Message Boards

Topic : Birth Stories

Number of Replies: 95
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:52:12 pm
Author : dataimport
Women love sharing their birth stories - share yours with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 9, 2006, 9:22 pm CDT

Birth Stories

Quote From: dftrooper1

You need to report her and also catch her in the act and call the police.

does she have a job if not talk her into getting on medacare and getting some free help but if worse comes to worse to get things on the ball report her to DHS and child services as fetus indangerment then catch in the act while she is doing drugs and call the police right there and then. When her drug dealear comes over does he bring drugs????????????? you could het him but then you would have to worry about retaliation.............  If the baby makes it threw all the drug abuse exspecially weed it will be born with major problems weed is known to shrink x chromosones with leads to retardation. But try and get her caught and put in a program maybe then you can become the childs guardian and they will keep her looked up till birth of the baby.

I know alot more on this because I sort of had to deal with the same situation I dont have time to explain right now but my email address is lochevy2door@yahoo.com if you want to hear more good luck..................

I agree in some ways that she should be reported.  But im a product of my mother smoking both cigarettes and pot during her pregnancy and there is nothing wrong with me.  Although every pregnancy is different and as long as she is monitored but her doctor there shouldnt be much or any complication.  Don't get me wrong smoking anything during a pregnancy is wrong.  Im 38 weeks pregnant myself and quit smoking cigarettes the minute i found out.  But you can't stop someone from living there lifestyle, they have to realize things on their own.  sorry to say,

August 15, 2006, 5:17 pm CDT

Birth Stories

Quote From: wsrchick

Has anyone else gone through this? I know I'm not alone.....    

I am 33 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing some symptoms that suggest that I will go into labor sometime in the next 4 weeks! A little scary because I know the complications that can come with a baby born early! I've been nesting like crazy....cleaning everything over and over even if it's clean already, making sure everything in the nursery is in exactly the right place, and folding and refolding the baby's clothes over and over. lol! I feel like I'm going crazy! My husband thinks it's cute and funny! It's almost like I'm a robot controlled by something or someone else besides me! Another symptom is that the baby engaged into my pelvis last week which is making me waddle like crazy! That also means that I'm not out of breath all the time and my belly is a lot lower now. I can eat more now but I have to pee so much more at the same time! I have increased discharge but no "bloddy show" yet. Anyways, those are the symptoms I have right now. My husband and I are attending a childbirth class and we find it a little wierd that NO ONE else in our group of 30 people are experiencing any of those symptoms yet! A lot of the women in my class are a little further along than I am too!     

What I'm wondering is if anyone has experience premature labor that was stopped because it was too early. I went into premature labor at 28 weeks and they stopped it twice. I was put on bedrest, but now I'm off. Have any of you experienced this? If so, how long afterwards did your baby come? Was your baby early?  Are you going through this too?    

Thanks for the help and advice.....    

I had my daughter when I was 19 years old. I was driving to taco bell to get my father some food and sneezed while waiting in the drive thru, as my face turned bright red I thought, "Oh my gosh I just pee'd myself." I had heard that some women had these type of accidents when they were closer to the end of their pregnancy and didn't think much of it. I went home and used the toilet right away and heard water hitting the toilet but didn't feel like I was peeing. My bad had ruptured a small pin size hole and off to the hospital I went.  I wasn't due for just over 6 more weeks and was terrified as could be. "Oh my gosh my baby is going to die" I thought. They gave me some sort of pills to try and stop the labor and several shots of steroids in my butt to help the baby get stronger I guess. 'How funny!' Unfortunately the pills made my heart act weird and I had to stop taking them. I was in labor with my daughter for 42 hours, with no pain medicine at all. They said it was because I needed to be aware of what was happening so I could tell them. I had a Bit$% of a nurse who I think personally hated her job, my arms were black and blue from all the blood they took and OH BOY was I in alot of pain. So 42 hours, alot of effort in trying not to push and out pops my 4 pound 10 ounce 18 inch BEAUTIFUL baby girl. I saw her for about 1.2 seconds before they rushed her off to neo natel intensive care(N.N.I.C.U). With in a few hours I was able to inch my way up to the N.N.I.C.U and saw her for the first time. I was unable to hold her at this point because she was in an incubator. Thanks to God she was going to be OK. The only thing that was and is still an issue with her is she has what is called Kidney reflex. She is now a perfect 10 year old girl who is a cheerleader and you wouldn't know she was preemie unless I told you. With all the technology today and with God sending his angels to us everyday I really would not worry to much. Keep yourself in bed and rested and leave the rest up to God!!!

August 21, 2006, 8:53 am CDT

fyi

I had my daughter two weeks ago tomorrow via c-section because she was footling breech.  I don't know if anyone else has had the doctors tell them the baby's cord was in the wrong spot in the placenta but mine was.  After my c-section they examined the placenta and told me if my water would have broke it would have severed the cord and she would have died before she could have been delivered.  I really have never heard of this before and it totally blew me away.  I guess she was breech and taken early for a reason.  I was even having contractions just before I went in for surgery so things happened this way for a reason I guess.  Everyone be greatful for your bundles of joy.  They told me if I plan to have any other children I need to have the ultrasound technician look for this because its more likely to happen again.  Due to two past miscarriages and now this we have basically decided our little girl is going to be an only child.  I will be very greatful for the one I have even though we wanted more.

