Message Boards

Topic : 03/10 Follow-ups

Number of Replies: 137
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 03, 2006, 12:56:23 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

It's that time again! Dr. Phil checks in with past guests to see who has changed, and who's back for more! Marlon and Shamika are newlyweds who say their marriage has been on the rocks since the day they said "I do." They return for round three with Dr. Phil! After their last appearance, Marlon says Shamika was in such a rage, he feared she was going to pull a knife on him. They filed for divorce, but Shamika regrets it. Dr. Phil puts them through his divorce readiness test. Is Marlon ready to call it quits, or is he still in love with his wife? Then, remember the mom who wouldn’t let her daughter play with unattractive children? Has she changed her thinking? And, Jackie called herself a "monster mom" because she yelled at her overweight daughter, and called her ugly names like, "fat bitch" and "rotten witch," among others. Big changes are happening with this mother and daughter. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 10, 2006, 12:58 pm CST

Thanks for following up with Marlon and Shamika

We really enjoyed your follow-up program with Marlon and Shamika. They are such an engaging couple and we are really pulling for them. Please continue to let us know how they are doing. Additionally, thanks for the continuing follow-up on the family you featured yesterday (the one where the husband is a doctor and the wife is a compulsive shopper). We know their family is very troubled, but it is very interesting to follow their continuing story and we wish them well. Last of all, how is the original Dr. Phil family doing? (Marty and Erin, Alex and Cat) We followed their story for the entire time you featured them. We really enjoy your show and are very faithful viewers.

March 10, 2006, 1:00 pm CST

Question about Relationship Mending

I'm wondering if it might be interesting for Dr. Phil to create small, simple, gold rings for those whose relationships (usually marriage) to wear on their right hands, as they will be a reminder.  Also, none of them can take them off without a conversation of Dr. Phil's staff. 

They can leave and say, "Yeah, I'll do that, but there's no impetus when they walk out of the door to remind them of what they are supposed to do (or not do), regardless of it's mother|children, husband|wife, etc. 

March 10, 2006, 1:15 pm CST

Marlon and Shamika

I am hopeful for Marlon and Shamika.  My husband and I married on the 4th date and we have been married for 10 years now.  We have a boy and and a girl.  We are very blessed and I truly am hopeful that they will work it out and give it their best shot.

March 10, 2006, 1:15 pm CST

To Shamika and Marlon

I just want to say that I am really cheering for Marlon and Shamika! I truly hope they work through the hard time. I truly believe they will be blessed for all the hard work they have put into it all and in the long run will be glad they did. To Marlon and Shamika if you read this....hang in there and always remember why you fell in love in the first place. I hope you guys make it work!
Mandy

March 10, 2006, 1:16 pm CST

What became of

the lady whose kids were taken by her ex-husband? I am vague on the details. I remember there was another woman involved (who  was the best friend of the former husband). ANYBODY??? Do you know the one I mean??? I wish they would do an update on that situation.

March 10, 2006, 1:18 pm CST

good looks equal success

Quote From: meechiko

How could someone possibly think that good looks equal success!!!??? 

Thank you DR PHIL for pointing out the insecurities of people in vanity based professions.  I work with superstar recording artists and learned early on that these are the most insecure people you will ever encounter. 

Also, what about the ugly duckling that grows into the swan?  How does that fit into her idiotic concepts... 

Wow.  So sad. 

I feel so sorry for the little girl.She will be one of those kids who will have an eating disorder or something worse.If she doesn't fit in with her mother idea of good looking.Cause some cute kids are not so cute when they are teenagers;and homely kids turn out goodlooking teenagers.The mother needs to learn its whats inside that counts and the way you treat people. 

darellen 

March 10, 2006, 1:22 pm CST

SKATING ON THIN ICE

I 'M DEEPLY SORRY FOR THE RELATIONSHIP THAT SHAMIKA AND MARLON HAVE AND THA TIT CAME TO THE POINT THAT MARLON  HAD FILED FOR A DIVORCE. I HOPE AFTER TODAY WITH SPEAKING TO DR PHIL THAT THEY WILL BE ABLE TO REVIVE NOT ONLY FOR SAKE OF THEIR CHILD BUT THEMSELVES. I HOPE SHAMIKA REALIZES TRUTHFULLY WHAT SHE HAS PUT BOTH HER AND MARLON THROUGH AND NEEDS TO BE SATISFIED WITH WHAT SHE HAS BECAUSE THERE AREN'T MANY MEN OUT THERE LIKE MARLON. SHE WOULD BE UNHAPPY IF SOMEONE HAD HIM AND WAS ABLE TO GIVE HIM THE TREATMENT THAT SHE COULD'VE GIVEN.

