Message Boards

Topic : 04/18 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Number of Replies: 290
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, April 13, 2006, 01:14:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil has reinforcements today – Robin joins him in answering your questions. First, Joan is single and in her 60s. She admits that she lies about her age while dating online, because she believes if she told the truth, she would only get responses from men in their 90s. Dr. Phil puts potential suitors to the test to see if Joan's theory is right. Next, Brian says it's time for his wife, Cristi, to stop dressing their son in “girlie,” “foo-foo outfits.” Did Dr. Phil disapprove of the way Robin dressed Jay and Jordan? Then, a mother of two insists on having girls’ night out, but her husband says that 4:00 a.m. is way too late to come home. What's really at the heart of their issue? And, a mother who took away the keys to her son’s motorcycle wants to know if she should give them back. Plus, does Dr. Phil ever do anything wrong? Robin spills his secrets. And, find out what beauty product Robin wears that stays on all day. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 14, 2006, 9:06 am CDT

04/18 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

I became a bit excited when I first saw the topic "Dr Phil Helping Kids..." and hurriedly clicked on the message board.  Had DR Phil answered my request?   But, then, although this is a very excellent attribute and contribution to our society to help children who need adoption, or who need help in any form or fashion. 

I had requested a while back that the Child Abuse Message Boards be advertised or in some way accessible from the main page.  My intentions were at least to un hide the child abuse message boards and set them out front!  I am not being critical in any manner, sincerely.

I have been engaged in the fight against Child Abuse Campaign for sometime now, and this has been a passion of mine for a long time.  I am currently 46 years of age, and not in the best of health.  But I wanted to attempt to do something to raise AWARENESS, and to try to spark a campaign against child abuse.  It was on the Depression Sight where I began, and then I requested a messaged board to be set up and called it "A Child's Voice Connection..." which is under news and current events.

I have noticed another message board or two that deals with the same issue.  Can we not put a main topic under Family or Children?  Or something that will make these message boards dealing with Child Abuse more accessible and so that visitors will be aware of their existence?

Sincerely,

djmatt AKA djphil

April 15, 2006, 12:30 pm CDT

I'm confused.  Am I the only one who has posted here?  Is this to ask DR Phil and Robin Any questions?  Am I just seeing my posts and not others?

Will I receive a response to my post?

I am reading the topic "Ask DR. Phil and Robin."  I take this as asking anything about any topic?

If so, I have some health related issues of which I would like to ask your advice. 

Can someone please reply to this message in order to clarify these questions?

God Bless,

djmatt

April 15, 2006, 1:21 pm CDT

I suppose no harm will come to asking a few questions?

I am a 46 year old male and have been a member of your site for several months.  I began posting on the "Depression" message board, and then as I have already stated, I eventually requested a message board be set up regarding child abuse.  It's called "A Child's Voice Connection.." under "News and Current Events".

Having said this, obviously for me to have found the Depression message board I am dealing with depression.  More specifically, Major Depressive Disorder, along with Anxieties, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia or Diffuse Pain Syndrome, and on top of all of this, I am experiencing complications from a neck surgery which was done in August, 2005.

I have been deemed not able to work by my employer, but I was released to return to work with no restrictions in February, 2006.  Although I am still suffering from severe pains in my neck, (not my wife,,ha ha ), in my shoulder areas, and pains and numbness radiating into my arms and hands.  In summary, contrary to the doctor's opinion, I experience pain from tilting my head down, and I have tried to convince my doctor of this, but after the last visit in February, they basically threw me away, and refused to believe or to treat or do further studies related to my pains.

Other symptoms are morning paralysis which varies in severity.  But most mornings I am incapacitated until late in the day.  I feel I have been sentenced to this life of pain and depression with the doctors telling me there's nothing else they can do.  This has devastated my life, and caused severe stress on our entire family situations.  I know my wife is discouraged and somewhat depressed because of the long-term health issues that have prevented me from participating in life's activities to any degree of normality.

My employer has pushed me to the side, and although I am currently still receiving some benefits, I contacted, or attempted to contact three individuals after the February visit.  I was able to reach only one, who told me that he did not want me coming back to work if I was still in pain, he wants me to be well.  Two other individuals never returned my calls, one of whom this individual instructed me to contact.

I do not know my status with this company, and I am scared to death of losing my job and/or benefits.  I have tried hard to get a home based business started to no avail.  I have lost money for three years straight, and the IRS will not recognize the third year.  I am in the fourth year of losses. 

I have grave difficulty dealing with the little things in life, and am very unmotivated, and worry and fear constantly.  I miss doctor's appointments because some days I just cannot get up and go, and other days I may not have reliable transportation.  My time has been consumed by first my incapacitation of about 60 to 80% of the time, and trying to find answers to my health issues, as well as attempting to get some kind of business started in order to secure our financial situation.

I seem to fail at everything.  I realize this is a direct result of my health issues.  I also believe that years of harassment and ill treatment by my employer, specifically or mainly my supervisor, and others, which I feel is based solely on my disabilities; these events have adversely affected my health over time.  I strongly feel that the impact of the continuous abuse has broken the last straw of my ability to function normally as a human being.

My questions are:

• What resources are available to assist me in putting my life back together including my health, my financial situation and my ability to establish a reliable and sufficient means of income?
  • Should I continue my campaign against child abuse during the course of my attempts to deal with these other issues?
  • My son just called me while I was typing this to inform me that my wife's car is broken down again.....What can I do to get my finances in order and get my credit re-established in order for my wife and myself to have reliable transportation? 