September 4, 2006, 7:10 am CDT

Epidural

I watched a rerun of the Dr Philshow here in the Netherlands, there was this woman complaining to Dr Phil about missing her epidural because she was watching the Dr Philshow. Dr Phil & Robin were horrified learning she went through labour WITHOUT a epidural. Especially when they found out her delivery took about THREE hours. I, on my part, was horrified to realize that women in The Netherlands are expected to go through labour without epidural, even when it lasts for about 48 hours! Are American women spoiled or are we mistreated?? I am now 31 weaks pregnant with my first child and wondering if I should've moved to the USA...

October 4, 2006, 2:44 pm CDT

Emergency Section

Have you ever thought that you actually were going to die?  Well, I have come pretty close.  The day my daughter was born was the worst day of my life.  It started out great sitting in the hospital because of high blood pressure.  The doctor was in the room telling me of how I might get to go home.  I was 5 weeks early and they just didn't think it was time.  Well, it started.  In a total of five minutes I went completely blind and my blood pressure was 168/128.  Then come the stroke as they were preparing me for an emergency c-section.  Not only was I completely blind for two days after my surgery but I couldn't hold or see  my little girl.  When you think you have had a bad birthing experience just remember things always can get worse.  I would have much rather dealt with physical pain of having her than the scared possibility of never seeing her at all or my family again.

November 3, 2006, 6:47 am CST

without epidural

hi,

i am also from the Netherlands and i was also surprised to see the show.

My daughter is 10 months old now and my first child.

I did not haven an epidural and my  baby was born in 9 hours.  Half way thoug i thought i wasn't gonna make it. But i did it all by my self on my own strength.

It was amasing i was so proud of my self. The next baby i would not do it any other way.

November 9, 2006, 9:22 pm CST

I'm a teen and waiting to get pregnant

I'm 16 years old turning 17 pretty soon. I have this boyfriend who I have been with for almost 2 years now. Our relationship has been great never really had any major problems our relationship hasnt been on and off like most teen relationships the only thing making me unhappy is I want and ready to have a baby. I personally believe all women should get pregnant between ages 17 and 25. I myself am ready now. I know i can do it I know how hard it is my sister has had 5 kids and I, myself has had to raise 3 of them because she is on drugs real bad. My boyfriend is unsure if he is ready but I really want to. It depresses me when I think about it and know that I dont have a baby right now when I can and want to. What should I do? Do you people think I am crazy?

November 19, 2006, 11:17 am CST

Birth Stories

Quote From: wvteen08

I'm 16 years old turning 17 pretty soon. I have this boyfriend who I have been with for almost 2 years now. Our relationship has been great never really had any major problems our relationship hasnt been on and off like most teen relationships the only thing making me unhappy is I want and ready to have a baby. I personally believe all women should get pregnant between ages 17 and 25. I myself am ready now. I know i can do it I know how hard it is my sister has had 5 kids and I, myself has had to raise 3 of them because she is on drugs real bad. My boyfriend is unsure if he is ready but I really want to. It depresses me when I think about it and know that I dont have a baby right now when I can and want to. What should I do? Do you people think I am crazy?

I think you should wait untill your boyfriend wants a baby. I also wanted a baby before my boyfriend (now my husband) wanted a baby. But i desided to wait it was'nt easy but it was better this way now we both wanted a baby and there are no bad feelings about me having one before he was ready. I would not want to be pregnant and than loose my boyfriend because he was not ready. And i waited until i was 27. That seems verry long but trust me it was not. You should have fun now, go out with friends, because once you have kids everything changes. And if you want kids babysit your sisters kids.

Stefanie

December 6, 2006, 5:22 pm CST

We Want Another But....

My husband and I...mostly him....wants another baby. our son is almost 2, and we think now is a good time to start trying to have #2. the delivery of my son was somthing out of a horor movie. I had a c setion but the doctor basicly butchered me on the out side the scare is from my belly button down and bikini on the inside. I had a bladder infection and kidney infection soon after the surgery becuse i couldnt empty my bladder, and I could't walk for 2 months because of the pain, plus my incison got infected. I couldnt even hold him the first day of his life. I was only in labor for 11 hours....I was completely ignored in the delivery room I got no potocin It was all a mess and I dont want to go threw all that again.

December 9, 2006, 5:02 pm CST

My birth story!!!

My name is Whitney. I was born on April 16, 1989. I was born 3 months premature and weighed 1 pound and 10 ounces at birth. The doctors told my mom and dad they didn't think I would survive. Well my mom ended up having to have an emergency c-section so yeah I weighed 1 pound and 10 ounces. I was 3 months premature. I have a bad liver and might need a liver transplant some day. I have 1 kidney that works at 100% and the other one doesn't work at all. I have an enlarged spleen which I just have had for like 2 years I think. Then I also have Adhd which I have had since I was little and I am on Adderall for it. Then I was recently diagnosed with Depression last month and I am on Zoloft for that. But yeah apparently I was in the hospital for a few months after I was born and I was also Jondice and they had to put me in an incubater. But yeah I am glad I am living and I am glad I survived it. When I was first born I was the lenght of a dollar bill. But yeah I want to know you people's opinions on my story. But yeah talk to you later. Please let me know your opinion.

Thanks
Whitney

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last