Message Boards

Topic : Bullies

Number of Replies: 535
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:44:13 pm
Author : dataimport
Bullying is far more serious than just name-calling and teasing. It's escalated to include harassment, beatings and even death threats. Share your bully stories, give and get advice from other parents.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 5, 2005, 8:41 am CDT

luanne

Really sorry to hear that people have to go through what your daughter is going through.  I would plan a meeting at the school - tell them you want all of these kids and thier parents.  Also get the school board involved.  I would tell them that you want the school board to pay for the bus for her to go to another school.  If there isn't a bus, pay for her cab fare.  They need to realize this is unacceptable behavior and in Canada it is against the law!  Kids here can be charged for bullying. 

When my son was being bullying, I called the police and they came to the school and talked to everyone involved.  The police even went to the parents.  I am not sure if it has stopped or not as there has only been three days of school this year.   

Prayers are with you...... 

September 5, 2005, 8:42 am CDT

Bullies

Quote From: 101160

Hi Tray how are you funny meeting you here again.LOL School started there already?My daughter starts back tuesday.And is very nervous as well.I hope your son gets along ok this year.Bullying is so discusting among adults and even worst among kids.I would do the same thing as you hide and watch but i fear it would be worst for him if a bunch could show him that bullying won't be tolerated he might learn.I don't mean beat or anything but if he could see that no one was going to listen to him he might give in maybe?Although i'm like you i don't let any of that crap let go either but sometimes a bully has to be made aware that other kids aren't going to take any more of their crap.I truly wish your son a safe year in school .Take care many blessings.cathy 

I know - isn't it wierd that school starts before the long weekend!?  Made alot of people mad. Especially becasue on the 1st was the celebrations for Albertas 100th.  We couldn't take the kids to the fire works because they had to get up in the morning!  I am going to stand back and watch for the next week and see what happens at school and go from thier!  Take care!

September 5, 2005, 10:20 am CDT

tray

Quote From: tray00

I know - isn't it wierd that school starts before the long weekend!?  Made alot of people mad. Especially becasue on the 1st was the celebrations for Albertas 100th.  We couldn't take the kids to the fire works because they had to get up in the morning!  I am going to stand back and watch for the next week and see what happens at school and go from thier!  Take care!
Hi there again that kinda sucks don't it to have to go to bed and not see fireworks don't it?hope they had a great celebration though was it a one day thing?Yes i'd do the same and stand back and see if it changes from last year any i hope for your son's sake it does. take care many blessings to you and yours.cathygrandpa monkey

September 5, 2005, 1:21 pm CDT

Bullying scare s me

My son just started kindergarten and reading these stories breaks my heart! I think that is one of the biggest challenges I am facing right now. I have talked this over with my son and I hope he opens up to me about this. if anyone can give me advice on this that would be great things like what to look for.  

Rachel

September 6, 2005, 6:44 am CDT

Bullies

Quote From: tannersmom

My son just started kindergarten and reading these stories breaks my heart! I think that is one of the biggest challenges I am facing right now. I have talked this over with my son and I hope he opens up to me about this. if anyone can give me advice on this that would be great things like what to look for.  

Rachel

My youngest son just started kindergarden as well.  He will often make a comment about when he gets beat up.  And the reason he says this is because of his older brother who is in gr 4.  It is really sad that he is having these feelings because of a bully being a bully to his older brother.   

I just try to tell him that won't happen.  I guess the main thing is to talk to your kids, be open with them, and hopefully when something comes up whether it be bullying or girls they feel they can come to you. 

September 6, 2005, 10:53 am CDT

to tanner's mom....

Quote From: tannersmom

Rachel

My advice is to talk with your son daily about his day, get him to talk about his feelings. Even when something happened that he is happy and excited about, still say to him, how did that make you feel? This will set up a pattern between the two of you and it will become natural for him to open up and talk about his feelings, good and bad, so that you can take action as soon as possible. If there is bullying, don't delay, talk to the teacher ASAP and demand solutions. Unfortunatly, some parents become part of the problem, thats why its not a good idea to talk to the bully's parents directly, always have a go-between person, such as a teacher.

September 7, 2005, 3:29 pm CDT

so sad

just today, my 6 year old cried because he did not want to go to school.  I asked him what was wrong and he said that he was upset because kids were making fun of him for having to wear glasses to read!  It made me cry because he was crying.  I don't ever want to see my baby in pain! 

