Message Boards

Topic : Birth Stories

Number of Replies: 95
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:52:12 pm
Author : dataimport
Women love sharing their birth stories - share yours with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 18, 2006, 2:41 pm CST

BIRTHday

So I haven't posted in Forever!! Havingseven kids means having NO time! So Jess and I have had the last of our children! Last week 12 /12/06 Natalia Faith was born! A couple of weeks early but perfect! ^lb 5oz and 18 in. Jess is suppose to have the Vastecomy in January but Is starting to change his mind.Its not that he is scared but he thinks it a big step to take if we aren't completely sure about it! IM COMPLETELY SURE!Natalia is the 5th child I have given birth to and our third together,Im done. but Jess is unsure, he says we're too young to end the possibility of having more children later on.And though we are young, 22 and 25 , I dont want any more children,of that im sure.I don't think my body could hadle it anyway.So i guess if he won't go threw with it I'll be getting an IUD! But anyway thing are good,Ryleigh(6), Abby(5) and Aidan(4) are all doing great in school)(1st,K, and prek) Peyton(2) and Lucas(1) are doing well. And my nephew Sean(1) seem as if he going to be a permant resident in our family(his mom bailed on rehab and we can't find her!Hope all is weel with everyone else ,just wanted to post about my new baby Nattie!

March 14, 2007, 12:00 pm CDT

Just another story

I am new to this site, but have been reading the past posts.  The one that cought my attention was the no epidural posting.  I didn't have an epidural with my first baby.  I was 16 years old, and went through the pain for 8 hours.  And had a healthy 9 pounder!!  For my second child, who is now 22 mo.  I went 3 hours without one, and decided to have one, well....it was a God send, I was able to get some rest, relax.   But the only thing I didn't like about it, was that I wasn't in control of my body, I coudn't feel what was happening to me and I didn't like.  With not haveing anything for my first, I know what to expect, and what to feel.  And not feeling that for my second bothered me.  I didn't feel the sensation to push, I had to have a nurse to tell when to push.  I am currently 33 wks prego, and so far, my decision is not to have the epidural, who knows that might change, but for right now, I really want to feel the baby, feel when I have to push.  Feel it all, for it is my last pregnancy, and....I will not be rubbing my nipples for the last for weeks, to make sure I don't go past my due date, I guess the contractions are more intence that way!! And I sure felt them with my last one!!  I will let nature take its course.  All for now!!

March 15, 2007, 12:58 pm CDT

My new baby!!

Hey everyone!! Well I have a very recent birth story! My baby was born February 28, 2007 (2 weeks ago). He was 6lbs 5oz and was 19in long! He is healthy and very happy! I went to the hospital on the 27th with very close contractions and in the middle of the night woke up with very bad back pain. I was dialated to 4 at this point. The next morning the doctor came in and decided to go ahead and break my water, give me some pictocine, and if I wanted it my epidural. Well I wanted the epidural, but now I wish I hadn't gotten it. So all this took place sometime before noon! I then tried to go to sleep but I had a little reaction to the epi and started itching like crazy. They gave me benadryl and it took some time to work but eventually it did and I was out because Benadryl makes me really sleepy and unfortunately really grouchy when I wake up. I was then woken up around 2:30 or so with a lot of pressure down there. I told everyone here it is and I have to get him out before Dr. Phil comes on lol (no joke though). So the nurses came in and said yeah his head is right there and they called my doc whos office was right across the street from the hospital. She got there at about 10 after 3 and after they got everything ready and did their thing I had my baby at 3:41pm. He came out perfect!! Healthy and with 10 fingers and 10 toes! So we got to go home 2 days later and when I got home I started getting and terrible headache. So bad that I couldn't hold my head up! It felt like my brain was loose and plus I had a really bad pain in my neck. So I called the doc and they prescribed me Tylenol 3  with Codine. I took that for 2 days and it did absolutely nothing! So a few days after that I called the doc again, mind you I still had this terrible headache. The doctor then told me to go to the emergency room so they could do a blood patch! So I went on Wednesday, almost a week with this pain. The blood patch for those who don't know is basicaly and Epidural but instead of the pain meds they take blood from your arm and put it in your spine to clot. They said that when I got the epi when I was in labor the doc had nicked my spinal cord and I was leaking spinal fluid, thats what was causing this headache. So the blood was going to clot where the hole was in my spinal cord. Let me tell you, this epi hurt 10 times worse than the one they gave me when I was in labor! It burned so bad. But about 1 minute after it was done my headache and neck pain was gone!!! So it has been a week since I had that done and I am still headache free! The doc's in the ER said that getting a "spinal headache" from the epi was very rare. I guess I was just lucky huh? The pic on my profile is of my husband, my baby, and myself!!!! So thats my birth story!

