Message Boards

Topic : 07/26 The Dr. Phil Foundation Helping Kids

Number of Replies: 153
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 07, 2006, 10:15:10 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/14/06) The McGraw family and The Dr. Phil Foundation share a passion for supporting children in need and those in foster care. Meet some wonderful people who've opened their hearts and their wallets to help underprivileged children across the nation. Elaine is a 35-year-old single mother who has been a foster mom to over 50 kids. Her mission is to give unconditional love and support to every child who shows up on her doorstep, especially the hard-to-place children. She founded TYME ministries, an organization dedicated to meeting the needs of disadvantaged youth. See the amazing surprises Dr. Phil and Robin have for Elaine! Then, Zakiya recently became too old to qualify for foster care, and is desperate for a support network to help her stay on her feet. Plus, an inner-city teen sings the blues because her school's music program doesn't have the resources to help her reach her goals. Dr. Phil introduces her to someone who wants to help her become the shining star she was born to be. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 1, 2006, 1:32 pm CDT

Thanks to some very special people

I just want to thank you for recognizing foster parents. A lot of people say that people are foster parents for the money, but some people do it with love from their heart. My aunt and uncle has fostered many children in their life, but they have also adopted around 10 of those kids. They are very special parents. They have always kept brothers and sisters together. They would never take one child from a family without excepting all of the children of that family. They always have between 8-12 children at one time. Most of the children that they have adopted are now grown, but the love that my aunt and uncle have does not go away. Whenever they have room they always take in another child. i just wanted to say thanks to my aunt and uncle and to everyone that takes in children if it is by adopting or to be a foster parent. Thanks, Crystal May

August 7, 2006, 6:35 pm CDT

Helping kids

I felt so blessed to be at the right place and the right time to witness how Dr. Phil and his wife demonstrated what true philanthropy is all about.

May God bless and keep the Dr. Phil Foundation alive.

August 26, 2006, 12:19 pm CDT

Thank you

Quote From: redhead

With tears in my eyes I watched the show about the Dr. Phil Foundation.  God bless Dr. Phil, his family, and all the sponsors for the wonderful work they do for foster kids.  The beautiful lady with the 50 foster kids is amazing and what a great role model for her children, her community and the nation.  Zakiya, you have my love and respect for the amazing things you have done with your life.  Communities need strong woman as mentors and examples and you areone of them. 

Thank you for the wonderful story.  It restores faith that there are so many good, caring people in this country that go, day to day, doing awesome things unnoticed and unrecognized.  Thank you for bringing this public. 

Dr. Phil, I love your books and your show!!  Your great knowledge and grounded approach is so "right on".  You help more people that just the ones on your show.  Great work!!  

Hi,

Thank you for your beautiful words and I am glad my story touched you in a positive way.

First | Prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next Page | Last Page