Message Boards

Topic : Bullies

Number of Replies: 535
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:44:13 pm
Author : dataimport
Bullying is far more serious than just name-calling and teasing. It's escalated to include harassment, beatings and even death threats. Share your bully stories, give and get advice from other parents.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 20, 2005, 11:02 am CDT

Bullies

I have personally stopped people form being bullied.

August 21, 2005, 9:48 am CDT

Bullies

I don't believe hiring someone is anyone's option.  Let me tell you I can't afford $15 an hour I can hardly afford the $5 an hour I pay my babysitter to watch my kids after school until my husband gets home from work....... 

Do people actaully pay this?  Seems unreal? 

August 21, 2005, 11:12 am CDT

thesmitty

Quote From: thesmitty

Best thing to do is hire someone like me. I'm a lineman.  I usually charge $15.00 an hour.  No refunds.  I'll keep the bullys away from you.

You have got to be kidding.Who in their right mind is going to hire you for 15$ an hr?what the heck is a lineman?nothing more than a bully themselves or what?what do you get paid to do?protect the victim buy going after their bully!how intelligent is that?you are really setting a good example aren't you .Oh hire me and i'll beat the crap out of who ever is bullying you!whats up with that?How frickin old are you?Can't be very old or else not a very mature adult.Give me a break instead of promoting violence try another line of work !! not something to promote bullying.You need to have your head examined!get a dam life. 

August 22, 2005, 6:48 am CDT

Bullies

Quote From: 101160

You have got to be kidding.Who in their right mind is going to hire you for 15$ an hr?what the heck is a lineman?nothing more than a bully themselves or what?what do you get paid to do?protect the victim buy going after their bully!how intelligent is that?you are really setting a good example aren't you .Oh hire me and i'll beat the crap out of who ever is bullying you!whats up with that?How frickin old are you?Can't be very old or else not a very mature adult.Give me a break instead of promoting violence try another line of work !! not something to promote bullying.You need to have your head examined!get a dam life. 

Exactly!!! I totally agree with you!   What A Joke!

August 22, 2005, 7:32 am CDT

trayoo

Quote From: tray00

Exactly!!! I totally agree with you!   What A Joke!
good to see someone with a brain.LOL. Imagine pay for bullying geeze how stupid some people are.Take care. god bless.Hope you have a good school year with your kids i will certainly try as well .good luck to all moms &Dads out there may all our kids be safe.cathy

August 27, 2005, 8:43 pm CDT

teachers as bullies

This problem is a little different than most but hopefully someone can offer advice anyways. Im 17 a junior in  arizona highschool and went on an extended field trip this summer for over two weeks. Before the trip i got along with the teacher fairly well and felt that they were a trustworthy person ". While on the excursion several students were doing things prohibited by the teacher and school (drinking etc.) while talking to the teacher who by this time seemed more like a friend than authority figure i accidently mentioned a drunked accident someoen had, had the night b4 and tipped them off to the drinking. I felt bad but proceeded to forget about it only to start hearing people talk about how i had gotten everyone in trouble a few days later. Upon getting home found out that one of the girls who was in trouble told a friend of mine that i was the one who did it when she asked how he knew he told her the teacher had told him. I was very hurt but after hearing other things that went on not surprised. The teacher had made friends with a few girls on the trip who the teacher supposedly ridiculed the rest of the students with saying one girlls outfit was bad making fun of anothers table manners  even going as far to label certain kids gay one of the girls who was in on it was also the one who told a friend the teacher had told her i was the one that told on everyone. I just want to know if this is normal ? because ive never been in this situation before. and also since it is pretty obvious they told the other student about what i told them what should i do ? my feelings are really hurt and i dont know why theyd do that i just need some advice please. 

September 3, 2005, 7:52 am CDT

Second day of school

Well, my son had to get a teacher to walk him half way home today.  Not that anything happened but the kid who was bullying him last year was at the cross walk at the same time, so my son ran back into the school and got the teacher.  I think next week I am going to hide and watch and see if anything happens, and that way if it does I can stop it and deal with it. 

September 4, 2005, 2:13 pm CDT

tray

Quote From: tray00

Well, my son had to get a teacher to walk him half way home today.  Not that anything happened but the kid who was bullying him last year was at the cross walk at the same time, so my son ran back into the school and got the teacher.  I think next week I am going to hide and watch and see if anything happens, and that way if it does I can stop it and deal with it. 

