Message Boards

Topic : 07/06 Baby Wars

Number of Replies: 7224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, April 13, 2006, 01:22:17 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/21/06) Being a parent is hard enough, but what happens when Mom and Dad can't agree on how many kids to have, how to raise 'em and how to get ‘em to sleep?  Sometimes, it can lead to an all-out baby war! Matt's baby battle ended up in front of a judge and made headlines. He was ordered to pay child support for the baby he had with his ex-girlfriend, but he says he shouldn't have to cough up the money because she told him she wasn't able to get pregnant, and he told her he didn't want to be a father. He, his attorney, and the director of the National Center for Men discuss the lawsuit they filed, known as “Roe v. Wade for Men,” arguing that men should have a constitutional right to avoid fatherhood. Next, Dan says even though he and his wife, Lisa, already have four children, he wants just one more. Lisa has been pregnant on and off for 11 years and says she's closed for baby business. Will Dr. Phil help Dan see Lisa's point that four is enough? Then, a frustrated husband is camping out on the roof of his house and living in a tent. He refuses to go back to his bedroom until his wife moves their kids out of their bed and starts paying more attention to him. Can Dr. Phil get him to come down the ladder? Plus, a sleep expert has a simple method for getting your child to sleep through the night. See the plan in action! Share advice and talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 2, 2009, 12:39 pm CDT

Gloria Alred is totally wrong!

She just stated that men can "go to the foc and be able to see their child!" Believe me she is totally wrong-if they ask the court to do ANYTHING, they are sanctioned!!!!!

EVEN IF THEY ARE THE ONE WHO APPLUIED FOUR TIMES IN A REOW TO GAIN CUSTODY!

EVEN IF THE MOTHER MOVED 125 MILES AWAY LEAVING THE CHILD LIVING WITH THE FATHER AS THE CHILD HAS ALWAYS LIVED WITH THE CHILD.

GLORIA ALRED IS TOTALLY WRONG!

June 2, 2009, 3:15 pm CDT

Stop the B.S!

I am a women I have seen with own eyes girls tricking guys and becoming pregnant. For in expamle my sister in law did it to my brother. She told him that same BS line I can't pregnant that (funny as seeing they have three kids.) My brother was going to break up with her till she became pregnant we where brougt up to do the right thing so he married her, but he doesn't truly love her. Another story my old best friend trick her now ex husband before the where married she told him she was on birth control but wasn't and got pregnant. Now he has to pay 650 a month does that sound fair. Yes sex a two way street but if one of lied he should not have to pay.

June 2, 2009, 4:55 pm CDT

Dead beat dad

This guy dosnt deserve that sweet little boy!   Poor kid looks exactly like him too.

However, i think if he truely didnt want a child he shouldnt have had sex, shouldnt have trusted her to take control of the issue, shouldnt have gone off without a condom on and should have pulled out before he came.  Guys like him are all alike, their brain is in their penis.  Let the woman carry it, let her give birth, let her love, support and provide for it.....good lord, all she did was have sex, the SAME AS HIM!!!

June 16, 2009, 9:13 am CDT

Good Luck Matt

I hope you and your team of attorneys come out winning in the lawsuit against unfair treatment.  It's about time something was done to reverse the current situation involving Roe vs. Wade.  Speaking as an attorney I hope that you get the lower court's decision reversed.  The ammendment may take more time though.  I hope all future Fathers (our sons and grandsons) will benefit from having their right to denounce and walk away from the responsibilities of Fatherhood at their own choosing (regardless of the mother's decision).  Maybe, one day down the road, I'll even be entailed in a legal battle for pro fatherhood joining your cause shoulder to shoulder. 

Everyone needs to remember that "equality" by definition means "equal treatment for everyone without preferences!"  Fatherhood needs to be a decision made solely by the father in question.  Not anyone else, including the court systems and mothers (regardless of her opinion and needs).

Kind Regards,

Devlin

First | Prev | 718 | 719 | 720 | 721 | 722 | 723 | Next Page | Last Page