Message Boards

Topic : 04/12 Dangerous Love

Number of Replies: 594
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 07, 2006, 10:09:03 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
If two people are truly in love, does anyone have the right to judge them? What if their relationship crosses moral boundaries? Jeremy, 16, is disturbed that his 45-year-old father, Chuck, is engaged to a 17-year-old girl who used to be his classmate. Chuck says he wants to spend the rest of his life with Michelle. The constant fighting in the house led to Jeremy moving out. Why did Michelle's mom allow her daughter to move in with Chuck? Did Chuck mislead her? See what Dr. Phil tells these parents they must do. Then, Angela is repulsed that her brother, Anthony, wants to marry their second cousin, Tosha. Anthony says he loves Tosha and nothing's going to stop their relationship from moving forward. Does Angela have a legitimate reason to be concerned? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 24, 2006, 5:14 am CDT

04/12 Dangerous Love

Quote From: latinlover

I have a problem with cousin's getting married. It is sick. There is a difference in family and someone you could spend the rest of your life together with. If they have children together something could be wrong with that child. Don't anyone read the bible.

you ask if we did read a bibie.i will ask you if you ever FIND any scriptures in the bible prohibiting that kind of relationship.can anyone tell me here that bible prohibiting that?

November 7, 2006, 4:49 pm CST

to bowers

Quote From: scribblets

My aunt and uncle are first cousins. They had two children; one's meek, stunted in growth (she and I were born same day, same year, I'm a foot and a half higher than she), mentally challenged, the rest of it. The older one is a genius, but he's also a textbook psychopath (bad combination, in my opinion). Connection, maybe?
 17 and early 20's are developmentally  important times in a women's life. Women change and an older man is able to control a woman of younger age. Believe me, I was an air-head until 25. Now, at 28, I'm more comfortable in my own skin, but I'm still figuring things out. FOOD FOR THOUGHT, GIRL: If he fell for you at such an inappriopriate age, what makes you think that it won't happen again. Maybe, he can't find older women attractive- like hugh hefner. Your time will come... because it must. 

April 7, 2007, 3:06 pm CDT

cousins marrying cousins right or wrong???

Quote From: scubadude

This post may appear to be a little late but the show just aired in Australia.

My wife and I are cousins and hav been together for almost 30 years, we have 3 wonderful children (all with 5 fingers & toes) and 2 of the most beautiful grandchildren you have ever seen.

I am 46 and my wife is 44. So if you do the maths we have been together since I was 16 and my wife was 14. That was when we first started dating as just friends.

We have been excised by several family members since it was known we were a couple.

Like most couples we have had our ups & downs, but us being cousins has never been a cause of concern. Our youngest daughter (15) is a bit freaked out by it when we told her, but she has come to terms with it.

We are still very much in love and have a very loving family which is becoming larger as the grandchildren start to pop out.

So, please give this young couple a chance and stop talking about them as if they were freaks.

i think it is ok for cousins to marry cousins if they are in love with each other deeply.... and people should not call them freaks just because their true love is realted to them doesnt mean taht cant be with them ... everyone deserves to be with their true love dont they so you shouldnt deny people from being in love with their special someone it doesnt matter who they turn up to be..... 

September 9, 2007, 11:02 pm CDT

Chuck and Michelle

Just an update on the 2 of us, we ended up moving up our wedding date. We got married Sept. 19th of 2006. We are doing better than ever, and my family has come around around quite a bit. Dr. Phil really helped us realized that nothing could tear us apart, and we became stronger together, even though at the time things were rough. The two boys are doing well, and everyone is getting along wonderfully. We have family outings, just the four of us, and love it. Hope you guys enjoyed the update.

Sincerely,

Michelle And Chuck

PS Thank you to everyone on here that supported and wrote to us. We appreciate the encouragement.

First | Prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | Next Page | Last Page