Message Boards

Topic : 04/11 What Are You Afraid Of?

Number of Replies: 223
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 07, 2006, 10:06:42 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Your heart starts to pound. You start to shake. You begin to sweat. You feel faint ... What is it that scares the heck out of you? It may seem ridiculous and irrational to others, but fears and phobias can keep you from living life to the fullest. Donna is terrified of scary movies, but her husband really wants to watch them together. Get a sneak preview of Dr. Phil's most recent "scary" experience. Will it lighten Donna's view of horror films? Also, how do you get over a fear of costumed characters, cotton, or aliens? Plus, a celebrity's near-death experience turned his whole life around. What are you afraid of? Tell us.

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 28, 2006, 9:54 pm CDT

Scary 4

Quote From: BrianX29

Hello   

Thanks for the reply. It was good seeing you on the show. Remember its just all acting...   

I did go and see Scary Movie 4. Aside from the movie, I found ticket prices amazingly expensive. I paid 9.00 for my tickey plus popcorn was 6.00 a bag and small cokes started about 4 bucks. Lets just leave out the combo meals. That is just crazy, but worth it.   

Dr. Phil did play a very good part with SHAQ. The only thing was that I wish it lasted longer, or Dr. Phil come in in other parts of the film. That would have been really awesome if he was in the movie more.  Maybe we'll see him again in another movie .  

The movie was funny in other ways. The little girl being swooshed off by the car door, and she was swooshed off in other parts of the film which was FUNNY. The Guy in the backyard cutting Duraflame Logs. The funny part of that was that those logs are cheap and already pre-cut in store, and that fool was out back  cutting them with an axe .  

See Ya  

Brian  

hey-   We totally agreed. The movie would have been even better if Dr. Phil showed up more in the movie.  It has been #1 at the box office, so thats good. I have to say the experience in New York was awesome! They were really great to us!

April 30, 2006, 8:42 am CDT

Scary Movie 4 (Reply 2)

Quote From: scary5

hey-   We totally agreed. The movie would have been even better if Dr. Phil showed up more in the movie.  It has been #1 at the box office, so thats good. I have to say the experience in New York was awesome! They were really great to us!

GREAT! Its always good to agree 

What was it you got at the show was it a part in the movie to play, or the abitlity to attend a taping. 

April 30, 2006, 9:02 am CDT

Aliens (Reply)

Quote From: trndolvr

Okay, I was recently on the Dr Phil show because of my fear of aliens....it airs today.  So now I have a new fear....I AM SCARED TO DEATH about the show!  While I am definatelys cared of aliens and the thought terrifies me, I know that everyone is going to totally think I am a freak when they see the show.  Helps to hear what some of you are afraid of though....

I dont get how you can be afraid of aliens. Did you say you were abducted.  

When you overcome this fear. You should see the movie called A Fire in the Sky. I think its based on true events. About a guy being abducted by aliens. It shows how aliens treat him and what he goes through.  

Then he gets dropped off back home and it show how his life is changed after the abduction. I'm not sure but I think its based on a true story. Its also  a fairly old movie.  

May 8, 2006, 9:38 pm CDT

what I got....

Quote From: BrianX29

GREAT! Its always good to agree 

What was it you got at the show was it a part in the movie to play, or the abitlity to attend a taping. 

Dr. Phil show was fabulous.   My husband and I got to go to New York to attened the premier Red Carpet and all of scary4 with a complete makeover, and extensive free makeup to last 10 years!!! It was an awesome experience.  I also get a speaking part in Scary movie 5!  How nice of them to give me that!

May 10, 2006, 3:47 pm CDT

04/11 What Are You Afraid Of?

What I am deathly afraid of is throwing up...If it's me, it's not so bad...but when my children start throwing up I have an anxiety attack and need to take my medication for it. If I don't do that I can't function and help my children. The funny thing is that I am a pro at throwing up...I had morning sickness with both of my children and did it every morning for five months. Now...it's just way to frightening!

