Message Boards

Topic : Birth Stories

Number of Replies: 95
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:52:12 pm
Author : dataimport
Women love sharing their birth stories - share yours with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 14, 2007, 7:20 pm CDT

Birth Stories

Quote From: kaylapenner

Hi My name is Kayla. Im due for a baby girl augest, 2007. I am so scared of labour. I am going to try and go without any pain medication.

Your birthstory about your first child is really good to hear, but the second one, o my. I do have to say you are an amazing women to go through that!

I have 2 kids. 1st was a c-section, 2nd vbac.

Vbac- I was induced early in the morning. Had horrible contractions all late afternoon to evening. I decided to get the epidural at 5pm. Contractions were the strangest feeling that I have had. Painful but strange. Epidural was grrrrreeeeeeaaaaaattttt!! I pushed for a little over 2 hours. The baby wasn't moving along. Doctor had to use the vacuum. Got her out, ripped the muscles on her way out and when she was crowning I ripped so bad that I needed 20 minutes worth of stitches. The doctor wouldn't give me an exact number but it lasted 20 minutes. My daughter's head was too big so that is why I needed the vacuum. I  know have a prolapse. I will be going to get it checked out on Thursday.

As soon as the baby is out you forget about all of the pain you were in. You can't even remember it the next day.

To try and avoid having a pelvic floor prolapse- do your kegals!

Don't be shocked or surprised if the doctor tells you to push like you are having a bowel movement. Gross, I know. The only thing I could think about is having a rupture or hernia.

Good Luck in August 07!

May 24, 2007, 10:33 pm CDT

Hi, I'm Melissa a mommy of two cute, funny and smart little boys. Keith Marlou is turned 1 year old last april 14 while LeoCesar turned 1 month old last april 15. Cool birthdays right? :D My friends are teasing me to make another boy that will be born on april 16....LOL! Dream on. I'm in a mix feeding program because of my work, bottle feeding at daytime and breast feeding at night. I had 4 stitches from both of them. I did the normal delivery.

May 25, 2007, 7:40 am CDT

desperately seeking

i am writing to try to find a son and a Brother.  My mother told me her story about when she was only 16 years old.  She bacame pregnant with my half brother and was forced by her parents to give him up for aboption.  Not only forced to give her son away but was made to live somewhere else until she gave birth and then was excepted back into her home.  This has been so hard on my mother.  Her biggest dream is to find her son and it is also her biggest fear.  My mother is a wonderful person with such a big heart and alot of love.  Even though she has never met her son, she has so much love for him.  I know that she has looked for you, but there has been no luck.. All  I know is you were born in St. Peter's Hospital in Albany, New York around March or February of 1970.  My Mothers maiden name is Payeur.  My mother's name now is Barbara Ann Pregont.  My mother is White/Caucasion but i beleive that your father was African American.  I am not positive about that.  I hope for you, me and my mother someone reads this and has some information to share regarding this story because i would love to give this one thing to my mother who deserves so much and most of all the bond with her son who she longs to know.  Please if you are reading this and you are my brither please know that you were not given up by choice you were a loved baby fromt he beginning and you and my mother were never given the chance with each other. 

May 27, 2007, 10:27 pm CDT

more birth stories

If you guys wants to read more birth stories check it here http://www.mommyclub.ca/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,291/func,showcat/catid,154/

My favorite thread was "What was your L&D experience". You will recall all the pain in giving birth and yet remember the joy when you saw your baby.

June 22, 2007, 12:16 pm CDT

Husband my be father

My husband could be the father of another child.  I knew about when we got married.  The mom/family keep bringing it up that he is the father.  The child is of legal age now and they say that their is a parternity test.  My husband says he has never taken one.  The child was adapoted by the husband when the mom did get married.  Should I demand the test results or a parternity test or should I drop the issue?  We will tell our kids someday but my husband is not 100% positive he is or is not the father.

June 28, 2007, 9:34 pm CDT

trying to understand

my wife is expecting twins but since conception she doesn't want to have anything to do with me, like cuddling, kissing, sensual touching, nothing notta its been almost 5 months i love her to death i am just confused and when i try to talk to her she gets angry and says " you don't understand i am pregnant" ??? what should i do??

July 10, 2007, 4:45 pm CDT

be patient

Quote From: robwinkle

my wife is expecting twins but since conception she doesn't want to have anything to do with me, like cuddling, kissing, sensual touching, nothing notta its been almost 5 months i love her to death i am just confused and when i try to talk to her she gets angry and says " you don't understand i am pregnant" ??? what should i do??

did you have a hard time concieving? a lot of women who have had a hard time getting pregnant think that they have to always be alert to anything that could go wrong and they hardly relax. assure your wife that everything will be find and if u think it helps, have her doctor assure her that her pregancy is going good and relaxing with you by cuddling is GOOD for the baby. as for sensual touching, it could bring about sexual touching and she could be afraid to have sex (since orgasms cause contractions of the uterus). again, have her doctor assure her everything is fine

July 10, 2007, 4:56 pm CDT

my story

i gave birth to my son on January 1, 2004 at 7:55 am. i was 19 years old. i went into preterm labor at 35 weeks while at work. after going to the hospital, i was admitted overnight and placed on Brethene (the worst medication ever invented). i was allowed to go home on strict bed rest. at 37 weeks, i was taken off brethene and told to go about my usual schedule. my water broke at 2:09 am; arrived at the hospital at 2:15. started pushing at 7:40 and after four pushes, my son PUSHED HIMSELF OUT (he had his hand by his face and when his head came out, his hand was on my pelvic bone. after the doctor cleaned out his nose, he pushed against my pelvic bone himself.) my son weighed 6 lbs, 5 oz.

i got preg again when my son was 7 months old (planned). at 12 weeks, i started having contractions and bleeding. after going to the hospital, i was told i was miscarrying and to go home. i gave birth to my daughter on October 29, 2004, gestation of 12 weeks, 3 days.

(whether anyone believes i gave birth or not, i was having contractions, she passed through the birth canal, and i held her in my hands)

July 19, 2007, 4:27 pm CDT

ante natal depression

have just e-mailed Dr Phil for advice. May take a while as I know he is very busy man.

Could anyone here help with this topic?

My daughter is suffering very seriously with this at the moment and am trying to get her and her partner help asap.

Would appreciate advice from women and the men out there?

Am in N.Ireland and getting help can take anything up to 6 months!!!  She needs expert help right now???

Please help this worried mum?

August 2, 2007, 10:18 pm CDT

Birth Stories

I ride and train horses as a 2nd job - which includeds riding my own horse.  Husband is insisting that as soon as we know that I'm pregnant, no more riding for me.  Is it safe?  Other than the obvious risks of falling off?  Is it a risk any of you would be willing to take.  Riding is my passion, and selfishly I'm having a hard time with the idea of giving it up.  I'm sure once I start to show and get bigger I'll want to stop, but what about the first couple of months?  WWYD?

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last