Message Boards

Topic : 03/21 More Annoying People

Number of Replies: 76
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 17, 2006, 01:35:31 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you experiencing irritation overload with a friend or loved one? Does he or she cause scenes in public and make you the butt of bad jokes? If so, you’re not alone. Angie says her sister, Gwen, is the most annoying person on the planet! She rants, raves and flips the bird to total strangers. She even teaches Angie’s 2-year-old curse words. Gwen says her behavior is funny and thinks Angie needs to lighten up. Watch what happens when Dr. Phil plans an experiment and gives Gwen a taste of her own medicine! Then, remember the lovable loudmouth, Becky? Her daughter, Sara, said she swore like a drunken sailor, and could be heard from miles away. Becky said she was simply opinionated, honest and blunt. Has she been able to keep her big mouth shut since she was on the show? Plus, Taylor and Cassidy say their mom, Suzanne’s, obsession with watching Dr. Phil is driving them nuts! Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

RELATED RESOURCES
More March 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 21, 2006, 7:48 am CST

The Neighbor

The only thing I can think of is the neighbor. She is quite domineering. She says she wants to be a big sister. I make better decisions. I do not find every excuse in the book to call off work or quit. I do not mouth off to the boss or on job interviews. Then with each dog I've had, she undermines me. When the dog sees her, the dog thinks the neighbor is the boss/won't listen to me. The dog does that cause the neighbor will let her do whatever she wants. jumping up, "going" on the floor, etc. I discourage all that bad behavior. I won't get a second dog cause it , too will be more like the neighbor's dog. The neighbor din't rescue the dog from the pound. She got a big dog from the vet that tears up the place and poops on the floor when she leaves. Oh, "she's just a puppy" I hear 3 yrs and 70 lbs later.

March 21, 2006, 8:17 am CST

They do it BECAUSE

People who are intentioonaly annoying are annoying for some very basic reasons: 

1) They are insecure 

2) They are unhappy  

3) They are looking for attention 

4) They will take negative attention over no attention at all 

5) They do it because people ALLOW them to do it! 

What's Dr. Phil always say? We teach people how to treat us.  

Someone needs to tell these women to grow up, smarten up and learn to love themselves enough to WANT to treat others and themselves with respect. Life is too short to be and act miserable. 

March 21, 2006, 9:17 am CST

To Suzanne

I understand about having a show you like.  We are all allowed our indulgences in my house.  At least I can tape Dr Phil and whiz through the commericials to cut down on time. My husband's hockey habit is much worse because it has to be live...and his buddies need to be fed. 

What I do is tape the show and, if no one is around, I watch it while preparing dinner. If the kids want attention, I leave watching the show until later or I don't watch at all because it is a rerun (a lot of those lately).   

The only problem with what you are doing is that you are plunking your hour of indulgence right after work which is prime family time. Everyone wants to share their day and everyone is home and hungry. Just pick a better time for it and enjoy yourself! 

March 21, 2006, 10:20 am CST

I totally agree

Quote From: flthomcat

People who are intentioonaly annoying are annoying for some very basic reasons: 

1) They are insecure 

2) They are unhappy  

3) They are looking for attention 

4) They will take negative attention over no attention at all 

5) They do it because people ALLOW them to do it! 

What's Dr. Phil always say? We teach people how to treat us.  

Someone needs to tell these women to grow up, smarten up and learn to love themselves enough to WANT to treat others and themselves with respect. Life is too short to be and act miserable. 

We should all have the confidence to stand up for ourselves and refuse to be abused.

March 21, 2006, 10:51 am CST

Obsession of Dr.Phil

So someone is going to be a guest on a show that they are obsessed with. I think that would be a dream come true for me personaly if I were obsessed with Dr.Phil and the show but that's my take on it. What do you think?

March 21, 2006, 11:11 am CST

What were they thinking

I’ve lived in this lake side community for 6 years. The first three years were great. The neighbors (mostly summer people) and I got along great. Then the people across the street moved in. They act as if this is their private community and free run for their dogs. They would get back from their winter where ever and let the dogs run. I went over and asked them nicely to keep their dogs in their own yard. She gave me the deer in the head lights look as if I was speaking a foreign language or something. I tried to explain my son was terrified of big dog and that for the dog’s sake because a car could hit them they should be keep in their own yard.  