May 12, 2006, 6:36 pm CDT

Quote From: scary5

Dr. Phil show was fabulous.   My husband and I got to go to New York to attened the premier Red Carpet and all of scary4 with a complete makeover, and extensive free makeup to last 10 years!!! It was an awesome experience.  I also get a speaking part in Scary movie 5!  How nice of them to give me that!

Hi Donna  

Your trip to New York sounded really cool.  Do you know when Scary Movie 5 comes out?????  

Did you find that appearing on the Dr. Phil show, and the trip to the scary movie 4 premier help you get over that fear you had of scary movies??????????    

May 30, 2006, 1:17 pm CDT

away from bathroon

I am afraid to be anywhere where a toilet is not readily available.  When that happens, my fear will have my body shaking and I nearly pass out and for sure, I need to go...really really go and really really fast.  

For this reason, I hate being in airports, airplanes, grocery stores, anywhere where you may need to wait your turn or where you may need to walk awhile to get there.  

Any one else have this fear?  

June 29, 2008, 8:31 am CDT

Life interfereing FEAR!!!

I'm 39 years old and for as long as I can remember, I've had this extreme fear of snakes. I can't look at a picture, TV, or anything without my heart pounding, hyper-ventilating and feeling faint...once I almost blacked out! I have 4 kids and this totally interferes with life. I can't even go out in my back yard because one of the kids saw a snake there! I just wish I could overcome this phobia because it affects me in so many ways. I get migraines from stress of seeing them. When we go on vacation we can only do certain things and activities due to this! I can't even look at friends vacation pictures on facebook because there's always a snake around someone's neck!! PLEASE HELP ME DR. PHIL. PLEASE...PLEASE

August 8, 2008, 6:09 pm CDT

Can Someone Have a Fear of Success???

I sure hope I'm not the only one that feels this way...I'm coming up on my 54th birthday this September 11th and for as long as I can remember, I'd had a fear of success...I have no idea why...As an artist, I've done a number of different things in my life to be creative, share that creativity with others, and it's been good...To a point...As soon as I start to get extremely good at, validated on, or make money at anything I do well, I shrink away from it...I either withdraw completely from it or push it to a back burner and try to avoid it...I've even caught myself trying to sabotage whatever I'm doing well when other people start taking serious notice of it...Is it just me or do other people feel this too??? I've been a musician for many years, in bands that got well known but I quit when it looked like the band was gonna make it big...I designed Dream Catchers for people, one of a kinds and made great money doing it, but when some influential people noticed my talents, I stopped doing it completely...I painted watercolors that everyone wanted to buy right up, same thing, I completely stopped painting...Presently, I am a Professional Comedienne and getting very well know...I started to notice a few months ago that I have shyed away from good paying gigs and used the excuse of the high prices of gas to say NO to the shows offered...Not that the gas prices haven't been a problem for me travleing but some of the shows I've been offered would have paid well enough to more than cover the price of gas...I also make one of a kind Silver "Wire Wrapped" Jewelry and lately I'm selling pieces to men and women faster than I can make them...I am starting to shy awat from that too as more well known people in the entertainment industry have started asking for my jewlery pendants...I have NO idea why I do this, I'm not doing as well financially as I would like, bills do pile up, yet I always seem to withdraw for making any substantial amount of money doing what I do...PLEASE, is there anyone else who has these same problems??? It's extrememly frustrating...And confusing...

October 23, 2008, 11:57 am CDT

Haunted House Help

Seriously, I am terrified of haunted houses.  I know it is only people that are dressed up jumping out at you but, when I was a child we had a neighbor that played on my fears.  She would invite me over and tell me to see something in her room then lock the hall door and her big brothers would dress up and jump out at me and scare me.  One time they even locked me in their garage.  I know this fear is irrational and I have no problem with scary movies.  I really want to get over this fear so I can go to things like Knott's Scary Farm with my husband.  He really wants to go this year but I am not sure I can handle it.  Any suggestions? 

First | Prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next | Last