Message Boards

Topic : 04/11 What Are You Afraid Of?

Number of Replies: 223
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 07, 2006, 10:06:42 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Your heart starts to pound. You start to shake. You begin to sweat. You feel faint ... What is it that scares the heck out of you? It may seem ridiculous and irrational to others, but fears and phobias can keep you from living life to the fullest. Donna is terrified of scary movies, but her husband really wants to watch them together. Get a sneak preview of Dr. Phil's most recent "scary" experience. Will it lighten Donna's view of horror films? Also, how do you get over a fear of costumed characters, cotton, or aliens? Plus, a celebrity's near-death experience turned his whole life around. What are you afraid of? Tell us.

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 11, 2006, 9:26 am CDT

Maybe I'm just a freak

I've always been a tough little tomboy, but there's a few things that just scare me to DEATH.

First up: Grasshoppers.  Ugh!  Spiders are fun, I have pet rats, snakes are cool...but don't even THINK about getting a grasshopper near me!  Don't even show me a PICTURE of one of these nasty things or I'll freak out!  I once even passed out when one jumped on me.

Second: Dirt roads.  I live in central Oklahoma, so we have a LOT of these, but unless you wanna clean vomit out of your car, stick to the paved roads!  I go into a panic attack, I sweat, I get nauseous, and I've even passed out before.  I'm fine on roller coasters, but there's very little chance of a roller coaster skidding in the gravel, spinning out of control, and wrapping itself around a tree.

Third: Balloons.  Same as dirt roads.  I can't stand the thought of them popping, so I go into panic mode.  Unless you want a mess on your carpet, KEEP THEM AWAY.

Fourth: Pennies.  It's not so much a fear as a complete and utter loathing.  I hate the smell they leave on my hands.  Any copper, really, but pennies are the most abundant source, it seems.  If I hold a penny, I can't use enough soap to get that despicable stench off my hands.

April 11, 2006, 9:28 am CDT

My new fear

Okay, I was recently on the Dr Phil show because of my fear of aliens....it airs today.  So now I have a new fear....I AM SCARED TO DEATH about the show!  While I am definatelys cared of aliens and the thought terrifies me, I know that everyone is going to totally think I am a freak when they see the show.  Helps to hear what some of you are afraid of though....

April 11, 2006, 9:35 am CDT

The fear of being upside down

Yes I am deathly afraid of being on a carnival ride that puts you upside down. I refuse to get on any roller coasters that have a loop(or more). I wont go bungee jumping with friends. This fear started back when I was 10 years old and I fell off the monkey bars at school. I broke my wrist, but it made my fear for being upside down previalant.

April 11, 2006, 9:44 am CDT

Do not worry

Quote From: trndolvr

Okay, I was recently on the Dr Phil show because of my fear of aliens....it airs today.  So now I have a new fear....I AM SCARED TO DEATH about the show!  While I am definatelys cared of aliens and the thought terrifies me, I know that everyone is going to totally think I am a freak when they see the show.  Helps to hear what some of you are afraid of though....
  Don't be worried about what anyone thinks..you think yours is bad read mine...you will then know I'm the one that needs Dr.Phil....we are all card of some thing some are strange but all fears are real...

April 11, 2006, 9:53 am CDT

costume fears

I saw the preview on your show conerning unusal fears.  I am also VERY afraid of charature costumes. I can relate to your guest that has the same fear.  I am also asthmatic and get asthma attacks when i see them.  I have ended up in the ER with attacks from them.  Once when I was a teenager and they had just came out with Keebler  Magic Middles,  the Keebler Elf was following me thruout the store and i was hysterical and had to leave and ended up in the ER!   I cant even go to Disneyland or any where there might be these costumes, with my kids.  It breaks my heart to know that i cant do this. I have to have my family go tell them  to stay away if i find myself in a situation where there is one and my family has to walk with me to the door to leave while watching the costume and making sure its not too close to me.  I get so scared i cry and shake and sometimes i throw up.  so im glad im not the only one with this fear.  Thank you so much Dr Phil for doing this show.  Sincerely  Carol,  from OR

April 11, 2006, 9:56 am CDT

04/11 What Are You Afraid Of?

Quote From: allie44

Way I see it you may want to move out of the country.    There are many out there who are afraid of or dislike us.       

I am not happy with this country now.   We have become a crude, violent group of people .     Yet we will stand proud and tall to preserve our right of freedom to be crude and violent, kind and loving or any other way.       For that I will forever thank God and my country. 

I LOVE  AMERICA! I'm free to worship GOD pray go to church.. what more can one ask for.. I do agree things some times don't go the way i think they should but i know every one has an opinion on how things "should be" we all will never agree on how things should be done.

April 11, 2006, 9:56 am CDT

i am afraid of my self

about mine  

i am afraid of my self ....... i lost my trust in my self ..... i am a fraid thet i will never make it back  

then i am afraid of sharks croccodiles ( but i know that i can deffeete theses last 2 if i deffeted that one ( the trust in my self )  

April 11, 2006, 10:06 am CDT

stage stuff

im not share what im really afrade ofother then doing aneything on a stage thats all i know im really afrade of since my life is really boring theres no real point on exploring aneything about me exept the fact that i like coffee well thats it from me

April 11, 2006, 10:35 am CDT

Our Worst Fears

Quote From: pnl_36

Don't be worried about what anyone thinks..you think yours is bad read mine...you will then know I'm the one that needs Dr.Phil....we are all card of some thing some are strange but all fears are real...
After reading all these messages, I think what will get us all in the end is the thing we don't fear and will never see coming. 

April 11, 2006, 10:38 am CDT

One more thing...do any of you have this?

I have another bizarre fear (possibly.)  I have no problem with heights in general.  I love roller coasters, I like to hike, I love the view from the Blue Ridge Parkway ( a long, heavily travelled road that goes through the NC mountains.)  Here's the problem.  If I'm standing at a great height and I look down, I love it.  I love the views, I love the colors.  If I look UP at a great height, I get dizzy, my heart starts racing and I have to grab something for support.  Has anyone else ever had this, and would you classify this as a fear, because I don't feel necessarily scared, just temporarily out of sorts.  Just wondering.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last