Message Boards

Topic : 06/09 Loving Dumb

Number of Replies: 294
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 31, 2006, 12:51:47 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/05/06) Love -- It can be the best feeling in your life, or it can leave you scarred, wounded and completely baffled. When Jeannie first appeared on the show, she was surprised to learn what men really thought of her. She got a wake-up call from Dr. Phil, but has she put his advice to work and have things changed? Next, Hayley and Chad's romance started to sizzle after their trip to Love Smart Island. When Dr. Phil sends them on an adventure, what does Hayley learn about herself when it comes to relationships, and could you be making the same mistake? Then, Todd, one of Love Smart Island's popular bachelors, is back to face the reality of why he can't find the one. Will he change his game when he meets three new bachelorettes? Plus, find out why men dump women without an explanation, and see a special musical performance that will fill your heart with love. Tune in to find out if you're unlucky in love or if you’re just loving dumb. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 5, 2006, 4:11 pm CDT

person on the show

Quote From: dbachelor

In a few years you'll consider yourself to be one of the truly lucky ones.

Remember, women really dig jerks - just watch Dr. Phil for a few weeks if you don't believe me.  So if you're woman-free then it must mean you're a saint.  Keep on doing whatever you're doing.  Please don't turn into a jerk to be more attractive to women.  Not all men are fools, some are bachelors.

How about the person 'Candy' on the show? I will take that one! :-) or maybe I should hang myself and try again in the next life? I am tired of being lonely :-( 

April 5, 2006, 4:32 pm CDT

Totally agree

Quote From: cash315

Dr. Phill, 

Why is it that all of the singles you use on your show are skinny and very attractive?  I know that physical appearance is important however, there are plenty of singles out there that are attractive but may not be skinny or the fitness type.  I am sick of people saying that in order to find a match you must not be overweight.  Why can't people learn to stop being so superficial and realize there is more to a person than their physical size? 

I wonder also Dr. Phil.  I know you keep saying over and over that  many people are not happy if they are overweight.  But I agree with this person as why is it when you do the Dating Islands and help with dating tips your ladies are always on the thin side and so are the men.  Please explain why this is?  I was taught that it's what is on the inside that counts not what the outside is all about.  I would like to find a man who sees me for the real me on the inside and not only what is on the outside.

April 5, 2006, 4:40 pm CDT

04/05 Loving Dumb

Quote From: jim1970

It's nothing with you, personally.  This has happened as a result of 35 years of feminist B.S. 

Here's what we have learned through the years: 

1.  If we call right away, we are considered "clingy" and are immediately written off. 

2.  If we confess our feelings right away, women "get scared". 

3.  If we pretend you don't exist, YOU WANT US. 

1. If he would have called right away I wouldn't have considered him clingy nor any other guy. 

2. Confessing your feeling right away might scare some but not all so take a chance. 

3. Of course we want you if you pretend we don't exsist, heck if a women does it to a man he is usually after her panting cause it's something he isn't allowed. 

April 5, 2006, 4:47 pm CDT

Nice guys

I saw the show today and I felt bad for the women on the show.   They seem like nice women and have alot to offer a guy.   I hope all the others out there who are allowing booty calls and are generally being walked all over see this show and HAVE THEIR OWN WAKE UP CALL.    I get so frustrated at my single friends that are so dumb& shallow, thinking that looks are the most important thing in a guy.   To the point of letting nice guys with good potential go and allowing these players to have a Lil fun and walk all over them.    I makes me a little mad.   My hubby is a great father and wonderful husband.  When  I was 22 I met him and almost let him go because I thought HE WAS TOO NICE.    That is crazy to me now at 32 but I did learn my lesson and 7 yrs married 2 kids and a home sweet (messy) home later.  I am so glad I looked at him more then twice and gave a nice guy a chance.     If you just kiss a few frogs your prince will come BUT watch out for warts hidden and unhidden.     :)

April 5, 2006, 5:07 pm CDT

Love Your Self

Quote From: blueyesak

I wonder also Dr. Phil.  I know you keep saying over and over that  many people are not happy if they are overweight.  But I agree with this person as why is it when you do the Dating Islands and help with dating tips your ladies are always on the thin side and so are the men.  Please explain why this is?  I was taught that it's what is on the inside that counts not what the outside is all about.  I would like to find a man who sees me for the real me on the inside and not only what is on the outside.

April 5, 2006, 5:12 pm CDT

I am a very nice young woman

Quote From: dbachelor

In a few years you'll consider yourself to be one of the truly lucky ones.

Remember, women really dig jerks - just watch Dr. Phil for a few weeks if you don't believe me.  So if you're woman-free then it must mean you're a saint.  Keep on doing whatever you're doing.  Please don't turn into a jerk to be more attractive to women.  Not all men are fools, some are bachelors.

I am always told that I am far too kind for my own good.  I am not fat, I wear a size six.  I am not ugly, not mean, not a cheater, or a flirt, or a bimbo.   I would enjoy having a conversation and coffee with any of you.  Even you Jim, because you must have been through some terrible things for you to feel the way you do.  I bet none of you will write back because, since I came on to you, you will think that I am psycho or desperate!   

Smile! 

~Sunshine~ 

April 5, 2006, 5:27 pm CDT

I will reply

Quote From: sunshine80

I am always told that I am far too kind for my own good.  I am not fat, I wear a size six.  I am not ugly, not mean, not a cheater, or a flirt, or a bimbo.   I would enjoy having a conversation and coffee with any of you.  Even you Jim, because you must have been through some terrible things for you to feel the way you do.  I bet none of you will write back because, since I came on to you, you will think that I am psycho or desperate!   

Smile! 

Sunshine 

Please give me a chance, I will reply to anyone.....being alone has even affected my health. I am on medicaiton to correct mental health problems....so being lonely IS bad.....at least I have stopped 'hearing voices'.  

I dont know what else to do. :-( 

April 5, 2006, 5:31 pm CDT

I do love myself even if the world doesn't

Quote From: benbea

April 5, 2006, 6:07 pm CDT

Thanks!

Quote From: canadiantr

I honestly can't believe that there are actually "real" men out there! 

I was pleasantly surprised when I heard Todd's story.......  he seems to be the male version of me! 

I'm amazed!   

In this fast-food nation, it's nice to see that there are still people out there who want to hold onto more traditonal values. 

cheers, t 

T, 

Thanks for your comment.  A lot got cut out of the show on how and what I did to make my ex fiance feel safe in our relationship.  To this day I am still puzzled on how it was not validated by her.  I kept telling her that all my guy friends wouldn't do half of what I have done to work on this relationship.  Maybe she is out there now somewhere learning this.  Someday the right girl will discover this and not want to let it go. 

Good luck to you and your relationships. 

Todd 

April 5, 2006, 6:16 pm CDT

i couldn't agree more

Quote From: mousey213

that robert guy seems like alot of guys I know and have dated. i'd love to pick his brain and find out why him and guys like him think the way they do about relationships.
I know what you mean. robert is very typical of so many guy's attitudes towards dating and relationships!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last