Message Boards

Topic : Bullies

Number of Replies: 535
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:44:13 pm
Author : dataimport
Bullying is far more serious than just name-calling and teasing. It's escalated to include harassment, beatings and even death threats. Share your bully stories, give and get advice from other parents.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 2, 2005, 9:34 am CDT

Bullies

Quote From: dancemom35

My 15 year old daughter will be going into the 10th grade this year.  All summer long she has been tormented by several girls who have vowed to "ruin" her next year.  She has always been a happy go lucky little girl and when she was in the 8th grade she won her Jr. High beauty pagent.  Ever since then girls have been calling her names and just making her life miserable.  She was able to cope but things have completely spirled out of control this summer and she has had 3 friends turn on her because of one girl.  These girls have called her, text messaged her and done everything possible to make her life miserable.  They have threatend to beat her up and mess up her face, and my daughter is now to the point where she doesnt even want to go to school.  I have called the other parents and asked them nicely to speak with their daughters about this but they blow it off and say that it will all blow over and they will all be friends before long.  I am not the type of person to blow up an issue and I know that my daughter hasnt been provoking these kids because she doesnt have access to the internet and her cell phone has been taken away and even with me having her phone they still call and text her.  What do I do?  and am I taking these things the wrong way? any advice would be greatly appreaciated.

hi there i think you should call the authorities.that can be considered harrassment or stalking also.If you have her phone and see that they harass her yet well you have proof.let their parents deal with that then if they think it will blow over.I hate that attitude some parents have that their kid can do no wrong.My daughter to will be going into grade 10 and is fifteen also.i have posted her story here on the board probably back near the back page somewhere if you are interested in reading it.keep posting you will get support here i hope its a new board and not alot of posts yet,but there will be.take care and god keep your daughter safe.cathykids dancing

August 2, 2005, 10:25 am CDT

kepeping daughter safe

Quote From: 101160

hi there i think you should call the authorities.that can be considered harrassment or stalking also.If you have her phone and see that they harass her yet well you have proof.let their parents deal with that then if they think it will blow over.I hate that attitude some parents have that their kid can do no wrong.My daughter to will be going into grade 10 and is fifteen also.i have posted her story here on the board probably back near the back page somewhere if you are interested in reading it.keep posting you will get support here i hope its a new board and not alot of posts yet,but there will be.take care and god keep your daughter safe.cathykids dancing

I would report it to the police.keep every text and phone call and keep the caller id.keep everthing these girls have sent and done letters everything.go to the plice and report it.emails everything press charges on them.get a restraining order to.Then take the school and the partents to court.sur for money for the parents not doing thier job.Make sure the school and the parents know you mean busness. sometimes it is the only way.You may think about moving her to anther school.I don't have a perfect answer.I have my battles with bullies and the schools here.I can only hope whave I have done for my son is the answer.

August 2, 2005, 5:07 pm CDT

DEBRASATT

Quote From: debrasatt

I would report it to the police.keep every text and phone call and keep the caller id.keep everthing these girls have sent and done letters everything.go to the plice and report it.emails everything press charges on them.get a restraining order to.Then take the school and the partents to court.sur for money for the parents not doing thier job.Make sure the school and the parents know you mean busness. sometimes it is the only way.You may think about moving her to anther school.I don't have a perfect answer.I have my battles with bullies and the schools here.I can only hope whave I have done for my son is the answer.

HI I AM A BIT CONFUSED AS TO WHO YOU ARE REFERRING TO?ARE YOU AGREE WITH ME OR GIVING ME A PIECE OF ADVICE.THANKS .CATHY

August 3, 2005, 2:42 pm CDT

bullies

HI I AM A BIT CONFUSED AS TO WHO YOU ARE REFERRING TO?ARE YOU AGREE WITH ME OR GIVING ME A PIECE OF ADVICE.THANKS .CATHY
Thanks for all the advice.  I hope I dont have to go to the authorities, but I want my daughter to be safe.  Someone suggested maybe her changing schools, although that would be a good solution, and give her a fresh start but she is so involved with school, she is on the dance team and really enjoys that part of it.  Please keep her in your prayers Ill let ya know how it goes.  Thanks

August 3, 2005, 6:21 pm CDT

dancemom35

Quote From: dancemom35

Thanks for all the advice.  I hope I dont have to go to the authorities, but I want my daughter to be safe.  Someone suggested maybe her changing schools, although that would be a good solution, and give her a fresh start but she is so involved with school, she is on the dance team and really enjoys that part of it.  Please keep her in your prayers Ill let ya know how it goes.  Thanks
we most definitely will keep her in our prayers and all the kids starting school this fall .take care.cathy

August 3, 2005, 10:16 pm CDT

oops

Quote From: young_one

Hello.