Hi Tray how are you funny meeting you here again.LOL School started there already?My daughter starts back tuesday.And is very nervous as well.I hope your son gets along ok this year.Bullying is so discusting among adults and even worst among kids.I would do the same thing as you hide and watch but i fear it would be worst for him if a bunch could show him that bullying won't be tolerated he might learn.I don't mean beat or anything but if he could see that no one was going to listen to him he might give in maybe?Although i'm like you i don't let any of that crap let go either but sometimes a bully has to be made aware that other kids aren't going to take any more of their crap.I truly wish your son a safe year in school .Take care many blessings.cathy 

September 4, 2005, 2:17 pm CDT

THIS IS A POEM FOR ALL WHO SUFFER FROM THE HANDS OF A BULLY !

Thorn In My Side
by Bisi Akinola-Arutoghor

Like a thorn in my side
I’ve nowhere to hide
You’ve got a sting in your tail
And you’ll get me without fail

Is it my hair, my size or my shoes?
Whatever it is I’ll always lose
Tell me what’s wrong I’m sure we can sort it out
But you’d rather get angry, lash out and shout

Trials and tribulations are all part of life
But why do I have to put up with your trouble and strife?
You suppress and repress me and laugh at my woes
I’d like to see how you’d react if someone bigger stepped on your toes

There’s a name for your kind you’re a B.U.L.L.Y.
If I’m not to your liking you’ll tell me why and make me cry
It’s not just the verbal but the physical and mental abuse
Do you know how many times
I’ve wanted to end it all with my head in a noose?

My brother says be strong, you’ll get bored and it will all come to an end
I want the end now, don’t need an enemy but a friend
School years are long and there’re supposed to be fun
This seems like a battle that can never be won

You’ve never been strong just aggressive and weak
You’ve never liked me because I’m kind and meek
My self respect and confidence have been taken away
But I pray to God that they will come back soon, someday

I’m now older and wiser and even have respect for myself
Doing well in my career and I even have wealth
Saw you the other day walking up and down the street
You should have concentrated on studying not bullying
Then you would be able to make ends meet

No more do I have that thorn in my side
It is now your turn, to run away and hide
Go on bend your head down in embarrassment and shame
Like a newly planted flower, I’ll never be the same again. 

I truly hope all has a good year in school. keep our kids safe lord! 

September 5, 2005, 7:31 am CDT

Bullies

Hi, my daughter is having a huge problem with bullying. I am at my wit's end with this. I just did not think this would ever happen with her. Apparently, it started in 7th grade, but she never told me the extent of it. I recall hearing her tell a few comments about one of the girls during that year, which didn't surprise me because this girl's mother is like that. Then this summer it started up again and has continued all summer. Last Sun., the day before school was to start, she was so upset and begging not to go to school, she said she'd rather be dead than to have to go thru what she went thru her whole 7th grade year. She is a freshman in high school this year which is scary and stressful enuf, but then to deal with this! Also to top it off, all of her so called "best friends" have turned on her and went to the side of these two girls that are giving my daughter a hard time. One of these girls told her that her next 3 years will be hell. 

We decided to home school and when I talked to the principal about filling out the papers to do that he assured my that they could take care of this situation. So she agreed to try it. Her first day of school, she was called a piece of s**t, a dirty little whore, and various other nonsense. They had a talk with at least one of the girls. The next couple of days she was pushed and bumped into in the hallways, she was knocked down a flight of stairs(accidentally?) by one of these girls. Even though I think they know they may get in trouble, the consequences of the punishment are not harsh enuf for it all to stop. They are blatent about what they do, it's all insinuation now, the dirty looks, whispering behind her back, etc. She has no friends, she is being shunned by  a lot of people in the school, because of what these girls are telling. She does have some girls who are watching over her and know what these 2 bullies are all about, but she is not good friends with them. I just think it's so sad for her to have to go thru something like this. It has been so hard for me wondering all day long what is happening while she is there. She says she is not going back tomorrow and she really doesn't want to be homeschooled. We have 2 other schools about 15 miles away, but I just don't know if this is the answer, because there are mean girls everywhere and with the price of gas, plus I have 2 other children to think about to get to school.  But she feels that at least she has friends there. If she could just find at least one good friend here, I think it would be bearable, but I think she has her mind set that she is going to another school no matter what. Please pray that an answer would come soon, because I am just dumbfounded on what to do. I know my daughter is not the first one for these girls to have picked on and she won't be the last, it's just unbelievable that a few children can run a whole school 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last