That worked for about two weeks and she would get lazy and just open the door and let the dogs out again instead of going out with them and keeping them in the yard.  I kept trying to get my boyfriend to go over and tell them to keep the dogs on their own property. He would not do it he just wanted to shoot the dogs. I went over again and asked them to keep the dogs on their own property or I will call the cops.  

Well they called my bluff and I did, 4 times…they have been cited and still will not keep the dogs on their property. Up until this year, they would go south or something during the winter but this year they have been here all year. I have almost hit the dogs twice with my car when they ran out chasing it. It was frustrating but at least I only had to deal with it 6 months of the year then they would leave and all would be well again. Until this year, they did not leave. All year I have had to fight with them about the dogs. 

My house is on the market now and moving out of the community. I told my real-estate agent I do not care who you sell the house to the worse the better as long as they have the money to pay for the house. I am so hoping she finds a stereotypical redneck family with 7 kids, grandma and grandpa and six pigs to move in the place. Paybacks are hell. 

March 21, 2006, 11:59 am CST

True, True

Quote From: judyblue22

I understand about having a show you like.  We are all allowed our indulgences in my house.  At least I can tape Dr Phil and whiz through the commericials to cut down on time. My husband's hockey habit is much worse because it has to be live...and his buddies need to be fed. 

What I do is tape the show and, if no one is around, I watch it while preparing dinner. If the kids want attention, I leave watching the show until later or I don't watch at all because it is a rerun (a lot of those lately).   

The only problem with what you are doing is that you are plunking your hour of indulgence right after work which is prime family time. Everyone wants to share their day and everyone is home and hungry. Just pick a better time for it and enjoy yourself! 

I never realized how true your words would become to me.  I have a new baby and health insurance costs, necesssitate that I work outside the home.  Dr. Phil comes on at 5pm here, just the time that I get home from the office.  I also love Dr. Phil and before the baby was born I watched religiously now sometimes I can watch other days I can't .  If the baby is napping then I can watch bits and pieces between chores and starting dinner.  If she is awake she gets my undividied attention and my husband cooks dinner when he gets home.   

I am 35 years old and she is my first child so it was a big adjustment, between being free as a bird and being a Mom but I wouldn't change a thing 

March 21, 2006, 12:23 pm CST

She's way too much...

Whatever her name is in the pink sweater...Miss. Rude thing. She's just sitting there on TV and laughing for no reason, she looks stupid, in my opinion. I hope she see's that in herself when she gets home and watches the show. Maybe then she will see how horrible her behavior is, and how it effects those around her. 

I have a brother that is just like her & I so am embarassed for the sister, cuz I know what it's like, and it can be  terribly embarassing for me. Granted there are worse things in life, but they bring it on themselves and it's just mean spirited and rude. It's a very selfish behavior to sit in a room filled with others and out of nowhere someone is judging you, ridiculing you and rip on you in front of anyone else ! She needs an intervention on her attitude and lack of social skills.  

To her sister...Good Luck! You have your hands full. 

Bella523 

P.S. My 40 year old brother needs help too, but he will never change! 

March 21, 2006, 12:48 pm CST

03/21 More Annoying People

Quote From: judyblue22

I think those teenage daughters are being selfish. They aren't toddlers that need to be fed, changed or watched constantly. Mom deserves some down time as soon as she comes in the door. And I believe her when she says the girls usually don't want to talk to her anyway - that she asks too many questions. Come on, we all know teenagers are like that. They don't want to sit down and have a heart to heart with their mom every day. Mom goes to work to provide those nice clothes, great hair cutts and shiny lip gloss those girls have. She cooks, cleans and pays their bills. Give her an hour every day to unwind and watch Dr. Phil. Those girls are just selfish and self centered. They don't want mom's attention, but they want her to be at their beck and call whenever they decide they want her. Get real!

March 21, 2006, 1:01 pm CST

Is this the biggest problem in your life? I'm very envious!

For the family whom are upset 'cause their hard working mom/wife  wants a little block of time to indulge herself in a TV Show, what are you complaining about? Is this the biggest problem in your life? So much, that you have to contact Dr. Phil??? I am so jealous,  but I do hope you never have any real problems!!!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last