Message Boards

Topic : 07/07 The Final Ultimatum

Number of Replies: 796
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 21, 2006, 10:15:01 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/24/06) Have you ever been so fed up with your spouse's behavior that you’ve considered giving him or her an ultimatum? Dr. Phil talks to guests who say their marriage is on the rocks, and they need help reconnecting. Barbara calls her stepdaughter, Ambreah, "a monster." She says she inherited “the little thing" when her husband, Ed's, ex-wife was in a tragic car accident. Ambreah no longer lives with them, but Barbara says if Ed brings her back into their house, she'll leave. Should Ed be forced to choose between his wife and his child? Then, Bobby, a country music singer, says his wife, Danyel's, jealous ways are pushing him to the brink. She curses out other women, checks his cell phone records and accuses him of cheating on her. Bobby says if Danyel doesn't stop her behavior, he's ready to go solo. Is Bobby giving Danyel a reason to sing the blues? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 24, 2007, 11:07 pm CST

BOY OH BOY

Quote From: purplepain

Do you just make this stuff up as you go along?

"Even those will mental illness know what they are doing and whether it is right or wrong."

WRONG! Seriously...do you just type stuff and expect people to accept it as some kind of truth?

"Because in the video clips, it was mentioned several times that the little girl behaved nicely with other people but not with Barbara. That tells me that the girl knew exactly what she was doing in antagonizing Barbara."

No...a 6 year old cannot antagonize in the fashion  you are assuming.  She is simply reacting to emotion, she is not planning. 6 year olds do not have that kind of foresight.  It tells me she is scared to death of this evil woman.

She is SIX YEARS OLD! How cold hearted can you be?

I DON'T BELIEVE THAT ALL PEOPLE WITH MENTAL ILLNESS ALWAYS KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS RIGHT OR WRONG.  SOCIETY OR MEDICINE MIGHT TELL THEM IN ORDER TO TEACH THEM.

AND

I DO BELIEVE A   SIX   YEAR   OLD    CAN  MANIPULATE A SITUATION. BUT IT TAKES AN ADULT TO FIGURE OUT  WHAT IS GOING ON AND NOT FALL FOR IT.

CHILDREN LEARN AT A YOUNG AGE HOW TO MANIPULATE....SADLY ENOUGH...

December 24, 2007, 11:14 pm CST

THESE ARE ADULT CHILDREN?

Quote From: scotslady44

hi all i have just joined this new forum..I have been with my partner for nearly 4 yrs,He has been married twice before, and i have been married once..To cut a long story short my partner jim had not seen his kids from his 1st marriage for 20 years, anyways the salvation army found them in october 2006, they are aged 23,25,27.the guys are ok but the daughter is a living nightmare, and hates me (we have not met yet) and nor will we ever, she has been a right wee *itch to me and has said some real nasty things to me (i was very ill recently and had jim not called 999 id be dead) no kidding! she said to me you should have did us all a favour and just died, i could go on all night with this situ but had better not...thing is me and Jim were very happy (we had our up's and downs but who has'nt?) we now argue a lot and i dont seem to stop crying, this situ is making me ill, if anyone has any comments to make id sure appreciate them....Thanks...Julie.........

I WOULD FIRST EXAMINE WHY MY HUSBAND DIDN'T SEE THEM FOR SO LONG.

I REALIZE THAT IT COULD BE CHOICE OR FORCED CHOICE

THEN I WOULD EXAMINE MYSELF.  MAYBE I GAVE THEM THE WRONG IMPRESSION AND NEEDED TO START OVER WITH THEM

AND LASTLY I WOULD ASK THEM TO START OVER     ALL OF US    AND TRY TO HEAL

AND IF THAT DIDN'T WORK

I WOULD TELL MY HUSBAND THAT    THE KIND OF PEOPLE/PERSON THAT THE CHILDREN GREW UP TO BE,,,,,( WHY THEY WEREN'T SEEN FOR SO LONG MAY GIVE YOU A CLUE) ISN'T THE KIND OF PEOPLE I NEED IN MY LIFE. AND YOU NEED TO CHOOSE 

YOUR HUSBAND NEEDS TO EXPECT MUTUAL RESPECT FROM BOTH PARTIES, IF YOU ALREADY DO THIS I APPLAUD YOU, AND WHICHEVER PARTY WONT HONOR THAT    WELL 

THEY NEED TO GO.

December 24, 2007, 11:19 pm CST

HUM....

Quote From: flthomcat

Let's see.....Let's all put ourselves in this girl's shoes.... 

I have two parents who I think love eachother. My world is good. I feel secure. 

One day, I come home from school to learn that my father is having an affair with a woman who is not my mother. I don't understand it. I don't want it to be true. My mom's an emotional wreck because he marraige is falling apart (she tries to hide it from me, but I'm not stupid. I see things). 

A short time later, my loving mother (the person who's #1 in my life and my best friend) gets into an accident and can no longer talk to me or with me. She's gone. She exists, but she can't hug me or hold me or tell me what I should do with my young life. I feel alone. My father is wrapped up in his girlfriend. I have nobody now and I'm just a child. 

