Message Boards

Topic : 07/07 The Final Ultimatum

Number of Replies: 796
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 21, 2006, 10:15:01 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/24/06) Have you ever been so fed up with your spouse's behavior that you’ve considered giving him or her an ultimatum? Dr. Phil talks to guests who say their marriage is on the rocks, and they need help reconnecting. Barbara calls her stepdaughter, Ambreah, "a monster." She says she inherited “the little thing" when her husband, Ed's, ex-wife was in a tragic car accident. Ambreah no longer lives with them, but Barbara says if Ed brings her back into their house, she'll leave. Should Ed be forced to choose between his wife and his child? Then, Bobby, a country music singer, says his wife, Danyel's, jealous ways are pushing him to the brink. She curses out other women, checks his cell phone records and accuses him of cheating on her. Bobby says if Danyel doesn't stop her behavior, he's ready to go solo. Is Bobby giving Danyel a reason to sing the blues? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 22, 2006, 9:23 pm CDT

How horrible!

I was so sickened when I saw the previews for Monday's show! That is what prompted me to sign up for this message board. I just can't imagine how this woman can be so cruel and hateful toward a little girl. Granted, I do understand that it is difficult being a step mom, I have been there. But to actually make threats toward an innocent child? She said that if she was left alone with her she would hurt her! What is wrong with the father? He is wondering what to do now? Uh, hello! You get rid of the woman who wants to HURT your child. That is what you do! My hope is that CPS will be involved. This woman made threats to this child and should be reported.   

April 23, 2006, 7:42 am CDT

Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

This is every Mother's worst nightmare.  Some tragic event leaves your children in the care of their Father who does not put meeting his kid’s needs first.  When I hear of these things it is very hard to sleep at night.

Bless all those Fathers and Step-Mothers (and Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles, Neighbors and Friends and Foster parents) who step up to the plate and give these kids the love and parenting they need.  I know you all are out there working hard making sure the children in your care don't fall through the cracks.  Parenting is not always easy and parenting a grieving child I sure is even harder but your understanding and love is appreciated if someone forgets to tell you well know in your heart that we see you and praise you even though we don’t tell you often enough.

As for the rest well you know where they belong.

April 23, 2006, 12:03 pm CDT

been there played this, made wrong choice

I MET A MAN THAT I HATED. HE WAS A JERK. I TOLD HIM ABOUT HOW I FELT. HE WAS JUST ANOTHER TYPICAL MAN. HE SAID IT WAS BECAUSE HE WAS MISERABLE IN HIS MARRIAGE. WE TALKED FOR 12 HOURS A DAY OR MORE AND I FOUND HIS GOOD SIDE. HA HA. HE MOVED IN WITH ME AND MY 3 KIDS SO I COULD MAKE SURE HE WOULD LOVE THEM. HE DID OH HE DID, HE PLAYED WITH THEM TOOK THEM PLACES BOUGHT THEM THINGS, UNTIL THE WEDDING DAY. THEN HE WANTED TO KNOW WHY THEY WERE THERE. HE MADE THEM FIND A PLACE TO STAY EVERY WEEKEND, HE MADE RULES FOR EATING, SLEEPING EVEN GOING TO THE BATHROOM. HE KEPT THEM COMPLETLY AWAY FROM ME AT ALL TIMES. I LOST MY KIDS. I CHOSE HIM OVER THEM. NOW THEY ARE GONE AND I HAVE FOUND THAT---I DONT LIKE HIM MUCH, HE IS A JERK. MY ADVICE TO THAT MAN IS TO KICK HER TO THE CURB, YESTERDAY WOULDNT BE TOO SOON!

April 23, 2006, 8:59 pm CDT

Why Choose a Lover Over Your Child?

I don't understand why people choose their lover over their own children. I have dated men and NEVER chose them over my son. I have heard remarks like "he's another man's child". I don't care, he's MY child. How he is treated will affect society. If he is rejected by family, he could be a career criminal, if he is loved by his family, the sky's the limit as to all the good things he will do. He will be successful someday. My son is loved very much by his biological family. I am confident that he will one day be successful. I guess that is why to date, I never remarried. My child is far more important to me than any man. Any man who thinks my son is in the way or makes hateful remarks will not be in my life. How nutty are those women who drowned their babies cause some stupid man said their children were "in the way"?

April 23, 2006, 9:14 pm CDT

I taped my son-in-law...and he doesnt believe me.

