Message Boards

Topic : 08/15 "You're Not Hot Enough"

Number of Replies: 743
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 21, 2006, 10:19:03 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 04/26/06) If physical attraction gets you to the altar, what happens when your spouse turns ugly in your eyes? Michele says her husband, Carl, is embarrassed by her and looks disgusted whenever he sees her naked. Carl admits that if Michele looked this way when they met, he wouldn't have been attracted to her. What is causing Carl to feel this way? Can he look past the physical and reconnect with the woman he married? Then, Teri is newly married but asks her husband 20 times a day if she's hot enough. Why does Dr. Phil tell her she's playing with fire? And, Kenny wants his wife, Anita, to look hot, sexy and irresistible again, like she did when they got married seven years ago. Anita says Kenny tears her heart out when he tells her she will be beautiful when she loses weight. What's at the root of Anita's problem? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 6, 2009, 5:15 pm CDT

support her not suppress her

Leave this poor woman alone.  She has to deal with things in this world that civilians have no idea.  I am a military spouse and had the gastric bypass three years ago.  Tough, hell yes.  it was the most life changing thing I have done.  It was also the best thing I could have done for myself to survive.  Diets never worked and I have as much Will power as a sponge.  It is a tool and has taken me these three years to deal with all the emotions and new way of life. I have thrown up more than I would want to admit.   It takes a long time to figure out what you can eat and more importantly what you cannot eat.  I did this with my husband and families support.  He told me he would support me and whatever choice I made, but he thought I was beautiful and sexy just the way I was. I had to do this for me.  I knew if I did not have the surgery I would be 400 lbs. by now.  Please let her decide for herself.  It is not an easy decision, but it is the best one I have ever made.  Would I do it over after all the problems that come with?  In a heartbeat.  Good luck in finding your true self.

April 6, 2009, 6:46 pm CDT

Lap Band

Anita, please check into Lap Band Surgery instead of gastric bypass, it is an outpatient surgery where they put a band around the top of your stomach. It can be loosened or tightened depending on the need through a port that is put in usually near the top of your armpit. The band can be taken out. Gastric bypass can't be reversed and people have died on the operating table.
I had it last June and would do it again. And to your husband rent "Fireproof" and watch it.

April 7, 2009, 3:02 pm CDT

GASTRIC BYPASS

THANK YOU THANKYOU Dr Phil,

Thank you so much for making the statement that Gastric Bypass IS NOT the easy way out to weight loss.   I would love to come on your show to debate with ANYONE that says this is easy!  I weighed 432lbs when I had my surgery and now I am at 160.  Alot of people have stated that I took the easy way of loosing weight and and let me tell you,  I didn't!   I have permenent things since my surgery including but not limited to:  constant issues with very loose and unpredictabe bowels,  bad eating days (days where what I eat either come back up or run to fast through my system I sometimes do not make it to the restroom meaning I have to wear protective underwear)  days i just throw up ALL day, days it's hard or I can't even get out of bed, bad drinking days where I can't force myself to drink but I have to, big time water retention EVERYDAY so bad I can hardly walk because of the pain, a good 15 lbs of sagging skin on my arms and legs and no breasts to thal about just skin that I can't afford t have removed ect...    However, I have been asked if I knew then what I know now would I have had the surgery? The answer is always the same YES no hesitation WITHOUT ANY REGRETS!  It saved my life and again I would love to debate anyone on the subject any time any place public or private.  It's about time someone stands up and tells everyone THIS IS NOT THE EASY WAY TO LOOSE WIEGHT!!! 

First | Prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | Next Page | Last Page