Message Boards

Topic : 04/18 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Number of Replies: 290
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, April 13, 2006, 01:14:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil has reinforcements today – Robin joins him in answering your questions. First, Joan is single and in her 60s. She admits that she lies about her age while dating online, because she believes if she told the truth, she would only get responses from men in their 90s. Dr. Phil puts potential suitors to the test to see if Joan's theory is right. Next, Brian says it's time for his wife, Cristi, to stop dressing their son in “girlie,” “foo-foo outfits.” Did Dr. Phil disapprove of the way Robin dressed Jay and Jordan? Then, a mother of two insists on having girls’ night out, but her husband says that 4:00 a.m. is way too late to come home. What's really at the heart of their issue? And, a mother who took away the keys to her son’s motorcycle wants to know if she should give them back. Plus, does Dr. Phil ever do anything wrong? Robin spills his secrets. And, find out what beauty product Robin wears that stays on all day. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 18, 2006, 12:17 pm CDT

04/18 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Quote From: mistyc

I had hoped that this segment would be about the clothing that is marketed for little girls ( 12 and under).  This stuff looks like it is made for Jr. Prostitutes, my husbnd wouldn't even buy his 9 year old a Britney Spears C.D. at Christmas, because he doesn't want her to think it is okay to put her body on display.  Of course we have battles over this because "Britney is "so pretty" and we are just trying to make her (9 year old)  dress like a nerd". 

Do any of the other Mom's have this problem and how have you dealt with it? 

Britney Spears is beautiful but a lot of times she puts herself out there appearing loose. No father in his right mind wants a man to look at his little girl the way they look at Britney. She leaves nothing to the imagination. You can dress sexy without looking slutty. Sorry I am on his side. No 9 year old should dress like Britney Spears or seek to emulate her in any way shape or form. Nothing wrong with wearing some of the latest styles but she is 9 she should look like she is 9.

April 18, 2006, 12:32 pm CDT

Joan's Dilema

I want to know more about  the one guy that was looking at Joan's picture backstage.  The younger looking one with the dark hair!  If she doesn't want him.....I'd like to meet him!

April 18, 2006, 12:34 pm CDT

Today's show

George is an adult, he has the right to drive his bike..I agree though with Dr. Phil that George should perhaps take lessons on how to better handle the bike..Lillian I believe was out of line to hide the keys to his motorcycle, she has the right to express her opinion but not the right to tell him what sort of bike he should buy

April 18, 2006, 12:34 pm CDT

why do I do that?

I'm 28 and I've been married twice. Both spouses cheated on me which ended in divorce. Now I am with a man that I have know for 8yrs. He treats me with respect, lets me talk about whatever is on my mind, and has been honest with me. However I have cheated on him in the past. I am vulnerable and have put myself in bad spots that could lead up to cheating.  Ive been lucky enough that he has forgiven me. Am I doing this because I have had it done to me? I need to make it stop. Any advice?

April 18, 2006, 12:50 pm CDT

Quote From: mistyc

I had to chuckle as I read your post.  My husband and I dated about a year and a half before we got married. I knew within a week of meeting him that he was the "man for me" and I went into full attack mode.  I had my nails done (fingers and toes) I had my hair done, I got my eyeborws waxed, you get the picture.  The poor guy never had a chance.  When we were dating I just couldn't imagine ever getting angry at my little snookums guess what.................... I have been plenty angry at him over the years but we never even thought of throwing in the towel, the D word is never even mentioned at our house.

We've been married almost 2 years now and we had our first baby in January.  I am still just as in love with him as I was in the beginning.

I just wanted to say that I am so happy to hear that there are marriages out there that are happy. I have been married for 2 years and I knew the night I met him that he was the one.  Not that everything has been roses, but there has never been any fight that would justify a divorce or seperation. In a time where people take their vows so carelessly, I am proud to say that I have a wonderful marriage and strive for that every single day.  So kudos to you and everyone else that works so hard to have a wonderful marriage.

