Message Boards

Topic : 07/07 The Final Ultimatum

Number of Replies: 796
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 21, 2006, 10:15:01 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/24/06) Have you ever been so fed up with your spouse's behavior that you’ve considered giving him or her an ultimatum? Dr. Phil talks to guests who say their marriage is on the rocks, and they need help reconnecting. Barbara calls her stepdaughter, Ambreah, "a monster." She says she inherited “the little thing" when her husband, Ed's, ex-wife was in a tragic car accident. Ambreah no longer lives with them, but Barbara says if Ed brings her back into their house, she'll leave. Should Ed be forced to choose between his wife and his child? Then, Bobby, a country music singer, says his wife, Danyel's, jealous ways are pushing him to the brink. She curses out other women, checks his cell phone records and accuses him of cheating on her. Bobby says if Danyel doesn't stop her behavior, he's ready to go solo. Is Bobby giving Danyel a reason to sing the blues? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 24, 2006, 8:12 am CDT

Ed

I just got finished watching the show and I cannot believe this woman could sit on national TV and say that she cannot stand this little girl. I am a step mom also and I know that it can be very hard winning the children over but you have got to be patient and let them get to know you. My God she just lost her Mom and now her Dad sends her away.

April 24, 2006, 8:13 am CDT

04/24 The Final Ultimatum

My heart truely goes out to this little girl. Going through such trama and at such a young age Im sure having trouble coping. I have to say for the underdog here we can bash this woman I think its horrible what she is saying but lets for one moment imagine if for the sake of her relationship to this man she never said anything? Can you imagine what could or would happen? Im sure someone out there male female mom dad stepmom maybe having the same feelings towards a child in there life and affraid to face it as they know how awful just thinking such a thing is... Attacking this woman who has come out and spoken so she doesnt hurt this child may be preventing others from confronting there own feelings. How many babys could be saved from Shaken baby syndrome if the person just called someone anyone for help because they knew they were going to blow. Something to think about

April 24, 2006, 8:15 am CDT

Are you kidding

I don't know if its just me but shouldn't CPS be called anyway. This woman has admitted to abusing this child and leaving bruises on her more than once. The dad should have been gone when she admitted to this and wanting to kill his child, is that not a crime right there.I've seen children being taken away from their home for less than this. This child needs someone to stick up for her. For me my children come first. They eat first, they get clothed first, they're needs come before anyone else's. I am their protector and their support and if they can not rely on their parents who can they rely on. I feel so bad for this little girl and hope and pray her dad wakes up or someone out there will help her.

April 24, 2006, 8:16 am CDT

DIsappointed with Dr. Phil

I was under the impression that Dr. Phil was a mandated court reporter.  To hear him only suggest that he would call CPS *IF* they didn't comply stunned me.  To have the step-mother admit to beating this child with a foreign object (belt) and admittingly leaving bruises more than once and not intervene immediately was quite surprising. 

My hopes and prayers are that Ed's and his 1st wife's families (or their local school district, local sheriff's department, neighbors, etc.) will have witnessed this show and have enough courage and love to call CPS on her behalf. 

April 24, 2006, 8:19 am CDT

Quote From: saemae

Just so you know, there are good stepdads and stepmoms.  My husband has taken my two daughters from a previous marriage and loves them as if he has been there for their entire lives.  He treats them with the same love he shows our son.  Never once has he given any of our three kids differential treatment.  I am so happy to be married to this man. 

And a big thumbs up to my ex-husband's new wife.  Before they married, my ex had NOTHING to do with his daughters.  Since she came into his life, she has thrown them birthday parties, they get great Christmas presents where they used to get NOTHING, and they have nothing but good things to say about her.  So there are some great ones out there, not like the sorry joker on the show right now! 

You are right.There are good ones out there. I have a 41/2 step daughter and I love her so very much that I think of her just as much as I do my own 2 daughters.I've been in her life since she was 4 months old.I taughter her to talk,walk,tie her shoes,ABC's, and as much as I can.Her mom IS a good mom but she has a very busy career and my stepdaughter is in daycare from 5:30 am til 8pm at night, so she doesn't get much time with mom so i try my very hardest to spend time with her when we have her.I even get angry with my husband if he forgets to call her and talk to her when he tells her he will. I as well, throw her BD. parties, arrange family outings, completly decorated her bedroom in Precious Moments.I know and understand that I am NOT mom, that she has her mom, but I refuse to treat her any different than my own daughters. And which my husband has become dad to them, due to their bio dad sexually and physically abused them and now has his rights relinguished. My husband has shown them the last 5 years how a dad is suppose to treat his daughters and how they are NOT suppose to be treated. They use to have such a hard time trusting men and they did with my husband the 1st 3 years but now they call him dad(by their choice) kiss him goodnight and etc. So, yes, their is some GREAT step parents out there, but it's the ones like on today shows that make it rough for the rest of us..