March 10, 2006, 1:40 pm CST

Only likes pretty people

Quote From: darellen

I feel so sorry for the little girl.She will be one of those kids who will have an eating disorder or something worse.If she doesn't fit in with her mother idea of good looking.Cause some cute kids are not so cute when they are teenagers;and homely kids turn out goodlooking teenagers.The mother needs to learn its whats inside that counts and the way you treat people. 

darellen 

I work in a hospital Emergency Department, and I have to say, if the people I work with thought this way, the world wouldnt be a nice place at all. To us there is no difference between a poor "less attractive" person, then there is to somebody's georgous young daughter. Imagine if there was? This mom should come to work with me one night, you would start thinking differently. In the least, go out today, to the mall, park, grocery store, or just volunteer at a nursing home for a day. You will find that people have a story, are very interesting and to talk to and befriend no matter what they look like.

March 10, 2006, 1:46 pm CST

Grow up!!

I am upset at the mother who wouldn't let her child play with "ugly" kids!! How ridiculous and stupid to think that "beautiful" people are better and have an easier life. I am sorry that you bought into the media's perception of beauty and that beauty equals success. I think Dr. Phil said it but how low is your self esteem that you have to stand next to the beautiful people...beside how backwards have you got it...if you arent feeling good enough then you need to be hanging around the "ugly" people so you look the best out of the group....
And you're old enough to know that the preception people give of themselves is often not the truth of what their life is really like. And if these "beautiful" people are telling you life is great and they have no problems because they are beautiful and you believed them then you are truly niave!
I'll leave you with an old saying...Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And if your daughter wants to hang out with the "ugly" kids then let her because obviously she sees the beauty in them and is drawn to them. If you cant let your kids exercise making choices and learning from their choices (when it is not harmful to them or any one else) then when will you ever let her? The only thing she is learning is that looks are the ONLY thing that matters, which will led to eating disorders and not caring about school or anything else as long as she's "got the looks". How sad is that?
I hope you read this and hope you start thinking like a reasonable adult! You asked dr. Phil how you stop thinking about people in that way....the answer is START thinking like an intelligant person who knows better than to believe that garabage! If you continue to tell yourself that there's a difference in the way people look and how their life turns out then you will believe it more and more every time you say it...so stop saying it and start replacing it with everyone has problems and I want my daughter to be healthy and I want to feel good about myself and I am worthy of that because....(fill in the blank). I know that you have met enough people in life and watched enough t.v. and read enough tabloids to honestly know that being beautiful has NOTHING to do with the problems some one does or doesn't have. Stop kidding yourself and grow up!

March 10, 2006, 1:53 pm CST

WE NOT I/MARRIAGE

2006...AT THIS TIME ARE PEOPLE STILL NOT SURE WHAT MARRIAGE IS....HE MAKES ALL THE DECISIONS LIKE SHE DOES NOT EXIST...HE GIVETH AND TAKETH....LISTEN TO HIM..I BOUGHT HER A CAR...I GAVE HER A VAN...IT IS MY COMPUTER.....IS HE GOD OR JUST ACTING STUPID...I UNDERSTAND HER FEAR OF BEING AN OPEN BOOK....ALAS !!!!THIS IS THE PLIGHT OF ALL WOMEN ...LOOK AT THE WAY SOCIETY AND MEAN HAVE BEEN TREATING US...PHYSICIAL ABUSE IF WE DON'T GIVEN THEM ALL THE SEX THEY WANT.....WE WANT LOVE AND AFFECTION....THEY WANT SEX...IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO..... 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last