Message Boards

Topic : 03/10 Follow-ups

Number of Replies: 137
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 03, 2006, 12:56:23 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

It's that time again! Dr. Phil checks in with past guests to see who has changed, and who's back for more! Marlon and Shamika are newlyweds who say their marriage has been on the rocks since the day they said "I do." They return for round three with Dr. Phil! After their last appearance, Marlon says Shamika was in such a rage, he feared she was going to pull a knife on him. They filed for divorce, but Shamika regrets it. Dr. Phil puts them through his divorce readiness test. Is Marlon ready to call it quits, or is he still in love with his wife? Then, remember the mom who wouldn’t let her daughter play with unattractive children? Has she changed her thinking? And, Jackie called herself a "monster mom" because she yelled at her overweight daughter, and called her ugly names like, "fat bitch" and "rotten witch," among others. Big changes are happening with this mother and daughter. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 10, 2006, 2:03 pm CST

divorce readiness test

I'm curious when this test just doesn't apply?  I'm in the middle of a divorce, I fail it miserably, but does that really mean I should stay married?

March 10, 2006, 2:03 pm CST

A fabulous teenage inspiration you are

I feel sorry for Jackie's daughter. Sorry for the abuse she has suffered from her own mother. That poor girl must have felt horrible, I can only imagine how much damage it would have done to my head. Yikes!  She will never forget hearing those words from her mom.  It's sad. But I do believe there is hope in their relationship now. And I do hope they can make the most of all the help being offered by Dr. Phil.  They are very lucky! How many of us  wish we could have that kind of help?  Someone is looking out for them!  

A Personal Note to Jackie's daughter....Congratulations to you! I hope you are very proud of yourself.  I'm way proud of ya!  Many of us know  that it's not EASY to change your lifestyle, as  you have, in order to achieve the results that you have!! And I'm so happy for you. Way to go! I think you are such an inspiration to so many other young girls and women, and some maybe not so young! :)  

You look amazing, and I hope you feel as great on the inside, as you look on the outside! So much more confident, happier & healthier! Your hard work is obvious!  Bravo!! 

I'm also glad that you are receiving  so many great life lessons out of all this. Lessons that will last you a lifetime, I'm sure. Keep up the great work!    

I look forward to your next follow-up.  

Keep up the good work & Best of Luck to you in the future! 

Your fan,  

Bella523 

P.S. I apologize for not remembering your first name! 

March 10, 2006, 2:04 pm CST

Everyone Is Beautiful

Every single prson in this world is beautiful, no matter what. You are so beautiful and don't ever let anybody, make you think differently. God Bless you all!

March 10, 2006, 2:11 pm CST

03/10 Follow-ups

Quote From: nasale

the lady whose kids were taken by her ex-husband? I am vague on the details. I remember there was another woman involved (who  was the best friend of the former husband). ANYBODY??? Do you know the one I mean??? I wish they would do an update on that situation.

Wasnt that the one where the girlfriend(best friend?)took the lie detector test and the husband was in jail refusing to offer any info?  I remember the girl/best friends son came on board and was posting about his mom not having any other info even though she failed part of the lie detector test.   

Im thinking if there was good news about the children then they would have done an update.   :( 

March 10, 2006, 2:32 pm CST

Follow-up show request

Although this was from a show that originally aired on Oprah before Dr. Phil launched his own show, I would like to see a follow-up to Dr. Phil's "Mother/Daughter Betrayals" segment on 1/21/00, specifically Lucy and Pam's story.  Lucy was the mother who chose to stay with her husband, the stepfather who'd been molesting her daughter, Pam, and another daughter, over the course of eight years.  Lucy had written to Dr. Phil because she couldn't understand why Pam couldn't understand that she'd had no other choice but to stay with the stepfather (Lucy's explanation) and therefore forgive Lucy.   

Watching the show then, I was struck by how earnest Lucy was about wanting to understand why Pam had such a terrible time not being able to forgive her, but was completely clueless as to her own responsibility for Pam's struggle.  It seemed to me that Lucy was looking for absolution, not forgiveness.  I often wonder if Lucy ever finally "got it", and if that helped Pam get to the point where she was able to forgive Lucy and begin to get on with what she needs for her own healing journey.  You cannot forgive a moving target who's trying desperately to evade the responsibility for her own choices, no matter how much Pam might have needed to be able to forgive her for Pam's own well-being.  Even if Lucy was never up to the task of self-accountability, was Pam able to forgive her for her own sake and move on? 

What's the status of their relationship now, six years later? 

March 10, 2006, 2:39 pm CST

Maliki??

I'd like to know what ever happened to Maliki.  The boy that raped his sister!!  I'm a little curious with that. 

Have a good weekend. 

KUJayhawks 

March 10, 2006, 2:45 pm CST

Studies show...blah, blah, blah

Quote From: karinsync5

Every single prson in this world is beautiful, no matter what. You are so beautiful and don't ever let anybody, make you think differently. God Bless you all!
Yes, there have been studies that show that attractive people are more likely to get hired for a job and we all know that some people in this world do judge you by your looks...BUT, the truth is that it is far more about how you feel about yourself than your actual appearance and how you connect with others. I have been thin and I have been overweight and I have been young and pretty and young and awkward and older and average...finally I realized it is not about being beautiful but about being able to connect with people. Anyone who tells her child that pretty=success in words or body language are setting that child up for a hard time in life. I have been successful in my life and I am still going. Not being perfect has never held me back. Not in my career nor in social or romantic situations! I have it all even though average in looks! Viva la average!

March 10, 2006, 2:51 pm CST

Marlon

IF SHE DOESN'T WANT HIM I WILL TAKE HIM.  SHE DOESN'T DESERVE HIM. 

March 10, 2006, 2:51 pm CST

03/10 Follow-ups

Quote From: darellen

I feel so sorry for the little girl.She will be one of those kids who will have an eating disorder or something worse.If she doesn't fit in with her mother idea of good looking.Cause some cute kids are not so cute when they are teenagers;and homely kids turn out goodlooking teenagers.The mother needs to learn its whats inside that counts and the way you treat people. 

darellen 

I know that kids that were good looking a hundred years ago when I was in high school, didn't all turn out to be attractive adults.  Some of them, probably those with parents like this, had a very hard time with it.  When they put on weight or lost their hair, they felt they were ugly and nobody would want to be with them. 

I was a skinny girl when I was in school and got some really nasty comments about that.  I was told that I disappeared when I turned sideways, that I had all the figure of a stick, that my legs were like chicken bones, on and on.  It was YEARS before I got past that and saw myself as attractive.  Now I also know that beauty is as beauty does, and that it's really not about physical appearance at all. 

March 10, 2006, 2:59 pm CST

follow up request

A few years back, a young blond girl was a run away, your son tried to help her and she still haunts me as to where she is now.  Each time she was brought home, she then left again.  Any idea where she is now. thank you for your concern and help.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last