Message Boards

Topic : Bullies

Number of Replies: 535
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:44:13 pm
Author : dataimport
Bullying is far more serious than just name-calling and teasing. It's escalated to include harassment, beatings and even death threats. Share your bully stories, give and get advice from other parents.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 27, 2005, 3:13 pm CDT

TRAY

Quote From: tray00

Once we found out it was going on the school was watching the kid druing school hours, (recess).  But the mom was asked to walk to her son to and from school so that it wouldn't happen before or after school.  I started driving my son to school, the last week of school. 

I did not figure out how to go to the archives to read the old posts?????

We live in Canada, (Aberta) and the part of town I live in has had a lot of shootings.  Not that it is a bad area, our whole city seems to have crap going on.  But since spring, their has been a few shootings, for example a boy was riding his bike down the street and someone shot him.  I said to the school and police, if someone doesn't do something about this kid now, he is going to be the next person to shot someone.  I said take this seriously.  We have just passed laws about bullying recently.  We have speakers come in and talk to the kids in the schools and bullying.  Society is making a big deal of bullying saying thier is a NO TOLOERANCE to bullying   but then the school doesn't take it seriously.  I don't understand. 

If it continues once school is back  I will press charges, and I will go to the school board. 

My son is a big boy, he is not overwieght, but he is about 2 yrs older "looking" the all of his class mates.  I am not sure why he was choosen.  Not saying that it is the little children that get bullied but when you look at my son, it doesn't look like the type of kid to take a beaten.  Please dont' take that the wrong way, I am just saying that usually kids that are bullied are bullied by someone 3 times as small as them.  And that is not the case here.  I guess I never thought it would happen to my son. 

Anyhow, all for now.....Tray 

• HI THERE TRAY READ YOUR POST AND IT MUST BE TERRIBLE TO LIVE WITH THAT KIND OF CRIME IN THE STREETS.ITS JUST TO BAD THAT YOUR OWN SON HAS TO BE DRIVEN TO SCHOOL TO BE SAFE ISN'T IT?WE LIVE IN CANADA ALSO THE EASTERN END OF CANADA .THIS KID I AGREE IF HE IS NOT DEALT WITH HE'S GOING TO HURT SOMEONE THEN WHAT ARE THE PARENTS GOING TO SAY OH HE DIDN'T MEAN TO KILL THEM ?I WOULDN'T DOUBT IT .I DON'T BLAME YOU I WOULD GO TO THE SCHOOL BOARD TOO IF THERE IS NO ACTION TAKEN .HERE IF A PARENT FILES A COMPLAINT WITH THE SCHOOL BOARD THE BOARD THEN COMES DOWN HEAVY ON THE PRINCIPLE &TEACHERS OF THAT SCHOOL AND IT EVEN CAN BE FIRED IF THE SITUATION ESCALADES TO FAR.I CAN WALK YOU THROUGH TO THE OLD BOARD THATS ARCHIVED THAT WAY YOU CAN READ MESSAGES AND IF YOU HAPPEN TO SEE SOMEONE YOU SAW ON THE ARCHIVE BOARD YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO RELATE.
  •  HERES WHAT TO DO IF YOU WANT GO TO THE TOP OF THIS BOARDCLICK MESSAGE BOARDS
  •  SEE ON TOP THE ARCHIVE BOARDS CLICK THERE
  •  GO TO PARENTING BOARD DOWN BELOW  CLICK
  •  GO DOWN TO BULLIES
  •  MY POST IS PAGE 18 POSTED 2005/06/21 DOWN SOME ON THE PAGE GOOD LUCK .LET ME KNOW HOW YOU FAIR OUT .TAKE CARE .CATHYblue blob

July 27, 2005, 3:15 pm CDT

DEBRABRATT

Quote From: debrasatt

Hi

I think iam  going to like this new set up.It will take some time to get use to.

HI THERE WELCOME TO THE NEW BULLYING BOARD.I DID SEE YOU POST ON THE OLD BOARDS .CHAT SOON .IF YOU WANT TO YOU CAN READ MINE ON THE OLD ARCHIVE BOARD .TIRED OF WRITING .TOLD TRAY WHAT TO DO IF YOU SEE MY POST TO HER BELOW THIS.TAKE CARE CHAT SOON .CATHYblue blob

July 27, 2005, 6:02 pm CDT

SORRY FOR THE MISPEL ON YOUR NAME

Quote From: 101160

HI THERE WELCOME TO THE NEW BULLYING BOARD.I DID SEE YOU POST ON THE OLD BOARDS .CHAT SOON .IF YOU WANT TO YOU CAN READ MINE ON THE OLD ARCHIVE BOARD .TIRED OF WRITING .TOLD TRAY WHAT TO DO IF YOU SEE MY POST TO HER BELOW THIS.TAKE CARE CHAT SOON .CATHYblue blob

DEBRASATTSNEEZING DRAGON

July 28, 2005, 6:46 am CDT

Silly me.....