March 24, 2007, 10:46 pm CDT

Birth Stories

Im only 21 years old and I dont have any kids but I certainly do want them in the future. Reading about all these things that can happen kinda freaks me out, but Im sure the joy of having your on child is worth it?!?!?!

March 28, 2007, 7:37 am CDT

NO worries!

Quote From: jessssssss

Im only 21 years old and I dont have any kids but I certainly do want them in the future. Reading about all these things that can happen kinda freaks me out, but Im sure the joy of having your on child is worth it?!?!?!

I had an absolutely easy pregnancy.  No morning sickness,  no mood swings, no pains, I actually felt more sain and normal when I was pregnant.  Toward the end of my pregnancy I had some blood pressure problems, swollen ankles, and I felt like a cow but that was really the extent of any misery I experienced during pregnancy.

I wanted to have a c-section because I am a planner and my boyfriend at the time (now he's my husband) lived in Chicago- about three hours from me.  I wanted to KNOW that he'd be there and there was no gaurantee if I had the baby naturally.  With my blood pressure problems, by doctor opted to allow me to have a c-section.  We scheduled it for like a week later. 

I was scared to know that I was going to have surgery because I had never had any type of surgery before.  When I got to the hospital I changed into the little nightie thing you wear at the hospital.  They started an IV so that I was completely hydrated for the surgery.  A little later they brought me to a room and started prepping me for surgery.  They gave me three numbing shots in my back, then game me the spinal- it wasn't fun but it went really quickly.  After I started getting numb they did a catheter so my bladder would not be full during the surgery.  It only took a few minutes to be completely numb from just under my boobs down to my toes.  My husband got to come in at that point.  They cut me open and tugged my son out- I didn't feel any pain just tugging like someone is tugging on your clothes.  They took my son over to this little bed thing and cleaned him up- he was crying like a little kitten but loudly.  They showed him to me and then took him off to the nursery to get his shots and get cleaned up better and in a diaper and blanket.  They stapled me up and wheeled me back to my room.  I could not eat for that first day- which really bothered me because I was starving!!!  But I guess sometimes people get sick from the anestesia so they didn't want me throwing up since I had fresh staples.  The first day was a complete blur because I was drugged up from vicoden and basically was sleeping off and on.  People came to visit and my husband stayed with me.  The nurse came in during the middle of the night- which seemed odd- and had me stand up and then also pulled the catheder out.  The next morning the doctor that had done the c-section came in and checked my staples and the blood lab tech came in and took blood.  They took out my IV and I got to take a shower.  I was pretty bruised and achy and couldn't stand up straight but I had a beautiful baby boy and he sat with me in bed and cuddled.  They sleep a lot when they are new born.

Anyway, to answer your question- yes, it is very worth it!  My son is the best thing that has ever happened in my life.  He is now 11 months old and is hilarious!  He dances and sqeals and points at everything and wants to know what it is.  I was not even a person who thought I wanted kids.  I don't like kids normally.  I still get irritated by unruly kids, but I am so happy that I have my son and I wouldn't change it for anything.  I have a scar and a few pounds to show for having my son, but no lasting effects from the birth. 

When you are ready and in the right relationship- kids are awesome and will make you feel love like you've never felt in your life!

Katie 

April 3, 2007, 8:09 pm CDT

So many kids

Well i'm 3 1/2 months pregnant for the 3rd time.. my first child i had at 18.. when i was pregnant with her we almost died together.. and the doctor had told me when i go to give birth to her one of us is going to die.. WHY TELL A PREGNANT WOMAN THAT?!? i mean wouldn't you think i was scared enough at my age... and with no one elses help... well everything went well.. she was born early but is alive and healthy now... and almost 3.. well my next child scared that i would go through the samething.. i watch for all the signs..everything went well.. birth was great.. and she is now 10 months.. but now i'm once more pregnant.. 3 1/2 month and the thing is i don't feel the baby.. and have only seen the baby once.. now i seen the heart beat.. and the little arms and legs even the head moved a little but i was only 8 weeks then.. but to still feel nothing so scared to go back to the doctors.. i have another doctors appoinment in another week..wish me luck

April 25, 2007, 11:20 am CDT

Birth of my twins

In November I had twin boys. Zarek and Malaki .. such beautiful boys.

