Message Boards

Topic : Bullies

Number of Replies: 535
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:44:13 pm
Author : dataimport
Bullying is far more serious than just name-calling and teasing. It's escalated to include harassment, beatings and even death threats. Share your bully stories, give and get advice from other parents.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 5, 2005, 6:54 pm CDT

what do i do

What do you do when the bullies are the police and the justice system?  What do you do when you live your life right, your kids do everything the way they should (go to school, work, volunteer at the ages of 14 and 15) and someone comes along and tells you you're son has done something you know he hasn't done?

October 8, 2005, 12:47 am CDT

Bullys

This is the first time I have been on here, but understood many of the posts. My son went thru hell being bullied at school. I transferred him to another school and it was the same thing. I tried once more to transfer him to a third school and have had nothing but good days for my kiddo. He no longer has problems with being picked on. And yes, parents are to blame most of the time for the way their children treat other children. I can not stress the importance of teaching children to respect their peers. I wish the rest of you good luck with your children. But if you do anything, stand up for your children, and teach them it is not ok to treat others with dis respect. Warm Regards, Melinda    

October 10, 2005, 10:56 pm CDT

Bullies

i never really had a problem with physical or emotional bullying at school.  i mean i got the occasional rude comment just like everyone else but nothing serious.   i (and many others) would have people who would just annoy the hell out of us.  tell them to go away, they dont listen, they just keep doing it.  The peopel who constantly pester others are just as bad as bullys in my opinion because they are trying to get a reaction out of someone and take pleasure from it, just how bullies probably do.  Enroll your kids in martial arts.  start at about age 5, keep them in it as long as you can.  i just started and im pretty confident that i could take care of myself.  it not only teaches you how to protect yourself but it has many other benifits.  confidence, improved decision making, common sense, courtesy, stuff like that.  To me violence is a last resort.  use words first, always, if that fails and theres no other way...i think a bully would be no match for a kid whos taking karate.  the sooner you put your kids in martial arts the sooner they can become a third degree black belt...boy will that bully regret shoving your kid!

October 13, 2005, 7:43 am CDT

Bullies

Quote From: jamalldeb

What do you do when the bullies are the police and the justice system?  What do you do when you live your life right, your kids do everything the way they should (go to school, work, volunteer at the ages of 14 and 15) and someone comes along and tells you you're son has done something you know he hasn't done?
as far what do you do if the bullies are the police you go straight to the people over those police.and as far as the other part you sit down and ask your son did he or did he not do what ever the problem was.and ask was there any witnessed?you know like get his side first.

October 21, 2005, 8:19 am CDT

9 year old picked on because hes black

my son is 9 he is being pushed around over and over he would come home crying and still dose cause they call him the N word well he just started fighting back and some of the kids have now turned the bullyness to his 6 year old sister cause she disabled  i have went to the school and to there moms and dads and not geting any wear i can't walk them to the bus stop i just had a baby so i am at my wiz end would like to nock there heads togather

October 21, 2005, 12:01 pm CDT

Reasons to Homeschool

This is one of the very reasons we have chosen to homeschool our three daughters.  We have strong moral values, and I know they would be ostracized by their peers for not wearing the "right" clothes, being allowed to listen to certain types of music or watch tv shows we think inappropriate.  I was bullied in school for not being one of the cool kids, and I will not sacrifice my daughters on the altar of popularity.  They are growing into intelligent, secure girls, who are happy, well adjusted and love playing together, as well as with other children.  They are not harassed because of issues that won't matter in 5 years and best of all I know they are safe.  I know not all parents can homeschool, but for some it may be a viable option.

October 21, 2005, 2:25 pm CDT

Changed Schools

We have custody of our 10 year old grandson.  This year we enrolled him is private school because of the bullies in public school.  Even worse after each incident the principal stated that these boys are so credible.  My grandson didnt stand a chance. thanks

October 22, 2005, 12:13 am CDT

Bullied as an Adult

I am a 34 year old woman and I was bullied as an adult. I was bullied by two other woman about my age. This started in late 1999 and did not stop til 2002. I do not know what or why these two woman hated me so much but I know they did this with other women in the neighborhood.(maybe because I actually stood up for my self where the others did not)  We lived in Texas on a army post so the MPS could not do much or they just did not care that women were fussing with each other. But these two women did everything you could imagine. they would call me names, threaten to kick my butt, put trash all over my front door, made a web page of me with my address and phone #, put my info out to some guy on a chat room ( he showed up at my house) had to change my phone #, they tried to hit me with ther car, send me all kinds of e-mails, (had to change my e-mail) sent me death threats, and many more stuff. Late 2000 me and my family moved out of state and some how they found out my new address and phone # and still harressed me. I went to the police and they said nothing could be done cause it was being done over the internet. I am so glad it stopped. I felt like I was living in hell for a while. I hope no one has to ever go thru what I went thru. I fell bad for the kids that get bullied at school, the school really needs to put a stop to the kids that bullie.

October 22, 2005, 7:13 pm CDT

School Bullies

Ok so here it goes. My 12 yr old son is being bullied at school AGAIN! Well anyway this is nothing new however he has totally had it. Not that he is a totally innocent guy. However he is not a guy who takes punches or starts fights. He is not a bullie. He is not a violent guy but he does have a mouth. You can only take so much crap from others before you get mouthy. We told him  not to take the first swing, however if someone took the first swing make that kid fly. Well once again he was being bugged and the other kid took the first swing and he hit back. Well they got caught and he and the bullie had a day of in school suspension each. However this consisted of them each being in seperate rooms in isolation. Ok the kid that swings first gets the big room with windows and clock, etc. My son got a room that has no windows and is aprox 3 feet wide and 9 feet long, with a desk in it. It's a storage rooms for heavens sake. As you can tell I am extremely upset and the more I type the madder I am getting. Well in Alcatraz a solitary confinment cell  is 5 feet wide and 9 feet long. So needless to say even a prisoner would have a bigger room. I can handle the inschool suspension part but I cannot handle where they had him put. He had to stay in this room the entire day the only time he got to leave it was for dinner because he comes home to eat. He even spent recess in it. I am sooooooo mad. 

I cannot believe that our school administration would pull htis kind of crap! 

October 26, 2005, 12:05 pm CDT

Bully Target

I originally posted this in the "General" category, but realize it belongs in the Bullies category.  I am shocked (however I guss I shouldn't be) how many kids go through this same thing with these bullies!!  This has literally ruined what should be some of the best years of our childrens lives.  My son has now decided to go for an early graduation next January in his senior year.  He already worries about being called names when he walks across to get his diploma...I've just had it with this. Here is my original, and very short version of my story: 

My Son is 16 years old.  He has a heart of gold, is a very handsome young man but has always been somewhat of an outcast with classmates.  In elementary school (3rd grade or so) he was a bit immature, would kind of lash out when no one would play with him etc.  He is now in 11th grade and still does not have many friends.  My son has been a bully target.  He's been called Gay, (which is a classic High School name) My husband and I have been to the school on several occasions....most of the time it hurts him more than it helps him.  My heart aches so much for him....he really doesn't deserve to be treated this way.  He is loved and respected by his teachers, his elders and his family, he just cant shake this reputation he has in school.  It may sound stupid, but I feel like because he is such a nice kid....he gets treated like dirt.  We are a close family of 5, have always had great communication with our children, we sit together as a family for dinner...all the things that help a family grow and stay close.  I will admit that my husband and I worry more than this about our son does, he tells us all the time not to worry and that he is ok.  If there is anyone going through this same type of thing with any of their children, please reply to this post.   Thank you from a heart broken and concerned mom. 

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last