Message Boards

Topic : 09/01 Slave to My Spouse

Number of Replies: 394
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 17, 2006, 01:30:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 03/20/06) Do you constantly have to compromise to get along with your mate? Do you feel like you have to give up a vital part of yourself to be in a relationship? Dr. Phil talks to controlling guests and the loved ones who feel trapped by them. Jeffrey hates that his wife of seven months, Mindy, goes out clubbing with her younger friends, who he says are a bad influence on her. Mindy leaves the kids with Jeffrey's 16-year-old daughter and parties until 6:00 a.m., while he works the night shift. Mindy calls Jeffrey “a warden,” and says if he had his way, she’d never leave the house. Then, Jason claims his wife, Terrie, is lazy. He says he has to clean the house, do chores, take care of the kids and balance two checkbooks! Terrie says her large chest and arthritis prevent her from doing household tasks. Is Terrie making excuses not to clean up her act? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 20, 2006, 12:11 pm CST

This "women" is acting like a child...

This supposed adult is acting more like a 12 year old.  I doubt anyone explained to her that being a MATURE adult consists of behaving.  You are allowed to have fun, but last I checked for normal adults that didn't include snorting crack and "dirty dancing" with anything that moves in the bar.  This child should be sent back to preschool in order to learn how to act around regular people.

March 20, 2006, 12:15 pm CST

Men have been doing it for years!

I am not saying everything that this woman does is right. Doing drugs anywhere is wrong. When a woman goes out to a bar it is wrong. Married men are hanging out at strip clubs all night and it is just fine. It is the old double standard. I sat at home for years. Watching my husband go out and have a good time while I sat at home with the kids. He felt it was his right since he WORKED HARD. What about me?  I worked and looked after the kids and the house. He did his eight hours and was off. Most women maintain a job and a household not to mention raising the children. If anyone deserves a night out it is the WOMAN!  

March 20, 2006, 12:34 pm CST

You are fortunate, Judyblue

Quote From: judyblue22

I don't like housework and neither does my husband. We have someone come in twice a week who does it.  It is so easy to solve the problem that I am astonished at how many families seem to be willing to fight over it.  If you are going to fight about something, at least fight about something that actually matters.

Judyblue, you are very fortunate to have the resources to have someone else come in twice a week to clean your house.  The solution may be a simple one for you, but I am sure that many families cannot afford that luxury. If they could, there would be no need to fight over the chores!!! 

In my home both of us work. At the current time, my husband works more hours so I do more of the cooking, laundry etc. but he is willing  and does help out with some of the other chores. We also know the difference between what has to get done and what can wait.  Cooking and dishes have to get done, bathrooms should be clean, but who cares if there is a little dust, or if vacuuming gets put off, as long as it doesn't get out of control?  We are fortunate that should we decide we wish to hire to have someone do these chores we could afford it, but let's not be too hard on others that don't have that luxury. 

March 20, 2006, 12:34 pm CST

This lady needs a reality check.

I can't even believe this lady. Let's settle something real quick. I'm a size G and I work a fulltime job caring for twin girls that are 11 months old. I bartend and babysit every weekend and I go to school part time. While my house isn't the cleanest on the block I still find the time and can work around my breast long enough to get it done. This lady should shut up she gives hard working women a bad name. If you want to be lazy then do it but don't pretend like it can't be done because plenty of big breasted women do it everyday.

March 20, 2006, 12:38 pm CST

Grow up!

Oh boohoo Mindy you have kids and your husband isn't home and you never get  to go out.  I have raised 3 children on my own for the past 10 years.  I work 2 jobs and have no time to myself and I certainly would never dream of doing cocaine or leaving my children alone  with my 16 year old for the  entire night to stumble in at 6AM.  When I had my children my priorities changed totally.  I used to be a party girl but my  job now is to raise good responsible children and chilldren learn by example.  Grow up Mindy  or leave your husband and continue on as a party girl and I hope you don't wake up one day really lonely.

March 20, 2006, 12:40 pm CST

Getting out

I understand the need for Moms to get out.  Everyone needs a break including mothers.  But there are some things that are acceptable and others that aren't.  I always enjoyed getting together with friends for dinner, shopping, a trip to the city, a movie, art show etc., and it got me away from the repetitiousness of running a house and raising kids, for a few hours anyway.  But I never in a million years would have gone to a bar for a night out.  That woman is asking for trouble.  And, hello?? Why is she taking off her ring?  Obviously she is on the prowl and that is unacceptable for a married woman.  How would she feel if it was reversed and her husband behaved that way?

March 20, 2006, 12:41 pm CST

I can't believe some people

I am a single mom of 2 small children and a full time university sudent. Which I do distance ed.  I own my own home. In regards to Terrie comment about having F size breasts and is not able to do house work, I have E size breasts and it does not effect any of my house work. I manage to run a family without having a husband and I would have to say my house is fairly clean. My laundry is always done as well as all other house work.  I understand that yes some days you have back aches but still things need to get done and to rely on someone else to do it is unacceptable.

March 20, 2006, 12:42 pm CST

You need to speak up!!

Quote From: rd4629

I am not saying everything that this woman does is right. Doing drugs anywhere is wrong. When a woman goes out to a bar it is wrong. Married men are hanging out at strip clubs all night and it is just fine. It is the old double standard. I sat at home for years. Watching my husband go out and have a good time while I sat at home with the kids. He felt it was his right since he WORKED HARD. What about me?  I worked and looked after the kids and the house. He did his eight hours and was off. Most women maintain a job and a household not to mention raising the children. If anyone deserves a night out it is the WOMAN!  

If you need time away from the house you need to speak up!!!  Assert YOUR right to have a break from all that you do.  If you don't say something, why would he change the status quo?

March 20, 2006, 12:47 pm CST

I agree with you

Quote From: rd4629

I have children ranging from 20 to 9 years old.  I do not think that she should be doing drugs, but she did say she quit doing, and  that she did learn from it.    But  going out with her friend a couple of  times a month ,  big deal.

Whoever doesn't agree that is your choice,  but you go girl.

March 20, 2006, 12:50 pm CST

Grow Up

Quote From: moniqueten

Oh boohoo Mindy you have kids and your husband isn't home and you never get  to go out.  I have raised 3 children on my own for the past 10 years.  I work 2 jobs and have no time to myself and I certainly would never dream of doing cocaine or leaving my children alone  with my 16 year old for the  entire night to stumble in at 6AM.  When I had my children my priorities changed totally.  I used to be a party girl but my  job now is to raise good responsible children and chilldren learn by example.  Grow up Mindy  or leave your husband and continue on as a party girl and I hope you don't wake up one day really lonely.
I 'm asking myself why hasn't she be turned in? Leaving a 16 teen year old all night with the kids while she is out doing who know's what I bet it's more than flashing her chest!!!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last