Message Boards

Topic : 07/21 Settle This

Number of Replies: 357
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 07, 2006, 10:04:37 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/10/06) Are you and your spouse caught in a never-ending battle over who's right? DrPhil.com users wrote in about the biggest problems in their relationships. Heather says her biological clock is a ticking time bomb, but her husband, Steve, says they aren't ready for a baby. What does Dr. Phil think? Then, Roberta has been trying to get her husband to work on their relationship by reading one of Dr. Phil's books, but he refuses. Will he have an excuse after the show? And, Rita is asking her husband, Jeff, "Where's the romance?" Jeff says after eight years of marriage, he shouldn't have to wine and dine his wife. Will they meet in the middle? Plus, should a husband have to give up his testosterone toy, and how do you decide how big your wedding should be? Dr. Phil steps in to decide who's right once and for all. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 29, 2006, 7:58 pm CST

bills

my husband says to put my pay check one of them a month towards one debt and until that one is payed off i on the other hand wonder if i should put ex( 3000 bill put 300 and 2000 bill put 200 etc.  which one is right please help?

October 31, 2006, 10:46 pm CST

07/21 Settle This

Quote From: flthomcat

I was an atheist for over a decade. I believe I was the center of my universe. That made me self-sentered and driven by what feels good, not necessary what is right for me or best for society.  

I have known many atheists...many very nice ones. But none were very happy. They were constantly searching for something they never found.  

Making the "self feel good" is not what should be the center of your life. Making others feel good will bring you far more peace and happiness than always being in control and in the center.  

I have been on both sides of the issue and I can tell you that my life is SO wonderful now that I follow the teachings of Christ (which are beautiful and proven to work when followed). Hopefully you will one day find what you are searching for and hopefully it will be God. Good luck. 

I know it's been months, but I never saw this post and I wanted to respond.

You need to know that I too have been on both sides of this issue and I have never been more fulfilled than I am now. I feel more complete and more clear headed as an atheist than I EVER was as a Christian.

The center of my world is empathy. I am far less self focused than I ever was as a Christian.

January 27, 2007, 7:46 am CST

rude awakening

When i married my husband i was not aware how intertwined his mother was in his life. She is a lovely woman, and one of the things that attracted me to my husband was their obvious good relationship and how he honored his mom. What i did not know until the day before marrying him was that they lived in a huge house and the one we were moving into together was a third as big. Well after living with him and her now for two years i am sick of it... i love my husband but living with his mom, even tho she is a really nice person is NOT WORKING FOR ME... unfortunately i'm finding out most of the finances that paid for our current home came from her in exchange (i didn't know these details until today) for living with us for as long as she could... well, now i'm even more desperate to get out of this arrangement !! i feel like a first-class idiot, there is no way i would've agreed to this had i known all the details...

April 11, 2007, 11:26 pm CDT

Waiting..

I assume that there is always one partner who is ready for children before the other partner.  I am ready for children now but my husband is not ready.  So I have to wait for him.  I just hate the fact that I have already waited for two years and he's still not ready.  But he finally gave me a date (December 2007) when we can start trying. :)

July 5, 2007, 7:35 pm CDT

Were you really a Christian?????

Quote From: purplepenny

I know it's been months, but I never saw this post and I wanted to respond.

You need to know that I too have been on both sides of this issue and I have never been more fulfilled than I am now. I feel more complete and more clear headed as an atheist than I EVER was as a Christian.

The center of my world is empathy. I am far less self focused than I ever was as a Christian.
You say you are more complete & clear headed than you were as a Christian. I just have to ask........were you really a Christian? Would you describe how you became a Christion and/or what it was that made you think youe were one? 

October 14, 2007, 9:22 am CDT

Waht to do

Quote From: sexdolphin

my husband says to put my pay check one of them a month towards one debt and until that one is payed off i on the other hand wonder if i should put ex( 3000 bill put 300 and 2000 bill put 200 etc.  which one is right please help?
The "experts" say to pay the minimum required on all bills exept the bill with the highest intrest. On that one you pay as much as possible. Once it's paid off you take the next highest and continue till they're all paid. Of course you;ll just be treading water if you don;t stop spending.

November 6, 2008, 3:58 pm CST

I AGREE

Quote From: purplepain

Wow...these women aren't uneducated, they just want to have babies when it's safest. That is SMART because pregnancy and birth isn't easy. I think they are SMART for wanting to do this when thier bodies are at thier prime for such an activity.  And no one here is under 20 saying they should have a baby now....so that is moot.

I wanted to have my kids before 30 cause I simply didn't want to be raising kids after 50. I think that is also smart...FOR ME. I have plans for the rest of my life thank you.

I'm glad having a baby after 30 worked for you but it certainly isn't the way for me and many others.

I want to go to college and have a "meaningful" career too but I don't want it interupted by baby making. So I am having babies young, while my body can handle it and going to school and having a career later.

To each his own, but don't call people uneducated because the want to do things in a way that biology suggests. LOL

I AGREE, THAT WAS THE RUDEST REPLY I'VE EVER HEARD. ID BE SURPRISED IF THEY EVEN TOOK HER ADVICE AFTER ALL SHE SAID. THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE HELPFUL YES, HURTFUL, NO.

First | Prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | Next Page | Last Page