Many people do not understand the difficulties one faces with depression, and how it affects things such as concentration, decision making, impulsive spending or decision making, etc.  Despite the fact that we have a decent income currently, I never know from pay period to pay period, I have mismanaged money seriously and not realizing the impact or repercussions.  And it's not lavish spending; it's going to three different places and buying small insignificant things that just add up.  And before I  know it, bam! I can't make our payments, much less afford any new payments.

DR Phil and Robin, do you or your team have any suggestions?  Please keep in mind that I have serious impairments with concentration and the other issues afore stated.

djmatt

April 15, 2006, 4:47 pm CDT

djmatt

Quote From: djmatt

I'm confused.  Am I the only one who has posted here?  Is this to ask DR Phil and Robin Any questions?  Am I just seeing my posts and not others?

Will I receive a response to my post?

I am reading the topic "Ask DR. Phil and Robin."  I take this as asking anything about any topic?

If so, I have some health related issues of which I would like to ask your advice. 

Can someone please reply to this message in order to clarify these questions?

God Bless,

djmatt

The show topic on 4/18 is called Ask Dr. Phil and Robin. They both will be answering questions that viewers sent them via our e-mail forms, this message board is primarily to discuss the topics presented on the show. Dr. Phil will not be answering questions posted on the message board, to send him or Robin a question you can use the following forms.

Please be aware, because of the number of responses we receive each day, unfortunately not every e-mail can be answered personally. Be assured that the producers do however, read each submission carefully. If a producer is interested in following up with you, you may receive a phone call or an e-mail response.

Ask Dr. Phil:
http://www.drphil.com/plugger/respond/?plugID=9163

Ask Robin:
http://www.drphil.com/plugger/respond/?plugID=9275

April 16, 2006, 12:48 am CDT

Quote From: DrPhilBoard1

The show topic on 4/18 is called Ask Dr. Phil and Robin. They both will be answering questions that viewers sent them via our e-mail forms, this message board is primarily to discuss the topics presented on the show. Dr. Phil will not be answering questions posted on the message board, to send him or Robin a question you can use the following forms.

Please be aware, because of the number of responses we receive each day, unfortunately not every e-mail can be answered personally. Be assured that the producers do however, read each submission carefully. If a producer is interested in following up with you, you may receive a phone call or an e-mail response.

Ask Dr. Phil:
http://www.drphil.com/plugger/respond/?plugID=9163

Ask Robin:
http://www.drphil.com/plugger/respond/?plugID=9275

Ok, now I feel stupid.  Sorry.

Should these posts be deleted?

April 16, 2006, 6:00 pm CDT

National question day

Hey.  I can't wait to see this show.  I wish I could ask them questions without haveing to give away personal info such as my phone number and address.  Why do they need to know that anyways??? I think they should just e-mail an answer to ya unless ya request to go on the show or something. If I could ask them something I would first ask Dr.Phil if he ever has a problem whare does he go for advice?? Does Dr.Phil ever get tired of what he does for a living?? Does he ever wake up one morning and say "ok I'm not goin to work today and nobody on earth can make me."  Has  Dr.Phil ever given up on someone and said "ok thats it! I cant help ya no more go away." or something to that effect?? I got over a million questions I'd love to ask them.

April 16, 2006, 8:43 pm CDT

How do I get over this need to overcome?

Dr. Phil and Robin:  30 years ago this month, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor called Craniopharyngioma.  Since that day, I have always lived life based upon what I was never supposed to do.  I was never supposed to pass the tenth grade in high school.  I was supposed to be in a nursing home by 21 and even dead by 24.  My first great achievement was graduating from high school at age 18.  My second great accomplishment was graduating from college at age 33.  Today, I'm a Special Education teacher.  Yet I still live with the same fears I developed as a child.  My dreams are to have financial security, which is coming, to have a family, which I may never have.  I live every day looking for the next  "Great Accomplishment" and struggle to live today just for today.  How do I drop the baggage of my past, and become open to the possibilities of the future?  How can I stop living in fear of what I might never do? 

April 17, 2006, 11:44 am CDT

Question

I have a question for anyone at all who know's the answer. What do you think is the best topic up for debate now days? I'm just wondering.

April 17, 2006, 5:02 pm CDT

That's right

Quote From: lioness901

Hey.  I can't wait to see this show.  I wish I could ask them questions without haveing to give away personal info such as my phone number and address.  Why do they need to know that anyways??? I think they should just e-mail an answer to ya unless ya request to go on the show or something. If I could ask them something I would first ask Dr.Phil if he ever has a problem whare does he go for advice?? Does Dr.Phil ever get tired of what he does for a living?? Does he ever wake up one morning and say "ok I'm not goin to work today and nobody on earth can make me."  Has  Dr.Phil ever given up on someone and said "ok thats it! I cant help ya no more go away." or something to that effect?? I got over a million questions I'd love to ask them.

I'm glad you made me think about all that because I wonder all those things, too. It's probably because we all see him get frustrated at times and scrunch his face all up in disgust at the people on the show. Then sometimes he looks right into the camera like the Home Alone kid for his,"How stupid can you get!" closeup.(I mean the show's guest is stupid.) He probably takes great beach vacations during rerun time.

April 17, 2006, 5:36 pm CDT

Quote From: djmatt

Ok, now I feel stupid.  Sorry.

Should these posts be deleted?

I don't think you should feel stupid at all.  I think it is great that you are able to express yourself openly like you do.  Keep up the good work and do not give up hope.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last