April 24, 2006, 8:26 am CDT

Jealousy Is Poison

To the young singer with a jealous wife--- I feel your pain dude! I've been a musician for 33 years and had to stop doing public performances because of a jealous, insecure wife. Now I just do private shows for young umarried beautiful women ! ( that was a joke lol ) No really man I know what you are going thru and all I can say is keep the faith , keep doing what you were called to do and try to have patience with your wife. Eventually she will come around when you are too old and decreped (sp?) and no one wants you anyone more. Like my wife , by this time she should have a greater sense of security within herself and your life is a total wash--- Humorous Regards,  Singing Eagle :) 

April 24, 2006, 8:30 am CDT

I am SO glad that Dr. Phil stepped up and said that he will call Child Protective Serv if the Father doesn't get help!?!?!   

At this point, I wouldn't even want that poor little girl with that Father either.  He is a terrible person and father.   

I am outraged and disgusted by the step mother and she needs professional help and FAST~ 

April 24, 2006, 8:30 am CDT

I am also a step mother

Quote From: helpmom03

Iam so upset right now.I just watched this and I REALLY do not know how to feel right now.I am SHOCKED,ANGRY,CONFUSED,AND VERY DISAPPOINTED with this father. I my self am a step mom of a BEAUTIFUL 41/2 y/o daughter and I feel what this family has done to this little girl is HORRIBLE. I love my stepdaughter so very much .She means as much to me as my own 2 daughters do.I am so involved with my step-daughter's life that it is uneal.I have been in her life since she was 4 months old and would NEVER think of giving my husband and ultimatum of me or his d-aughter.This father on todays show needs a HUGE wake up call .. That poor little girl.I feel so bad for her.I want to take her into my home and wrap my arms around her(like I know she needs terribly) and show her how she so deserves to be treated an d loved. He REALLY needs to put the wife OUT and go get his daughter and love her and showher that she is his #1 in his life. I would never expect my husband to choose me over his daughter just as I would never choose my husband(as much as i love him)over my girls. IF ED cannot go and take his daughter home with just him and keep her out of danger than Dr.Phil needs to do just what he said he will and contact Child Protective Services and SAVE this little girl before it's too late.. PLEASE ED, SAVE your daughter.Step-mom keep your hands OFF!!!!! I am glad that the step-mom was completly honest with Dr.Phil so that he knew the REAL situation and I do respect her for that but how dare her do this to this father and daughter and ESP. the daughter...

I have a step daughter that is nine and a daughter that is 3 months.  My stepdaughter lives with her Mom and stays with us on the weekends.  In the beginning it was very hard but NEVER ONCE DID I TREAT HER LIKE THIS.  My husband wouldn't have had to tell me to leave I would have done it on own.   

It is too bad her "father" won't place her for adoption.  He obviously doesn't love her 

April 24, 2006, 8:42 am CDT

Conflicted

It is hard to even write this when all of the comments are in regard to the child who has been sent away.  Let me say she needs to come home NOW!  My feeling though have to do with ultimatums.  I was sitting here thinking of giving my fiance and ultimatum and now following the show I am conflicted.  The story is very long and complex but the short is that for the past year she has drifted away.  She says because of her own personal problems.  We were best friends but seems so distant now.  She went away to a seminar this weekend, yes a real seminar, but seemed even more distant when preparing to leave.  I guess it really doesn't matter as what I got out of this is that ultimatums do not work and some way I need to address this from a stance of strength rather than fear and fear of being alone.  Hopefully the conflict will go away and I will see clearly what to do.

April 24, 2006, 8:43 am CDT

has anyone considered

Has anyone considered that the little girl might pee in the car because she has a deeply disturbed about riding in a car.  I mean it put her in the hospital and it took her mother away.   

Secondly that any man that would choose a wife over a child never loved the child anyway.  I mean months after the accident he just gets his daughter anew mother.  Maybe he shouldn't be a father. 

The fact that he is indifferent to how she would've felt about the situation says it all. 

I have encountered horrible children but this doesn't sound the case.  Its just she is suffering a lot of losses and is feeling extremely insecure and dad had no problem pulling the rug right from under her. 

I am surprise the audience didn't throw rocks at the dad. 

Wouldn't surprise me if his previous marriage was on the rocks because of how selfish he was. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last