I have a son-in-law who is step father to my two wonderful granddaughters...he and my daughter and the girls just stayed with me for a month..my eldest grandhild brought to my attention that she did not want her Mother and I to leave one evening for aerobic class....she was scared...I calmly flipped! I just asked her what it was that scared her becasue her feelings were important to me...she said that she was scared for her 3 year old sister because a long time ago...(with-in 5 months) that the step dad made a comment of how he would like to PUNCH THE THREE YEAR OLD IN THE CHEST.  She then said that her sister was jumping on the bed..just the night before and he came in and swung his arm in mid air and knocked her feet out from under her and it hurt her ankle and she started to cry....HE FAILED TO TELL THE MOTHER WHY HER CHILD WAS CRYING....ONLY SAID..."I TOLD HER TO STOP JUMPING ON THE BED".....  

WELLLLLLL, I raised the older one for 6 years and she is just about to turn 8...friends of my family had the little one in a Christian loving home from 7 months old until this past Sept. This child is strong willed...but HE just says she is bad...  

I told mY daughter to confront it immediately and if she didn't...I would.    I left a tape recorder in the house and got him complaining about how long it took the 3 yr old to something that day and how she should be punched dead in her f****ing face and then made to sit down..my daughter told him on the tape that what he just said was disgusting and asked if he really mean that...of course the idiot said "no".....but then a couple days later he was holding the little girls sleeve trying to talk to her and she pulled away..so the jerk yoked her by the front of her shirt....  

By that evening...this was Thursday just passed...I told him that I knew and he crossed the line...I told him I had him on tape and I was turning him in..He yelled good, go ahead..he doesnt think I really do....My daughter says if I call protective and she loses the kids that she will not fight to get them back...and that he said he would go to parenting classes...that's hard to do when he just got two jobs in the last two weeks....He is an ignorant (yes he lacks knowledge of anything!!) poor excuse for a man or a parent....and I am going to play the tape for who ever answers at CPS...I think anyone who can even think that way, should not be around children and one last thing...HE ABSOLUTELY KNOWS THAT IF HE HITS MY GRAND DAUGHTERS...HIS A** IS MINE BEFORE THE OFFICERS ARRIVE....  

I know you are all thinking...what about her real Father..he is in prison and will be out in Sept or Oct... he does see her but doesnt know what happened but I have encouraged my eldest grand daughter that if she feels frightened, scared or unsafe at all for herself or her sister..she is to tell, tell everyone..her Daddy, her Nona (me) her Teacher, everyone..........never keep a secret if anyone ever hurts someone and says to keep it a secret....  

I AM TAPING TOMORROWS EPISODE AND MAKING MY DAUGHTER WATCH IT.....  

April 23, 2006, 9:45 pm CDT

04/24 The Final Ultimatum

He should definitely kick her to the curb!  I remarried after my first marriage failed.  I have a son, which was 4 years old at the time of the 2nd marriage.  I told my husband to be that he should always remember that my child would come first.  He had already been rejected by his biological father and I refused to let this happen again!  Turns out that he & my son are very close and he treats him just like he's his very own.  I lucked out!  My son tries to be just like his step-father!  I love it.  No one should ever have to put up with this and certainly NO CHILD should ever have to feel the rejection!    

April 23, 2006, 10:23 pm CDT

This makes me sick

Just seeing this preview and I feel sick to my stomach just watching it. If I had the chance that little girl could come to live with me and she would know what a real family is all about.  

If the father thinks that his relationship with that woman is more important, Dr. Phil really needs to get that little girl out of there. They deserve each other and that little girl needs a home with people who would really care about HER. 

When I go to watch this show, I'm going to have to make sure that I keep the lightweight things out of my reach, because I'm liable to reach for something and throw it at the TV hoping that it would reach that ***** and that *******. I don't want to break my tv, I like it too much. 

April 23, 2006, 10:39 pm CDT

poor little girl

Oh my god 

This seems to be one more spineles man who can't say no to the new wife/or wife to be.... 

How can he let this woman talk like this about his daughter?????? 

Stepmoms can be so evil....I know, I have one and she is awful.. I think she made my dad choose between me and him and guess what....he chose her..... 

Some needs to kick some sense into this dead beat dad... 

Arrggg  I am just getting so mad 

April 24, 2006, 1:17 am CDT

Abuse

Do we have to wonder why children act out, misbehave, have low self esteem and grow up to marry jerks? When we have parents who allow others to mistreat our own children, we are abusive parents! 

I had to turn off this show. There's NEVER an excuse to put others before what is best for our children....NEVER! Too many parents place their boyfriends, girlfriends, new husbands, new wives (etc) before their children. We're one sick society!  

April 24, 2006, 5:14 am CDT

04/24 The Final Ultimatum

I just think this woman is so selfish and he needs his head examined how can he put  her first and have no feelings for  his lovely daughter.  I believe that the Ambreah should he taken off him and given to a nice family who would care and love her.  She never get any love if she remains.  She is totally jealous of the child and wants him all to himself ,she knew he had a child when she got involved and has to live with the circumstances.  He should dump her immediately and give Ambreah the love and attention she needs before its too late.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last