~Jennifer~ 

September 9, 2005, 1:24 pm CDT

Just 3 days and 2 of them bullied

I dont know where to start.   I am just sick to my stomach.
My daughter who is 10 has experienced some bullying on her way home from school, she is approached by a older girl and has been call B##ch.  The second day was today which is why I am writing for advice from someone who may have been in the same situation.(sorry if you have)
My daughter was told "oh you smell, you need a bath", and "you have head lice" your so disgusting.
Believe me my daughter does not.   I am so mad at this, and have reported it to school, giving only the girls first name, cause I dont know her last name.
My daughter says she is not bothered by this, however I am worried that it will get worse, for heavens sake its only the third day of school.
To add to this tension, the girl envolved is the cousin of my daughters best friend, and I dont want the actions that I take to interupt their relationship in anyway, however my daughters saftey is first and foremost.

Thank you,
christine

September 12, 2005, 2:19 pm CDT

No problems so far

well school has been in for a week and he has had no problems with kids.He is well protected from them.Thier was a incedent the second day in one of his classes and the young men were asked to leave and not come back.She had them trnsfed out.The girl who got him into so much trouble last year by leing to keep herself from trouble was warned off when she started at him. She started off by tring to talk to him and he told her that every time im nice to you you get me in trouble so don't talk to me.So she said I guess you want trouble  I can give it to you.He ignored her.She tried and got into trouble her self.I can only hope this goes well for the year.talk later.  

September 12, 2005, 2:32 pm CDT

bullies

Quote From: luanne

Hi, my daughter is having a huge problem with bullying. I am at my wit's end with this. I just did not think this would ever happen with her. Apparently, it started in 7th grade, but she never told me the extent of it. I recall hearing her tell a few comments about one of the girls during that year, which didn't surprise me because this girl's mother is like that. Then this summer it started up again and has continued all summer. Last Sun., the day before school was to start, she was so upset and begging not to go to school, she said she'd rather be dead than to have to go thru what she went thru her whole 7th grade year. She is a freshman in high school this year which is scary and stressful enuf, but then to deal with this! Also to top it off, all of her so called "best friends" have turned on her and went to the side of these two girls that are giving my daughter a hard time. One of these girls told her that her next 3 years will be hell. 

We decided to home school and when I talked to the principal about filling out the papers to do that he assured my that they could take care of this situation. So she agreed to try it. Her first day of school, she was called a piece of s**t, a dirty little whore, and various other nonsense. They had a talk with at least one of the girls. The next couple of days she was pushed and bumped into in the hallways, she was knocked down a flight of stairs(accidentally?) by one of these girls. Even though I think they know they may get in trouble, the consequences of the punishment are not harsh enuf for it all to stop. They are blatent about what they do, it's all insinuation now, the dirty looks, whispering behind her back, etc. She has no friends, she is being shunned by  a lot of people in the school, because of what these girls are telling. She does have some girls who are watching over her and know what these 2 bullies are all about, but she is not good friends with them. I just think it's so sad for her to have to go thru something like this. It has been so hard for me wondering all day long what is happening while she is there. She says she is not going back tomorrow and she really doesn't want to be homeschooled. We have 2 other schools about 15 miles away, but I just don't know if this is the answer, because there are mean girls everywhere and with the price of gas, plus I have 2 other children to think about to get to school.  But she feels that at least she has friends there. If she could just find at least one good friend here, I think it would be bearable, but I think she has her mind set that she is going to another school no matter what. Please pray that an answer would come soon, because I am just dumbfounded on what to do. I know my daughter is not the first one for these girls to have picked on and she won't be the last, it's just unbelievable that a few children can run a whole school 

I have been going through this for seveal years.I would hold the school acountable.If she really thinks it would be a good thing to be at a onther school then let her go.bullies can not only be mean but dangerous as I have foundout.It might be in her own best inteast to let her trnsfer to onther school.safty is another thing to watch out for.I would tell the school that it is for her safty that you are transfering her to onther school because this school can not keep her safe.That these girls are not only bullies but are crimanals in your eyes and then get a resraining order aginst them to keep them away from her.You are yoour daughters advicate.  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last