Hi, me again.  Thanks for telling me how to get the arhive boards. That is good to know......however.....I got to them and I am looking for your post.  Do you have the same name?  They don't Number them??  What you can do is copy and paste it in to this message?  I counted 18 down, and it was about being bullied when they were in school?  Was that you?

Thanks, Tray

July 28, 2005, 7:11 am CDT

Found it never mind

Hi, me again.  Thanks for telling me how to get the arhive boards. That is good to know......however.....I got to them and I am looking for your post.  Do you have the same name?  They don't Number them??  What you can do is copy and paste it in to this message?  I counted 18 down, and it was about being bullied when they were in school?  Was that you?

Thanks, Tray

I am glad your daughter is doing better with everything.  I can't believe the crap these kids make others go through, if they (the bullies) would just take a minute to understand how it hurts others.  My kids just got up and they are hungry so I will post later......

July 28, 2005, 8:09 am CDT

tray

I am glad your daughter is doing better with everything.  I can't believe the crap these kids make others go through, if they (the bullies) would just take a minute to understand how it hurts others.  My kids just got up and they are hungry so I will post later......

glad you found my post.cathy

pshere is a little guy we could send to school cowboyto protect our kids.LOL. LATER CATHY

July 28, 2005, 2:48 pm CDT

School starts soon here

Our school in washington starts in sept. I must have the thickest IEP ever seen.I can onlyhope what I have put into it works for my son.If not I will make sure I call for lots of formal iep meetings until I get it worked out.I was worned that the vp at this other middle school is very stricked with kids and does not like partents to interfer.Well I have news for him I do.I have my sons Iep wirttten up so he can't  keep him after school or supend or question him withoout me or my h with him.and is supose to be acompaned bvy an adult at all times.So if he does get beat up or has trouble they are the ones who I will be questioning about where was his adult assistant at that time.I am tiered of my son being bullied by other kids because he is defferent and them getting a way with if so lets see how this year goes.

July 30, 2005, 10:05 am CDT

i totally understand

Quote From: debrasatt

Our school in washington starts in sept. I must have the thickest IEP ever seen.I can onlyhope what I have put into it works for my son.If not I will make sure I call for lots of formal iep meetings until I get it worked out.I was worned that the vp at this other middle school is very stricked with kids and does not like partents to interfer.Well I have news for him I do.I have my sons Iep wirttten up so he can't  keep him after school or supend or question him withoout me or my h with him.and is supose to be acompaned bvy an adult at all times.So if he does get beat up or has trouble they are the ones who I will be questioning about where was his adult assistant at that time.I am tiered of my son being bullied by other kids because he is defferent and them getting a way with if so lets see how this year goes.

i was bullied as a child from kindergarten to my junior year in high school. i chose to open enroll and that was the best decision i ever made. if the school is the way it sounds, i would suggest open-enrolling ur child so he has a chance for a new start. hint: check out the school before sending him there. also ask about a bully system or u can try to start one on ur own which is what i am trying to do. my oldest son is only in kindergarten, but i checked out the school before sending him there and he has many friends even though he has learning disabilities. i hope i helped u. (plus the school will not want u to open enroll him cuz they lose money. they have to pay the other school for u open enrolling him. they might even try to do more to prevent this from continuing.) there is something they can do, so if they say there isnt, that's BS!!! good luck and i will keep ur son in my prayers.

July 30, 2005, 12:31 pm CDT

hey all

Hi i hope all is well with everyone .i have beeen here before i guess i was first on the boards when it came up.LOL anyhow i did tell tray00 where she could find my story of my daughter and her troubles anyone who wants to read look at the post to tray00 .she is doing better.starts high school this fall and is looking forward too .take care.cathyblue blob

August 2, 2005, 7:02 am CDT

bullies

My 15 year old daughter will be going into the 10th grade this year.  All summer long she has been tormented by several girls who have vowed to "ruin" her next year.  She has always been a happy go lucky little girl and when she was in the 8th grade she won her Jr. High beauty pagent.  Ever since then girls have been calling her names and just making her life miserable.  She was able to cope but things have completely spirled out of control this summer and she has had 3 friends turn on her because of one girl.  These girls have called her, text messaged her and done everything possible to make her life miserable.  They have threatend to beat her up and mess up her face, and my daughter is now to the point where she doesnt even want to go to school.  I have called the other parents and asked them nicely to speak with their daughters about this but they blow it off and say that it will all blow over and they will all be friends before long.  I am not the type of person to blow up an issue and I know that my daughter hasnt been provoking these kids because she doesnt have access to the internet and her cell phone has been taken away and even with me having her phone they still call and text her.  What do I do?  and am I taking these things the wrong way? any advice would be greatly appreaciated.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last