Message Boards

Topic : 07/25 Plastic People

Number of Replies: 780
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 31, 2006, 12:53:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/06/06) Dr. Phil speaks to people who are searching for the perfect body. Gina admits to an obsession with plastic surgery and has a long wish list of procedures she'd like to have done in her quest for perfection. Her fiancé, Jason, finds her the picture of perfection and says she needs to stop. With their wedding on the horizon, second thoughts are creeping into Jason's mind. Then, Michael's wife, Christy, repulses him and he can't even kiss her. Christy is trying to lose weight so she can look attractive for her husband, but his repulsion makes her feel unworthy. Should Christy lose weight and try to look more like a model, or should Michael accept her just the way she is? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 1, 2006, 4:47 am CST

Low life's

About this guy Michael, he should accept the way his wife his. He actualy expects his wife to lose weight just to look like a super model, he should be asking her to lose weight to make herself feel better and live a long good healthy life. Instead he judges her the way she looks. Talk about a lowlife and hey, I know a very good few low lifes myself. I know this one guy who broke up with his girlfriend OVER THE PHONE!!!! and a similar story to this guy Michael. Guys like Michael, they just want everything to be perfect and to have things to run smoothly and not deal with their spouse or they'll come up with an excuse just to create conflict. I say the best way to deal with guys like Michael is to simply walk away. Just to make them bag on their knee's and they say "I won't do it again, I promise" but would they?

April 4, 2006, 4:14 am CDT

The Old Double Standard!

Why is it always the wife that has to look like a model, be thin and look like she is forever 18?  Here is the old double standard again.  How many times do we see guys that have let themselves go and don't do anything about it, but expect the wife to lose weight and look perfect? So hypocritical!!

April 5, 2006, 6:47 am CDT

no such thing as perfect

I dated a guy like that once. He was into weight lifting and was always telling me that I was too fat and not pretty enough. I look back and realize that he was putting his own insecurities off on me. I am glad I got out of th erelationship, now I have a wonderful fiance who actually likes my curves.

April 5, 2006, 10:06 am CDT

smart move!!

Quote From: alleyg

I dated a guy like that once. He was into weight lifting and was always telling me that I was too fat and not pretty enough. I look back and realize that he was putting his own insecurities off on me. I am glad I got out of th erelationship, now I have a wonderful fiance who actually likes my curves.

alley, you were smart to get out of that one and are well rid of that creep.  And I agree that it was more about him than you.  I wonder if guys who need trophy girls do it because they are insecure and want to say to the world "Look what I got!!!" 

Years ago I dated a creep that also passed nasty comments to me-"too skinny"  "I could do better".  Best thing I did was to get him out of my life.  I married a wonderful guy several years later and we are still enjoying life with eachother to this day.  Best of luck!!! 

April 5, 2006, 10:18 am CDT

smart move!!

Quote From: alleyg

alley, you were smart to get out of that one and are well rid of that creep.  And I agree that it was more about him than you.  I wonder if guys who need trophy girls do it because they are insecure and want to say to the world "Look what I got!!!" 

Years ago I dated a creep that also passed nasty comments to me-"too skinny"  "I could do better".  Best thing I did was to get him out of my life.  I married a wonderful guy several years later and we are still enjoying life with eachother to this day.  Best of luck!!! 

April 5, 2006, 11:05 am CDT

Plastic is sick

Quote From: tripleh

About this guy Michael, he should accept the way his wife his. He actualy expects his wife to lose weight just to look like a super model, he should be asking her to lose weight to make herself feel better and live a long good healthy life. Instead he judges her the way she looks. Talk about a lowlife and hey, I know a very good few low lifes myself. I know this one guy who broke up with his girlfriend OVER THE PHONE!!!! and a similar story to this guy Michael. Guys like Michael, they just want everything to be perfect and to have things to run smoothly and not deal with their spouse or they'll come up with an excuse just to create conflict. I say the best way to deal with guys like Michael is to simply walk away. Just to make them bag on their knee's and they say "I won't do it again, I promise" but would they?
I wasn't really trying to reply to this last message I'm new on the internet. So this is the only way I knew how to put in my two cents. I am disgusted by women these days. I'm not too shabby myself. It's not about jealousy. These women are doing nothing but putting all of us down. I work really hard to be recognized for something other than what I look like. Men constantly asking me out. I won't go out with anyone knowing that they are only interested in me because of my appearance. I also have bipolar disorder so I am not going to subject myself to any man who is just after my bod. They'll be in for a big suprise and soon be looking for the next hot broad they can find. So you can be as sexy as you want men are what they are and your sexy body will never be enough to keep them from wandering. Trust me,I know

