Message Boards

Topic : 07/07 The Final Ultimatum

Number of Replies: 796
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 21, 2006, 10:15:01 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/24/06) Have you ever been so fed up with your spouse's behavior that you’ve considered giving him or her an ultimatum? Dr. Phil talks to guests who say their marriage is on the rocks, and they need help reconnecting. Barbara calls her stepdaughter, Ambreah, "a monster." She says she inherited “the little thing" when her husband, Ed's, ex-wife was in a tragic car accident. Ambreah no longer lives with them, but Barbara says if Ed brings her back into their house, she'll leave. Should Ed be forced to choose between his wife and his child? Then, Bobby, a country music singer, says his wife, Danyel's, jealous ways are pushing him to the brink. She curses out other women, checks his cell phone records and accuses him of cheating on her. Bobby says if Danyel doesn't stop her behavior, he's ready to go solo. Is Bobby giving Danyel a reason to sing the blues? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 24, 2006, 5:44 am CDT

WOW

I haven't seen the show yet...I've only read the story on-line.  All I can say is KICK THAT WOMAN OUT!!!  She has absolutely no right and no business raising a child.  If I were Dr. Phil I sure wouldn't hesitate to call CPS today.  If that woman has that much hatred towards this child it begs the question...what other children will she come across in the future that will rub her the wrong way too?   

I am a step-parent and although it can be a rough situation it doesn't have to be this way!  You can love a child and not like what they're doing...but to even consider harming a child...NO EXCUSES!!!  

This poor little girl sounds as if she's just reacting normally to a tragedy.  No only did she lose her mother, she too experienced the accident, then she's thrown into the grasps of this horrible woman (who sounds as if she's trying to live up to the bioligical mother's expectations), then thrown out to live with "friends".  My four year old gets upset if her daily routine is messed up.    

This man made a choice (while he was still married) to emotionally leave his family and take up with this "homewrecker" and it sounds as though he has no regrets...except now he's totally responsibile for the child and he doesn't have a clue what to do!  

Wise up mister....your daughter comes first!  Either she comes first or CPS will be coming for her!  Is this woman really worth it?  You'd better reconsider your priorities!  

April 24, 2006, 6:30 am CDT

Parents?

What is up with these stupid irresponsible fathers and step mothers with no empathy for the children of the men they are supposed to be in love with.  This story made me sick.  I don't care how many times a child peed in my car......there is no excuse to leave a bruise on a child.....ever.  Shame on these people.  I hope these people get the help that they are in obvious desperate need of so Ambreah has a shot at a loving and understanding environment.  Get a clue Dad!

April 24, 2006, 6:32 am CDT

04/24 The Final Ultimatum

The first 60 secords of this story makes me physically ill.  Neither of these "adults" should have custody of this child.  They are both unfit parents, putting their emotional well-being before that of the child.  I strongly doubt that this father can make good decisions, based on his judgement up to this point, that will enable his daughter to become a happy, successful woman.  Barbara is abusing this child and so is the father by not preventing the abuse.  Also, if Barbara were a compassionate person, she would insist that they end the relationship and that the father and daughter remain together (even if I do not think he is a good parent).

April 24, 2006, 7:03 am CDT

04/24 The Final Ultimatum

I am not sure this child should be returned to Ed. I haven't seen it yet but in the synopsis they say he was not willing to have counseling until Dr. Phil threatened him with Child Protective Services.   

I feel so sorry for this poor little girl, how could a normal person hate her! I guess the step-mom was brave to admit she couldn't be trusted with her, better that than kill her in a tantrum.  

This is a no-win situation. If the Dad does go to the girl and kick the StepMom to the curb, then has the child been given too much power?  

Excuse my stream of conciousness, this really troubled me.  

April 24, 2006, 7:10 am CDT

Get rid of the wife!!

You know, if he does not get rid of that wife, he is a wuss.  How dare he let anyone treat his child that way.  When it comes to a spouse or a child, there is NO CHOICE.  Stand up and be a man!!

April 24, 2006, 7:11 am CDT

This woman makes me physically ill

I have a 6 year old daughter and it is actually painful listening and watching this show.  How could anyone blame an innocent 6 year old that had that traumatic experience of her being in an accident that left her mother a vegeteble!  Oh please someone help this poor little girl.  I certainly hope there are charges brought against this evil women for the abuse of this little girl!  What makes this women the right to treat this child like this.  The child is certainly going to have so many problems.

April 24, 2006, 7:13 am CDT

I totally agree....

Quote From: ursula_999

The first 60 secords of this story makes me physically ill.  Neither of these "adults" should have custody of this child.  They are both unfit parents, putting their emotional well-being before that of the child.  I strongly doubt that this father can make good decisions, based on his judgement up to this point, that will enable his daughter to become a happy, successful woman.  Barbara is abusing this child and so is the father by not preventing the abuse.  Also, if Barbara were a compassionate person, she would insist that they end the relationship and that the father and daughter remain together (even if I do not think he is a good parent).

I feel so sorry for this little girl.  First...she finds out that her father is cheating on her mother...at the age of FOUR!!!  THEN she is in a horrendous car wreck that took her mother from her....and then here is this WITCH (who needs the crap kicked out of her....for beating on a 4 yr old..and acting like she's justified...) who hates this child like the child is a grown person who can fight back and defend herself....she's FOUR for God's sake!!!  This is idiotic and that father should leave that woman and live alone with his daughter, instead of making that girl go through hell like this...  

RIGHT ON DR. PHIL!!!  He told 'em like it is!!!  

April 24, 2006, 7:14 am CDT

There are good stepparents

Just so you know, there are good stepdads and stepmoms.  My husband has taken my two daughters from a previous marriage and loves them as if he has been there for their entire lives.  He treats them with the same love he shows our son.  Never once has he given any of our three kids differential treatment.  I am so happy to be married to this man. 

And a big thumbs up to my ex-husband's new wife.  Before they married, my ex had NOTHING to do with his daughters.  Since she came into his life, she has thrown them birthday parties, they get great Christmas presents where they used to get NOTHING, and they have nothing but good things to say about her.  So there are some great ones out there, not like the sorry joker on the show right now! 

April 24, 2006, 7:17 am CDT

Wow

THIS WOMAN IS ADMITTING ON NATIONAL TV THAT SHE BEATS AND LEAVES BRUISES ON A 4 YR OLD CHILD, IF SHE IS NOT ARRESTED THEN THAT IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR CHILDRENS SERVICES DIVISIONS. SHE SAYS THE LITTLE GIRL IS TRYING TO BREAK UP HER MARRIAGE. "WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND" WHAT HAPPENS WHEN HER MOTHER WAKES UP AND REALIZES SHE NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR HER MARRIAGE....  

AFTER THIS MAN GET'S OVER BEEN IN LUST WITH THIS AFFAIR HE HAD THEN HE WILL REALIZE THE KIDS WILL BE THERE FOREVER IF YOUR THERE FOR THEM.  

KARMA IS GOING TO COME BACK AROUND ON HER SOO HARD SHE IS NOT GOING TO KNOW WHAT HIT HER  

April 24, 2006, 7:19 am CDT

outraged

I just can't belive that this man would even consider sending his dtr away, that woman if you can call her that, needs to go and go now. She is hateful and jealous of this little girl.  She said that she is convinced that the dtr is trying to break them up, DUH that is what little kids do, they want thier own parents she doesnt' understand what happened to her mom. I just can't belive this. I just had to vent about this I wish I could give her my 2 cents.  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last