Message Boards

Topic : 04/18 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Number of Replies: 290
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, April 13, 2006, 01:14:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil has reinforcements today – Robin joins him in answering your questions. First, Joan is single and in her 60s. She admits that she lies about her age while dating online, because she believes if she told the truth, she would only get responses from men in their 90s. Dr. Phil puts potential suitors to the test to see if Joan's theory is right. Next, Brian says it's time for his wife, Cristi, to stop dressing their son in “girlie,” “foo-foo outfits.” Did Dr. Phil disapprove of the way Robin dressed Jay and Jordan? Then, a mother of two insists on having girls’ night out, but her husband says that 4:00 a.m. is way too late to come home. What's really at the heart of their issue? And, a mother who took away the keys to her son’s motorcycle wants to know if she should give them back. Plus, does Dr. Phil ever do anything wrong? Robin spills his secrets. And, find out what beauty product Robin wears that stays on all day. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 17, 2006, 7:03 pm CDT

I think I know the answer.....

Quote From: tripleh

I have a question for anyone at all who know's the answer. What do you think is the best topic up for debate now days? I'm just wondering.

Immigration reform.  Infact, if you go down to "News and Current Events" you will find a board has already been posted.  And if you like to debate, there are also plenty other ones to choose from.  You can even create one. 

Hope this helps.

April 18, 2006, 12:56 am CDT

Dress him pretty!

OK, I'll admit, I'm not exactly sure what the show is about, but I already have to disagree with Dr. Phil.  There is obviously one woman on the show who's husband has issues with the fact that she dresses her baby boy "girly".  I want to tell her to go ahead and continue, hopefully some others will follow.  For some reason we Americans think we have to dress our girls in pink head to toe, and our boys like mini high school dropouts.  Take a look at the boys section in most mass retailers.  You'll find pants in a choice of: jeans, kakhis, navy and if you're lucky a green one.  Then you'll find shirts with trucks, shirts with dinosours, and possibly a camaflouge one.  First of all it's boring, second of all he'll be dressing like that when he's 10.  A baby should be in cute clothes.  I learned after my son was born that if I want him to look pretty I'll have to stick to European clothes for the most part.  I dressed him in the most adorable boys clothes I could find.  Shshshs: some even had flowers!  And you know what?  He turned out fine.  He's a wonderful well adjusted 8 year old, who likes "cool" clothes.  I like sweet, delicate clothes on babies, both boys and girls.  (If only the big retailers would carry nicer clothes for boys I wouldn't have had to spend that much money.)

April 18, 2006, 7:05 am CDT

Cute Show

To the 66-yr-old single woman. You appear to be a beautiful spirit, but lying is never beautiful. You are physically attractive, you have a bubbly personality and the men are correct; your eyes and smile shine! Lying is always ugly, regardless if we intend to hurt nobody. Be proud of your age; you are one in a million who look THAT GREAT at 66!!!

That poor boy. At 2.5 years of age, it appears his mother wants to keep him a baby. He'd be just as cute in a traditional boy's outfit AND he wouldn't face ridicule. He's getting too old to look like a pretty girl, Mom. Do what's best for him, not what's best for you. He's still be your darling child regardless!

Sad, sad, sad. The young woman with two kids who leaves her husband often to spend evenings (and sometimes entire nights) away doesn't even realize it's NOT about girl time. It's about not being best friends with her spouse! After 16 years of marriage, my husband and I WANT to be together for those fun times. We love and like eachother more than we love and like our friends! She's avoiding her marriage and it won't get better until both she and hubby work on their relationship. If it were a good one, she wouldn't want to be away from him so much! I do GIRLS NIGHT OUT 1-2x monthly (early dinner and shopping) and hubby plays golf w/ the guys 1-2x monthly. But the rest of the time, we WANT to be together!!! Her behavior speaks volumns about how she feels about her spouse and their realationship...sad, sad, sad.

April 18, 2006, 7:53 am CDT

Imappropriate clothing

I had hoped that this segment would be about the clothing that is marketed for little girls ( 12 and under).  This stuff looks like it is made for Jr. Prostitutes, my husbnd wouldn't even buy his 9 year old a Britney Spears C.D. at Christmas, because he doesn't want her to think it is okay to put her body on display.  Of course we have battles over this because "Britney is "so pretty" and we are just trying to make her (9 year old)  dress like a nerd". 

Do any of the other Mom's have this problem and how have you dealt with it? 

April 18, 2006, 8:01 am CDT

04/18 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Quote From: atzd123

OK, I'll admit, I'm not exactly sure what the show is about, but I already have to disagree with Dr. Phil.  There is obviously one woman on the show who's husband has issues with the fact that she dresses her baby boy "girly".  I want to tell her to go ahead and continue, hopefully some others will follow.  For some reason we Americans think we have to dress our girls in pink head to toe, and our boys like mini high school dropouts.  Take a look at the boys section in most mass retailers.  You'll find pants in a choice of: jeans, kakhis, navy and if you're lucky a green one.  Then you'll find shirts with trucks, shirts with dinosours, and possibly a camaflouge one.  First of all it's boring, second of all he'll be dressing like that when he's 10.  A baby should be in cute clothes.  I learned after my son was born that if I want him to look pretty I'll have to stick to European clothes for the most part.  I dressed him in the most adorable boys clothes I could find.  Shshshs: some even had flowers!  And you know what?  He turned out fine.  He's a wonderful well adjusted 8 year old, who likes "cool" clothes.  I like sweet, delicate clothes on babies, both boys and girls.  (If only the big retailers would carry nicer clothes for boys I wouldn't have had to spend that much money.)