Anyways, I had the worst pregnancy I could ever imagine. I was in pain the whole time. When we found out I was pregnant with twins, my due date got pushed back a month. My round ligament (whatever that is), was stretching the whole time and it was so painful. I could never get comfortable while sleeping. My fiancee was hard to sleep with because he moves a lot and just kinda flops wherever he goes, not to mention he is a DEEEEEEP sleeper. Well, most of my pregnancy I was on bed rest. My cervix just wasn't holding. So, a month and a half before I was "due", I started having contractions. We went to the hospital and they said it was Braxton Hicks and that I was dialated to a 4. They kept me over night. Then the next night I went back, only stayed for a few hours. Then I went back the next day and left the next afternoon at 2pm. THEN, my water broke at 6pm, only 4 hours after I left the hospital. I got to the hospital at 7pm and around 10:45pm I was dialated to a 10. I had them at 11:12 and 11:16pm. FOUR MINUTES APART! I never thought the birth would be so easy. All that hell during my pregnancy was worth how easy the birth was. BUT, after I gave birth I didn't get to see them for 15 hours because I was sick. They wouldn't let me get in a wheel chair and go down to the NICU because they thought I would pass out. Anyways, 6 months next Wednesday and these babies are the most perfect, beautiful, amazing things I have ever seen!

April 25, 2007, 5:52 pm CDT

you never can tell!

I was 15 when i gave birth to my first daughter. I had an easy pregnancy. I gained just enough wieght and I took lamaze classes. My water broke on January 8th 2004 at 5:22 am. We arrived at the hospital at 10:30am. They induced my contractions at 11am and I had a beautiful 5pd 15 oz lil girl at 3:02 pm. I had no pain medication, no epidural...I only had to push 3 times. Pregnancy and labor were great with her. She was 2 weeks early but very healthy!!! Now second baby is a different story.... I gave birth to daughter # 2 when I was 18. I went into labor on Sept. 3rd 2006 and labor lasted until 6:02 am on Sept. 5th, 2006!!!!! I went the whole 2 days without pain medication, well up until 5 am on th second days and I asked for an epidural which the dr. missed and the epidural didnt even take full effect. Second baby was 3 weeks early and wieghed 7 pds!!! So to anyone who is expecting or even think of having a baby...never believe that it gets easier after the 1st baby!!

May 1, 2007, 1:05 pm CDT

worries

Quote From: jessssssss

I've found that all the worries you have in your life are nothing like the ones you have when you have a child.. they are both good and bad and the same goes with actually having the child.. my baby was my first full term baby after a miscarriage. they thought she was only 7lb when it came time for her to be due and they tried to induce me several times, the hospital staff kept telling me that it was important to try to get me to go into labor on my own and have contractions and so on so we kept trying to induce, after I was 3weeks late my water broke during being induced and they gave me medicine to try to give me contractions (which worked) but after 15 hours they couldn't figure out why I wasn't dialated more than 4cm.. I had been gradually dialating from 36 weeks on. after 24 hours (15 of which with out medication) and strong contractions my blood pressure and the baby's dropped and they had to do a c-section.. if they had kept trying to push for me to have a normal labor. they would have snapped my baby's neck.. when they took her out she had a 4cm diameter goose egg on the side of her head behind her ear.

it's a worry then, but it's still such a relief.. and after their born.. you worry about SIDS.. choking,, breastfeeding, and then teething.. diaper rash.. and getting hurt around the house.. but afterwards when you look back on it all.. it was the best thing ever.

If it were really that terrible.. even though the worry is sometimes overwhelming.. women would never have more than 1 child.. haha

May 5, 2007, 7:21 am CDT

Birth Stories

Quote From: youngmommy2

I was 15 when i gave birth to my first daughter. I had an easy pregnancy. I gained just enough wieght and I took lamaze classes. My water broke on January 8th 2004 at 5:22 am. We arrived at the hospital at 10:30am. They induced my contractions at 11am and I had a beautiful 5pd 15 oz lil girl at 3:02 pm. I had no pain medication, no epidural...I only had to push 3 times. Pregnancy and labor were great with her. She was 2 weeks early but very healthy!!! Now second baby is a different story.... I gave birth to daughter # 2 when I was 18. I went into labor on Sept. 3rd 2006 and labor lasted until 6:02 am on Sept. 5th, 2006!!!!! I went the whole 2 days without pain medication, well up until 5 am on th second days and I asked for an epidural which the dr. missed and the epidural didnt even take full effect. Second baby was 3 weeks early and wieghed 7 pds!!! So to anyone who is expecting or even think of having a baby...never believe that it gets easier after the 1st baby!!

Hi My name is Kayla. Im due for a baby girl augest, 2007. I am so scared of labour. I am going to try and go without any pain medication.

Your birthstory about your first child is really good to hear, but the second one, o my. I do have to say you are an amazing women to go through that!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last