April 5, 2006, 11:17 am CDT

right on

Quote From: juliebgg

Why is it always the wife that has to look like a model, be thin and look like she is forever 18?  Here is the old double standard again.  How many times do we see guys that have let themselves go and don't do anything about it, but expect the wife to lose weight and look perfect? So hypocritical!!
Men do have so many double standards. I for one am totally fed up. I have been single every since my overweight husband left me in 96. God knows how in the same year he was married to me he found another attractive woman and decided to go for it. I am now friends with him as we do have children together. But anyway on to this topic. Plastic women are taking us back into the era of women are to be seen and not heard. By God, it may not be in my day and age but someday women will be heard. I wish I could get a group started. This revolution has to start somewhere. Men are sick. They roam about the earth doing not much of anything But boy do they expect alot. Women have got to stop trying so hard to be looked at by men. These plastics are only attracting the sickest of all. Do they think they are achieving true love. Blah, what a joke. What are they going to do when all the plastic slides south with their skin. Bottom line is that there is always someone cuter lerking around the next corner and given the chance any man will pounce. Like it or not Dems da brakes. Gotta love it.

April 5, 2006, 1:24 pm CDT

drama

remember that all that is on the show is not completely 100% correct.  It is TV.  All men would love for their wives to look like a model.  If they say they don't they are lying.  I don't blame the man on here I blame the media and Hollywood.  If it weren't for the half naked women showing off all they have on TV, men wouldn't have anything to compare their wives to.  Its like someone sets a nice chocolate cake in front of you everyday and you get to look at it and smell it and then you get to eat and you are given a Oreo cookie.  If you never saw the cake you wouldn't have anything to compare the Oreo to and would be satisfied.  The other problem is that the chocolate cake is fake and empty, but the Oreo is real tasty.  But visually the cake looks better. The problem is we are human, and the Bible says the eyes are never satisfied.  I believe all men have a disadvantage, God made them visual it is our Hollywood and other media influences that really stumble these men. 

April 5, 2006, 2:15 pm CDT

Hollywood

Quote From: rubitulip

remember that all that is on the show is not completely 100% correct.  It is TV.  All men would love for their wives to look like a model.  If they say they don't they are lying.  I don't blame the man on here I blame the media and Hollywood.  If it weren't for the half naked women showing off all they have on TV, men wouldn't have anything to compare their wives to.  Its like someone sets a nice chocolate cake in front of you everyday and you get to look at it and smell it and then you get to eat and you are given a Oreo cookie.  If you never saw the cake you wouldn't have anything to compare the Oreo to and would be satisfied.  The other problem is that the chocolate cake is fake and empty, but the Oreo is real tasty.  But visually the cake looks better. The problem is we are human, and the Bible says the eyes are never satisfied.  I believe all men have a disadvantage, God made them visual it is our Hollywood and other media influences that really stumble these men. 
Any man who thinks that the Hollywood girls are real is off his rocker!  They are all spackled and airbrushed and bleached and wear the dark kohl eye make-up to hide where the false lashes are attached.  So what these guys are looking at and comparing everyone else to is just plain fake. To expect one's wife to live up to this false image is ridiculous.  Any man who doesn't value what's inside a woman(and I bet plenty of the Hollywood chicks are pretty hollow) isn't worth the time of day.

April 5, 2006, 3:36 pm CDT

hollywood

unfortunately a lot of men do think that the girls on film and in magazines are real.  Women understand they arent because we know what it would take to look like that.  Men dont.  They think its just taking care of yourself.  It is real sad.  But again I blame the media.  Men are this way because God made them visual beings.  Hollywood has just taken that and ran with it.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last