We have a 10 month old baby girl . My husband does not like to have her frilly all the time so we COMPROMISE ! Thats what the couple needs to do .  But there is a double standard in this country  that applies to not only baby clothes but many other things as well . It is not "socially acceptable" for a male child to wear flowers and frilly things but it is ok for a female child to wear blue ... go figure.

And i agree with you -- the boys section for clothes is horrible!

April 18, 2006, 8:05 am CDT

You made me laugh

Quote From: jettav

Very inspiring. I and my hubby have been married for 13 years and we love each other. Of course we have our down times but we seem to always be able to pick each other/ourselves up and continue on this wonderful journey of marriage.....One of the songs that was sung at our wedding was " I will be here" it is a A Christian song and the words are so real even today and many times he has proven himself true to this. We only dated a year before we arried, I knew within the first month of dating that he was the one for me, he wasn't sure but I sure was. :)...............................................................And I agree, I too wish all spouses could feel tis way about one another, I honestly believe divorce for the most part is a cop out and people marry for the worng reasons, unfortuanetly, the committment just isn't like it should be, but I am thankful for the husband that I have, I am blessed.

I had to chuckle as I read your post.  My husband and I dated about a year and a half before we got married. I knew within a week of meeting him that he was the "man for me" and I went into full attack mode.  I had my nails done (fingers and toes) I had my hair done, I got my eyeborws waxed, you get the picture.  The poor guy never had a chance.  When we were dating I just couldn't imagine ever getting angry at my little snookums guess what.................... I have been plenty angry at him over the years but we never even thought of throwing in the towel, the D word is never even mentioned at our house.

We've been married almost 2 years now and we had our first baby in January.  I am still just as in love with him as I was in the beginning.

April 18, 2006, 10:39 am CDT

About the questions

1. The wife that is out til 4AM - in my opinion that is totally inappropriate unless you are with your husband. I do tons of things with my friends and w/o my husband but going to a singles bar is not one of them. The only time I come home past 12 is when I am scrapbooking and the crop ends at 12. 

2. The mom of the young man with the motorcycle - he's an adult, give him the keys to his motorcycle.  

3. The young man with the motorcycle - take some lessons where you can learn how to get the most out of your machine without crashing, get proper safety equipment and remember that you can't drive a motocycle like you do a car. They are totally different animals.  

4. What lip gloss does Robin use? I am in CA and won't see the show til 8PM. I need to know if I need to do shopping on my way home.  

5. How did Dr. Phil wreck two of his wife's cars?  

Thanks! 

April 18, 2006, 11:36 am CDT

Homelessness

Dear Dr. Phil,
I was ust woundering about something.  How is a homeless person to get help when no one wants to help them? I mean Does everyone think that everyone that lives on the street asks to be there? Does everyone think that ALL people that are homeless do drugs and drinks wine coolers, beer, and so on?

Ok cause here is the thing. my boyfriend and I have been homeless and living from one place to another and the thing that gets me is that everyone thinks it's easy and that a person can get a job with in a couple days.  The other thing I can't get is that with the Social Scerity Disability thing is that people that lie and say they can't work are usually the ones that can but yet when there is someone that actually can't work in the work field they have one heack of a battle to try to get it. I know 2 people where I live who I know can actually work. I mean they have no phyical or mental disabilities and they can keep reciving their checks each month and here is my boyfriend who can't work at all fighting for his life to get it and they keep denying him like crazy.  I just don't get why  the people who are honest about stuff  just don't get  any where in life and no one won't help them, but yet  all the people that lies all the time  always get what they want.

Dr. Phil  I just don't understand all of this. Please Help.  The good honest Christian get's  nothing when they need help but a sinner  who lies to get stuff  always get  what they ask  from who ever they  ask.  When will the merical of my boyfriend and I get the help that we need?  The only ones I see getting any help are the people that either has kids or already have money and have no values in their life.  Any info. out there on all or any of this I would like to know and be able to understand all of this. Any info I can get would be nice.  PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Thanks Dr. Phil

April 18, 2006, 12:08 pm CDT

Old but still under warranty

I sympathize with Joan who lies about  her age on dating web sites. I do the same. I am 62 and I refuse  to say that I am older than 59. I tried match.com, yahoo and several others. Like Joan, if I didn't lie I would get mail from ladies a lot older than me. Not my thing! Joan, keep doing what you're doing. If your potential date and you click, you can spring the surprise on him.

April 18, 2006, 12:12 pm CDT

Men and Women

I  have heard men fall in love with their eyes and  women fall in love with their ears. Who cares if Joan tells a white lie to get what she wants. I  don't look at  this as dishonest. I have and do the same. As soon as contact is made, I do tell the truth though. She can then decide if she wants to go further. No big deal!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last