I am 16 years old, and I am not going into grade 12. In the 8th grade, I was tormented, all the time. It really hurt. And, I hated going to school. I had 3 friends, who turned on me too. I seen them one time, 2 yrs ago, during the summer, and they started calling me all these rude names, and I didn't understand why, they were doing it. Then another girl, turned on me. she threatened to beat me up one time. She called my house, constantely. Then my mom finally blocked her number, and she still hates me. The reason why she turned on me, is because supposedly I kept calling her house, then hanging up, all the time, and I didn't. I tried telling her that but she didnt believe me, I believe that the next time she sees me, she will try something, but I will get her back. I think you should call the police, and have them talk to those girls, and you can get a restraining order, because if the police talk to them, that may not do anything, but if you get a restraining order on them, then she wouldn't have to change schools, and she can still be in that dance class. Or, if your daughter is still scared, I think that maybe you should change her schools. Then, she could make new friends. You can also block those girls' phone numbers from your phone. Girls can be very harsh. I think girls are worse than boys. And, since those girls keep calling your daughter, they can be charged for harassment and stalking, because they keep calling your daughter, and you also have proof that they keep tourmenting her. I think that you should go to the police, just to be on the safe side. Because, you never know. Your daughter can be in the bathroom, and one of those girls, could walk in and see her or something. I think that you should call the police, and get a restraining order. I think a restraining order would be necessary because if the police talk to them, it may or not stop them. tell your daughter to take care, I hope I offered you some advice. Good Luck to you, and your daughter.

PS. the parents of those girls are probably thinking "girls will be girls" but it's much deeper than that.

I meant I am going into grade 12. sorry.

August 3, 2005, 10:16 pm CDT

I'm a teen myself . . .

Hello.

I am 16 years old, and I am not going into grade 12. In the 8th grade, I was tormented, all the time. It really hurt. And, I hated going to school. I had 3 friends, who turned on me too. I seen them one time, 2 yrs ago, during the summer, and they started calling me all these rude names, and I didn't understand why, they were doing it. Then another girl, turned on me. she threatened to beat me up one time. She called my house, constantely. Then my mom finally blocked her number, and she still hates me. The reason why she turned on me, is because supposedly I kept calling her house, then hanging up, all the time, and I didn't. I tried telling her that but she didnt believe me, I believe that the next time she sees me, she will try something, but I will get her back. I think you should call the police, and have them talk to those girls, and you can get a restraining order, because if the police talk to them, that may not do anything, but if you get a restraining order on them, then she wouldn't have to change schools, and she can still be in that dance class. Or, if your daughter is still scared, I think that maybe you should change her schools. Then, she could make new friends. You can also block those girls' phone numbers from your phone. Girls can be very harsh. I think girls are worse than boys. And, since those girls keep calling your daughter, they can be charged for harassment and stalking, because they keep calling your daughter, and you also have proof that they keep tourmenting her. I think that you should go to the police, just to be on the safe side. Because, you never know. Your daughter can be in the bathroom, and one of those girls, could walk in and see her or something. I think that you should call the police, and get a restraining order. I think a restraining order would be necessary because if the police talk to them, it may or not stop them. tell your daughter to take care, I hope I offered you some advice. Good Luck to you, and your daughter.

PS. the parents of those girls are probably thinking "girls will be girls" but it's much deeper than that.

August 7, 2005, 7:46 am CDT

youngone

Quote From: young_one

Hello.

i think my dear you have some of your story mixed with someone elses.i never got harassing phone calls to my daughter or she has never taking dance class.it wasn't just a bunch of girls there were boys but i have gotten it resolved.i know you mean well sweetie .and you keep sending that message and some one can take advice from you .good luck .my daughter is going through more than just bullying its a combo of alot of things ,but is doing better.thanks and god bless you. good luck to you.

August 7, 2005, 8:01 am CDT

I think she was refering to DANCE MOM

i think my dear you have some of your story mixed with someone elses.i never got harassing phone calls to my daughter or she has never taking dance class.it wasn't just a bunch of girls there were boys but i have gotten it resolved.i know you mean well sweetie .and you keep sending that message and some one can take advice from you .good luck .my daughter is going through more than just bullying its a combo of alot of things ,but is doing better.thanks and god bless you. good luck to you.

I after reading back on some posts, I think people are finding the reply with quote confussing.  I think this girl meant to reply to dance mom, it was her who's daughter was having those issues, and is involved in Dance.  I am not sure that the way the board is set up is working well with everyone!  LOL  It is confussing for some when they go to reply to something.   

Anyhow, School is starting soon.....prayers for all! 

August 10, 2005, 10:35 am CDT

bullies, UGH!

last year, my son was in 6th grade.  the bus was torture!  My sons father and I are going thru a divorce-he's been verbally & emotionally abusive towards me and I have been posting on the abuse boards.  Anyways, my son has also put on some weight and he has very low self esteem.  The kids on the bus picked right up on that! These middle schoolers have to sit three to a seat and my son was the 3rd to last stop to get on in the mornings so you can imagine no one wanted to let him sit with him.  They pushed him out of the seats, elbowed him in the ribs and of course called him unmentionable names.  I phone the bus discipline officer and was told to tell my son to stay away from the kids that were doing this to him!  I called the school principal and DARE officer.  They talked to the bus discipline officer and ended up suspending two boys from the bus for a week.  About a month later, one of the boys got into a fist fight with another boy.  It was so bad that the bus driver pulled the bus over, phoned the police and an ambulance!  The one boy had a broken nose and check bone and also needed stitches!  My son was frightened just watching the fight.  The one boy was expelled from school but I decided to drive my son to and from school as much as I could.  We live in a really nice suburban area.  This happens everywhere and should not be tolerated!  We are supposed to be sending our children to school to learn and be safe! 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last