/10 Follow-ups

Number of Replies: 137
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 03, 2006, 12:56:23 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

It's that time again! Dr. Phil checks in with past guests to see who has changed, and who's back for more! Marlon and Shamika are newlyweds who say their marriage has been on the rocks since the day they said "I do." They return for round three with Dr. Phil! After their last appearance, Marlon says Shamika was in such a rage, he feared she was going to pull a knife on him. They filed for divorce, but Shamika regrets it. Dr. Phil puts them through his divorce readiness test. Is Marlon ready to call it quits, or is he still in love with his wife? Then, remember the mom who wouldn’t let her daughter play with unattractive children? Has she changed her thinking? And, Jackie called herself a "monster mom" because she yelled at her overweight daughter, and called her ugly names like, "fat bitch" and "rotten witch," among others. Big changes are happening with this mother and daughter. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 10, 2006, 9:45 am CST

Good Luck

Hi Dr. Phil 

I want to wish Shamika and Marlon good luck on their journey in staying a couple.  I work morning hours so my co workers and I  listen to you everyday at work on our radios. But everytime you have had this couple on I have been lucky enough to be home and actually watch the episode.  I see some similarities of my marital relationship in Shamika and Marlon although not to that extreme and I have learned alot from your involvement with them.  I hope that you will be able to pull them out of this and I look forward to the show that updates us on a successful marital rebirth. 

D. 

March 10, 2006, 11:26 am CST

What about a followup on Natalee

What about more on whats happening here and an aswer to this tape issue 

I have always followed your show & found you to be very credible. But the fact you will not make a statement regarding the tapes that were broadcast on your show where Deepak Kapole really makes me wonder why you won't answer the accusions I am surprised you have not. 

March 10, 2006, 12:09 pm CST

Someone who understands

Quote From: mistyc

I don't think Shamika is grieving the loss of Marlon so much as she is grieving the loss of a comfy life style.   She couldn't honestly think that Marlon was going to put up with her BS indefinitely.  My husband and I have certainly had disagreements.  Last Saturday night we had all out war, but we never resort to name calling and pettiness.  I don't understand doing things that poison your marriage if you do indeed love your spouse. 

Marlon is very handsome successful  and not to mention a nice guy.  I hope he finds someone that will appreciate him. 

Because lets be honest there are women, even on this board, that would love to find a good man. 

True, it's not good to do things that we know will hurt our marriages, but then we're not all perfect. I am divorced and won't even pretend that I always made the right choices in my marriage. I felt sorry for Marlon from the very first time I saw him on the show, but on the last show my heart went out to Shamika.I know how it feels not to be able to express yourself and go through life hiding behind a wall. It's the only way she knows how to protect herself. Yes, Marlon does seem to be a good man, but I believe that Shamika is a good woman as well. Just scared. I hope they make it.

March 10, 2006, 12:29 pm CST

03/10 Follow-ups

Quote From: iowagirl

Dr Phil, what happen to your weight loss  challengers ? Have they kept of there weight?

I think that this couple can make it because If my husband and I can make it then this couple can make it.  My husband and I fight all of the time and sometimes I think there is no hope.  Then the next minute we are loving on each other like nothing has ever happened.  I believe that this couple really does love each other, they just have alot of disagreements like every couple...  I think they still need to give each other another chance, because they aren't ready for a divorce in my opinion. 

Kitty_Kat 

March 10, 2006, 12:36 pm CST

scared of what?

Quote From: letania

True, it's not good to do things that we know will hurt our marriages, but then we're not all perfect. I am divorced and won't even pretend that I always made the right choices in my marriage. I felt sorry for Marlon from the very first time I saw him on the show, but on the last show my heart went out to Shamika.I know how it feels not to be able to express yourself and go through life hiding behind a wall. It's the only way she knows how to protect herself. Yes, Marlon does seem to be a good man, but I believe that Shamika is a good woman as well. Just scared. I hope they make it.
I agree that shamika does'nt want this as bad as marlon. she could'nt look him in the eye's when Dr. Phil asked her to speak to him. i've been with my boyfriend 15ys, even when we have our up's and down's, i always look him in the eye's, the eye's are where the soul is. for some reason she could'nt. so, yes she may love him, but she does'nt want the marriage as much as he does. and that's to bad because they make a very lovely couple.

March 10, 2006, 12:36 pm CST

Clueless mother

How could someone possibly think that good looks equal success!!!??? 

Thank you DR PHIL for pointing out the insecurities of people in vanity based professions.  I work with superstar recording artists and learned early on that these are the most insecure people you will ever encounter. 

Also, what about the ugly duckling that grows into the swan?  How does that fit into her idiotic concepts... 

Wow.  So sad. 

March 10, 2006, 12:39 pm CST

Small children and TV

Im having a hard time finding infomation on small children and violence on TV.  My Niece doesnt think it's bad for her 4 yr. old to watch war movies with her.  I tell her but she has to read some hard facts on what it does to small children. Anyone know any web sites I can check out?

March 10, 2006, 12:41 pm CST

what happened to the dr phil family

dr phil, what happened to marty, erin, alex, katharine and alex's baby??? 

March 10, 2006, 12:53 pm CST

I hope they make it

Dr. Phil, When you explained the condition existing that says it is time to end a marriage, I remembered when I had tried all I could in my marriage and there was nothing left to do. I was very surprised when I told me husband that our marriage was over and he said, "What can I do?" I said and meant, "Nothing" as I moved out of his bedroom to the living room.I felt Shamika's pain. I'm her future. People do not confront me. I often stand up for others. Others often come to me for help and courage. Men don't step to me in social setting, but will rely on my skills in professional activities.When Marlon touched her face while she cried, I cried even hard. I know she needs his tenderness. Black women like Shamika are as tender as they are strong and most Black men fail to see that part of strong women.I will pray for them.Barbara

March 10, 2006, 12:54 pm CST

What happend to...?

Hello Dr. Phil, 

I was just wondering how your first Dr. Phil family was doing. You havent had any recent follow-up shows in a while on them. I paid close attention each week to that family and I'd like to know how things are going for them.  Thank you for your great show each and everyday! 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last