April 18, 2006, 1:15 pm CDT

Robins lipgloss

What was the  lipgloss she uses, and where can you get it?

April 18, 2006, 1:29 pm CDT

Oh GOOD GRIEF

I am posting in regards to the dad and mom in disagreement for the way she dresses her little 2 1/2 year old boy.  First off, Dr Phil AND Robin,  to be fair,  you guys live in TEXAS and though you consider yourself southerners, Texans do not look at things like others in the South, such as Memphis, Atlanta, etc.  The gentility etc is definitely not the Texas way of life  How do I know,? I am married to a Texan and we LIVE in Memphis, TN and having a husband who was career Navy, we lived in VA, TN, CA, NM AND TX so I have experience on both ends besides the fact I am a Yankee girl from South Bend, IN.  My little boy was dressed in the same adorable seersucker shortalls and I hope the dad reads this because my son is now 33 years old, 6'6" and a black belt in JuiJitSu and just won a national tournament for heavyweights in Jui Jit Su.  He had a daddy that was a Sailor while he was little and my husband never was embarrassed by the way MY Jay was dressed.  On the other side of the coin, I didn't put him in the knee socks kind of outfit everyday. He also wore OshKosh by Gosh overalls and little Buster Brown Tshirts.  I think a little compromise would work wonders here.  Mom, dress him for Church in the fancy outfits and downplay it for everyday.  Once he gets to be over 3 I think total little boy clothes need to become the norm!

April 18, 2006, 1:33 pm CDT

Woman who dresses her little boy

I think he looks adorable!  Keep dressing him how you are, he's so cute!!!!

April 18, 2006, 1:35 pm CDT

"SISSY CLOTHES"

i JUST HAD TO WRITE TO THE COUPLE WHO DISAGREE OVER THE CLOTHING SYLE FOR THIER SON.  I AM A CHILDREN'S CUSTOM CLOTHING DESIGNER OF OVER 20 YEARS.  I DESIGN AND CREATE CLOTHING LIKE SHE WANTS HER SON TO WEAR.  I DRESSED MY SON IN LACE AND PINTUCKS AND THE JON JONS UNTIL HE WAS 4 YEARS OLD.  THE OLDER WOMEN AT CHURCH ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HE WOULD GROW UP TO BE THE BIGGEST SISSY IN FOUR COUNTIES.  MY DEAR SON IN NOW 23 YEARS OLD, WEIGHT 230 POUNDS, 6 FOOT 3 INCHES AND IS A PROFESSIONAL BULL FIGHTER IN PBR RODEOS.  HE DOESN'T HAVE A SISSY BONE IN HIS BODY.  HE WAS ALL BOY FROM BIRTH AND CONTINUES TO BE SUPER MACHO EVEN NOW.  HE HAS NOT SUFFERED FROM THE TOP QUALITY CLOTHING HE WORE AS A LITTLE BOY.  HE DOESN'T ENJOY THE PICTURES FROM THOSE DAYS BUT IN NO WAY DID IT EFFECT HIS PERSONALITY AS A MAN.  ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN!!!    

April 18, 2006, 1:35 pm CDT

Quote From: jade56031

I'm 28 and I've been married twice. Both spouses cheated on me which ended in divorce. Now I am with a man that I have know for 8yrs. He treats me with respect, lets me talk about whatever is on my mind, and has been honest with me. However I have cheated on him in the past. I am vulnerable and have put myself in bad spots that could lead up to cheating.  Ive been lucky enough that he has forgiven me. Am I doing this because I have had it done to me? I need to make it stop. Any advice?
probably insecurity and thinking that you are not worthy. Seems to be the thinking of those who have been abused or mistreated in any way, shape or form. I would suggest open communication with your husband now, be honest and open with him and go running home to HIM when the urgesa re there to cheat. Also some good counseling canhelp you get to the root of your problem, ask your husband to go with you to help you through this..................

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last