Message Boards

Topic : 03/21 More Annoying People

Number of Replies: 76
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 17, 2006, 01:35:31 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you experiencing irritation overload with a friend or loved one? Does he or she cause scenes in public and make you the butt of bad jokes? If so, you’re not alone. Angie says her sister, Gwen, is the most annoying person on the planet! She rants, raves and flips the bird to total strangers. She even teaches Angie’s 2-year-old curse words. Gwen says her behavior is funny and thinks Angie needs to lighten up. Watch what happens when Dr. Phil plans an experiment and gives Gwen a taste of her own medicine! Then, remember the lovable loudmouth, Becky? Her daughter, Sara, said she swore like a drunken sailor, and could be heard from miles away. Becky said she was simply opinionated, honest and blunt. Has she been able to keep her big mouth shut since she was on the show? Plus, Taylor and Cassidy say their mom, Suzanne’s, obsession with watching Dr. Phil is driving them nuts! Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

RELATED RESOURCES
More March 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 21, 2006, 3:39 pm CST

Gwen teaching toddler cuss words

I find this behavior deplorable and would not allow Gwen near my daughter until she ceased. I don't find that funny at all. Gwen is fortunate that someone has not punched her out by by now. Sooner or later, she will flip off the wrong person or cuss at someone and wind up in the hospital or worse. It's called disorderly conduct in most jurisdictions to verbally assault others.

March 21, 2006, 4:00 pm CST

Gwen

Quote From: dadathome

I find this behavior deplorable and would not allow Gwen near my daughter until she ceased. I don't find that funny at all. Gwen is fortunate that someone has not punched her out by by now. Sooner or later, she will flip off the wrong person or cuss at someone and wind up in the hospital or worse. It's called disorderly conduct in most jurisdictions to verbally assault others.
First of  all you don't know me and i don't teach her daughter to cuse , i was telling my son something and said a cuse word & the 2 yr. old repeated it!  My sister also cuses in front of her kids and is rude ya just don't know me ,thank you

March 21, 2006, 4:19 pm CST

annoying gwen

why does her sister go out in public with her?and i wouldn't allow any child within hearing distance of her foul mouth.her sister should put her foot down and stand up for her family{child/husband}and refuse any contact till she changes or gets professional help unless she likes the verbal abuse.

March 21, 2006, 4:26 pm CST

I see no...

problem with the lady that has to have order in her life. I am exactly the same way, with one exception...I dont go balistic if its done wrong. I just wait and refold the towels or re-wipe the counter ( for the umteenth time ). In my laundry room, my hangers are sorted by type. One kind belongs to my husband (he doesnt even realise this)  one kind are my sons, and mine are different from theirs. Whats so wrong with trying to simplify things? I am the same way with my groceries..so much easier!  

I also agree with the lady that NEEDS that hour after work to unwind a bit. After putting in 10 hours away from home, I HAVE to unwind a bit! Thankfully, my family understands this!! 

Years ago, I refused to miss a moment of St. Elsewhere. Back then..I dont even think VCR's were invented yet! LOL  My phone was taken off the hook..no one dared to breathe around me....even IF their hair was on fire!!  LOL 

March 21, 2006, 4:28 pm CST

Me too...

Quote From: nursekitty

i was enjoying the doctor phil show until the last guest came one the one who has to have everything perfict.  THAT IS SO ME, i have my socks a certain way i have to have my scrubs a certain way my house has to be just right or i fly off the handle yelling and screaming, when i moved my friend tryed to help me unpack i got so mad and started yelling because stuff wasnt the way i wanted it. it has to be my way or i feel like i cant handle it i am in control of my own life and i cant handle feeling out of control and i think that is why i am a divorced lonely person
I thought Dr. Phil said there would be some ideas on the website on how to learn to stop those perfectionist traits.  I'm still looking but can't find them.

March 21, 2006, 4:30 pm CST

My Dr. Phil Time

I am also very protective of my Dr. Phil time. I rush in the house, usually with groceries, after work, change into my workout clothes and watch Dr. Phil. I use this time to clear my head and get on the treadmill. My kids (teenagers) know that they aren't to bother me unless it's a real emergency. The only problem is dinner is always between 6:30 and 7:00, just like when I was growing up and just the time I said I'd never make my kids wait for. Funny how we repeat what we know......but it can't bother my kids too much. I haven't come upstairs to find dinner ready!

March 21, 2006, 4:46 pm CST

Where's the CD?

Quote From: DrPhilBoard1

Here are some articles you might find helpful:

http://drphil.com/articles/article/93/ 

http://drphil.com/articles/article/320/ 

Dr. Phil specifically mentioned that he would provide the last guest with a CD, and that there would be info on the website about this CD.  Please let us know what CD he gave her.    

Thanks so much. 

March 21, 2006, 4:48 pm CST

Gwen

Quote From: bollingerv

why does her sister go out in public with her?and i wouldn't allow any child within hearing distance of her foul mouth.her sister should put her foot down and stand up for her familychild/husbandand refuse any contact till she changes or gets professional help unless she likes the verbal abuse.
First of all you people act like you never said a bad damn word in your life get over it. Angie's husband starts the mess first i just finish it. My mouth is not all the time foul, thank you

March 21, 2006, 4:54 pm CST

03/21 More Annoying People

Quote From: chirsgirl

I think those teenage daughters are being selfish. They aren't toddlers that need to be fed, changed or watched constantly. Mom deserves some down time as soon as she comes in the door. And I believe her when she says the girls usually don't want to talk to her anyway - that she asks too many questions. Come on, we all know teenagers are like that. They don't want to sit down and have a heart to heart with their mom every day. Mom goes to work to provide those nice clothes, great hair cutts and shiny lip gloss those girls have. She cooks, cleans and pays their bills. Give her an hour every day to unwind and watch Dr. Phil. Those girls are just selfish and self centered. They don't want mom's attention, but they want her to be at their beck and call whenever they decide they want her. Get real!

I agree with having time to myself, but right after work is prime family time.  Right then, everyone is hungry and wants to reconnect in my house.  I'd rather make Phil wait than make my family wait. 

I agree that teenagers can be withdrawn and hard to crack, but unfortunately that is exactly the time when a parent needs to talk with them. I find with my daughter, if we are working together-making supper for example-she will carry on a lively conversation.   

There is a inclination to interrogate children at this age (because we are afraid for them) but they get private and clam up.  I try and ask questions like 

-what would you do if you won the lotto?   

-If you could have one person from all of history as a dinner guest, who would it be? 

-what is your favorite character from a book? 

-who is your hero? 

-what made you laugh today? 

We also talk about stuff from the newspaper or other issues in which she is interested. 

March 21, 2006, 4:57 pm CST

03/21 More Annoying People

Quote From: gw13067

First of all you people act like you never said a bad damn word in your life get over it. Angie's husband starts the mess first i just finish it. My mouth is not all the time foul, thank you
I'm sorry, but I agree with the other posters.  You would get near my children either.  What you think is "cute" others consider highly inappropriate.  You could cause your neice to get in trouble or even get shunned by the mother's of children her age in the neighborhood.  Those kinds of impressions are hard to shake once they are made.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last