Message Boards

Topic : 08/03 Teen Wake-Up Calls

Number of Replies: 251
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 21, 2006, 10:17:02 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/25/06) How do you get through to rebellious teens who think they are invincible? Dr. Phil has advice for parents terrified that their kids are headed down a destructive path. Shelly says that her 15-year-old daughter, Allie, was the perfect child before partying and drinking took over her life. Allie has been cited several times for public intoxication, and also has been caught stealing prescription drugs. Shelly fears her daughter won't make it to her 18th birthday. Dr. Phil introduces Allie to someone he thinks will leave a lasting impression. Then, Kim is scared to death because her 16-year-old daughter, Briana, has sex with older men and doesn't use condoms. Briana was even caught having sex with a 23-year-old in the backseat of his car! Dr. Phil gives Briana a wake-up call she'll never forget. And, a teen who has spent over 400 hours in tanning beds says she’s unconcerned about the health risks. Share your thoughts, join the discussion?

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 5, 2008, 12:01 pm CDT

Allie is a beautiful young woman!

Today I have the great privilege of working with Allie on her road to recovery. She has made such huge strides since that show! She was here at my house last night and I was watching the show when she walked in and she said she had been on the show before. That that was part of her story. At 1st I thought she was messing with me, but she said it was true. Today I looked it up and was giddy when I found her on a past show I remember watching. I just didn't realize who it was! I asked if she'd done a follow up show but she said no. I asked if she wanted to and she said she doesn't know. Well I think you guys absolutely should do a follow up! This young lady works so hard to keep her life going in the right direction, as well as going out of her way to help other teens who have problems like she's had. She is truly a blessing and a miracle and it warms my heart to know that I get to be a part of that with her on a day to day basis. If you want someone to come on who is an example of how ones life can change in huge ways by such a small offer of help, then you need to contact her, I'm pretty sure she'd welcome the opportunity to help other teens wherever possible!

I cannot say enough about her and how that little girl you had on that show is nothing like the wonderful young woman I see today! What an amazing story of hope she has!

First | Prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | Next Page | Last Page