Soon after, Dad moves his girlfirend into the home. After one week, she takes down all the pictures of my mother, this mother of mine who I desperately miss and need. Those pictures helped me feel secure during such a turbulent time in my young life. Now they are gone and Dad's allowed it. He doesn't understand. Or he doesn't care. Either way, I am more alone now than ever. I need to grieve the loss of my mother. I need the help and love of my father. I get nothing. 

Next, this woman tells me she "hates" me and she wants to kill me. She doesn't even try to understand the pain I am in. She cares nothing about my feelings. She got what she wanted. She now has my father, our family home, my mother's photos gone and she has told me I need to go. She gives my father a hard time about me being there. She wants it all.....which means she wants mom and me gone from the home and my father's life forever. What did I do to her? I'm a child in pain. The wounds are so fresh and real.  

And what does my father do...this man who is the only tie to my past I have? Does he help me thru this difficult time? Does he put me first for a change? Does he stop this woman's cruelty? NO. Instead, he calls me a "brat" and lets me know he is going to pick between her and me. I'm not first in anything. I'm just in the way.  

Geesh, how would I feel?  I would feel alone, unwanted, unloved, incredibly sad, scared, lost and yes, a tad bit angry. Angry simply means I'm fearful. And after what I have had to go thru (the loss of my mother) and all the other crap dad caused (the affair, moving a woman in shortly after the accident, tossing out Mom's stuff, telling me I'm hated and she wants me dead, etc), how would YOU feel if you were me?????????? 

If you are a normal, caring, loving parent, you KNOW that Barbara and Ed are horribly cruel and/or misguided individuals and this child is paying the price. NO CHILD deserves this, no matter what she may or may not have done. She is not an adult. She is a child who was thrust into a world of loss, confusion and cruelty. God bless her; she deserves so much more out of life.  

I'M WITH YOU

EXCEPT

IN THE FIRST PLACE...

NO CHILD SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE 'REASON' FOR THE DIVORCE.

OTHERWISE

MORE POWER TO YOU

June 20, 2008, 11:45 pm CDT

So Hirt So Lonely So upset

Dear Doctor Phill

I have lost my mother today. She was my best friend my world revoled around her. My heart fell so numb, My eyes feel like I can't see out of them. My life is falling apart. I work in retail for 3 yrs I have other jobs threw the years.  How can I live on.  They say grieving heals right now I am not sure. I just need someone that would listen to me.  My husband does'nt not sport me to much in anything now days. Always nagative about anything I talk to him about.. I know your going to say Its just not my Mother death but My marrage too. Will Your right has been. for a long tme.. I love him as a friend no a husband.. I am so confuse now. My son lives with us. He his 27 years old.. He helps out alot has been working sence he was old enought to work.. He pay for alot of stuff around here.. you can say he not a free loader. But he is controling of me and my husband. Its a long store about him. Just need to chat or put down How I feel.. There more but it would be a book.. Thanks for listing to me.. Yours Truely Loney upset .

September 10, 2008, 1:43 pm CDT

step parenting

Quote From: wvpooch

Dear Doctor Phill

I have lost my mother today. She was my best friend my world revoled around her. My heart fell so numb, My eyes feel like I can't see out of them. My life is falling apart. I work in retail for 3 yrs I have other jobs threw the years.  How can I live on.  They say grieving heals right now I am not sure. I just need someone that would listen to me.  My husband does'nt not sport me to much in anything now days. Always nagative about anything I talk to him about.. I know your going to say Its just not my Mother death but My marrage too. Will Your right has been. for a long tme.. I love him as a friend no a husband.. I am so confuse now. My son lives with us. He his 27 years old.. He helps out alot has been working sence he was old enought to work.. He pay for alot of stuff around here.. you can say he not a free loader. But he is controling of me and my husband. Its a long store about him. Just need to chat or put down How I feel.. There more but it would be a book.. Thanks for listing to me.. Yours Truely Loney upset .

Hello all I am a member of   SMACK   ( Step Monsters Against Coddled Kids)

I have 4 children , 2 his, 2 Mine, in the  begining everyone got along (all 6 ) incredibly well. Now  2 of the girls who are  both  18 .My step daughter has decided that  having her "daddy " to herself is  so much more profitable. We use to ge good friends incredibly close lbut now we barley talk. She wrote some really vicious words via email and it hurt badly . But I dont hold it against her , It is hard for them to realize and deal with the things that are going on in there lives. not saying that it is right just  they are still learning but the key is for both parents  to stick together , stand together as a parenting front  is really hard for the bio parent . The child will think  there mom/dad is choosing sides. but they need to understand that standing together is for the  joint happiness of the entire family. Now some one tell my husband!!!!!!! quickly!!!!!

January 28, 2009, 7:54 pm CST

better54

hi there i have seen your show i love your it i been going with this man for 3yr an i love him an sometime he dont listen to what i have to say i want to know do he love me when his family call him he get up an go an i dont like it ,it ok sometime but he got a life to live to please help me keep up the good work we need you god bless can any tell me what to do

First | Prev | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | Next Page | Last Page