Message Boards

Topic : Birth Stories

Number of Replies: 95
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:52:12 pm
Author : dataimport
Women love sharing their birth stories - share yours with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 10, 2006, 2:49 pm CST

just curious

Hello, im just wondering if anyone in this group has experienced giving birth after having a tubal reversal? I had mine done nearly 8 years ago. I just had the rings put on so nothing was cut and tied. I thought I would never want to have kids again because I had given up on believing Mr. Right was out there since my ex husband was totally MR WRONG. Anyway, the love of my life has found me and he doesnt have any kids. We really want to have one together after we get married. So I have been looking into either a reversal or IVF and I just need some feedback. It would be great to hear some stories of what it was like going through the whole conceiving/birth of both. Thanks a bunch.

March 19, 2006, 3:53 pm CST

Trying

I am a 36 and I had been trying to get pregnant with my first husband and we had been trying for 2 years until we started having marital problems and I decided I wouldn't bring a child in to that.   When I met my current husband and we decided we were going to get married we talked about having kids and I had told him that I had never been pregnant and wanted us to have kids and would he support me as we talk to my doctor about my problems. I went to my current Dr. and asked her about me getting pregnant and she told me I am young and have plenty of time for that, I knew from reading and research that was untrue I was a woman in my middle 30's and time was ticking.  So I changed doctors.  Then my current doctor had gave me the number a infertility doctor.  When we went she discovered that I had a fibroid the size of a tangerine and some endometrosis so i had surgury all that and now I am going to have to do the fertility drugs and I am hoping that ever thing goes well and we get pregnant 

March 30, 2006, 11:19 pm CST

It can happen again

Quote From: vlinderby

Hello, im just wondering if anyone in this group has experienced giving birth after having a tubal reversal? I had mine done nearly 8 years ago. I just had the rings put on so nothing was cut and tied. I thought I would never want to have kids again because I had given up on believing Mr. Right was out there since my ex husband was totally MR WRONG. Anyway, the love of my life has found me and he doesnt have any kids. We really want to have one together after we get married. So I have been looking into either a reversal or IVF and I just need some feedback. It would be great to hear some stories of what it was like going through the whole conceiving/birth of both. Thanks a bunch.
I personally have not had a tubal yet though i am going to have one soon (I have three daughters and only one bathroom) you get the math.  I have had friend that have had their husband get fixed and still got preggers and so they went to get a tubal and had a child even after that.  It may be as simple as that or it may be harder but having just had the clips done it should not be as hard after having a reversal (I know of three woman that have done the clips and had many children after the reversal)They say that after 10 years you should be checked because things can re-route themselves without you knowing and you can end up pregnant.

April 18, 2006, 8:14 am CDT

TR in June, 2006

I am getting my TR done in June.  I also was married and had two beautiful children, both girls.  I married my high school sweetheart, who turned out to also be Mr. Wrong.  Now I am with a wonderful man who treats my children as his own, but has none of his own.  We are going to have the TR done in June and we are very excited.  The percentage (success) rates are very high on the doctors web-site.  Good luck to you!

Lynn-WV

April 18, 2006, 12:58 pm CDT

Birth Stories

Quote From: lynn_wv

I am getting my TR done in June.  I also was married and had two beautiful children, both girls.  I married my high school sweetheart, who turned out to also be Mr. Wrong.  Now I am with a wonderful man who treats my children as his own, but has none of his own.  We are going to have the TR done in June and we are very excited.  The percentage (success) rates are very high on the doctors web-site.  Good luck to you!

Lynn-WV

Hi Lynn, 

Its nice to hear from you. I wish you much luck and success in your effort to get pregnant again. If you dont mind, please keep me posted on your outcome. We have a while before we consult a physician on my case....everything else needs to be "in place" first. I will admit Im a bit nervous and excited at the same time though.  

Nancy....cali 

May 9, 2006, 12:21 pm CDT

Birth Stories

Quote From: mctstyle

oh my god dr. phil i cannot belive that you are so into feeling bad for your guest on the dec.9 for not getting drugs to num the pain for going into labor.when i had my first son i was only 118 lbs during labor gaining only 30 pounds you do the math. it pisses me off that you can feel so bad for her .i had two boys in wich i didnt use no kind of drugs.but i dont see you giving me any lifetime tvo or a big screen t.v. wich i deserve more than she did.im stonger and more confidante than she is.i thought that was very wrong of incuriging women to drug up themselfs before bith i know i wouldnt want my kids to get an effect on drugs on there first minutes of life
I have two children- my first I was induced with pitocin 2 weeks early because my blood pressure reached dangerously high proportions and my daughter needed to be born- I dont know if you know anything about pitocin, but it can cause labor pains to DOUBLE in severity.. i was in A LOT of pain. When the doctor offered me an epidural I gladl accepted, but unfortunately we discovered that night epidurals don't work on me so I wound up delivering my baby without pain medication anyway. My second was a c-section and because of the problem with certain pain medications not working on me, I was asleep when my second daughter was born so I have been from one extreme (NO MEDICATION) to another (ASLEEP) and FYI both my girls are happy, healthy, fully functioning young girls :) If you want to deliver without pain medication that's your business, but it's nobody's job to judge another person for making a decision other than their own.

May 11, 2006, 4:12 pm CDT

Trying too

Quote From: pmelton

I am a 36 and I had been trying to get pregnant with my first husband and we had been trying for 2 years until we started having marital problems and I decided I wouldn't bring a child in to that.   When I met my current husband and we decided we were going to get married we talked about having kids and I had told him that I had never been pregnant and wanted us to have kids and would he support me as we talk to my doctor about my problems. I went to my current Dr. and asked her about me getting pregnant and she told me I am young and have plenty of time for that, I knew from reading and research that was untrue I was a woman in my middle 30's and time was ticking.  So I changed doctors.  Then my current doctor had gave me the number a infertility doctor.  When we went she discovered that I had a fibroid the size of a tangerine and some endometrosis so i had surgury all that and now I am going to have to do the fertility drugs and I am hoping that ever thing goes well and we get pregnant 

I am 27 and my husband and I have been trying for 6 months to get pregnant.  I didn't think it would take this long...I guess I was naive in thinking because I was young and pretty healthy that we would get pregnant right away.  What I want to know is how long do we wait before we really start to question if something is wrong, or we may need assistance in getting pregnant?

May 14, 2006, 12:59 am CDT

Lost for Ideas

Just wondering if anyone on here is pregnant and on their own? My husband of six years just up and left me at 5 1/2 months pregnant. He is in the mind frame that the grass is greener on the other side with a younger woman and being single. I am now 7 months pregnant. I also have a 4 year old and a 2 year old, so I have experience with the delivery process.  My family is so mad at my husband right now that they can hardly be around me and not make a comment. This is why I do not want them in the room when I deliver. It's going to be hard enough not having the man I love and conceived this child with, with me. I don't need the negative added also. Yet I know my husband won't be there either. I feel like I can do it alone, but everyone is telling me not to. But I don't want just a friend in there either. Any advice or experience with this? As the time gets closer I am more and more apprehensive about the delivery for fear of not having anyone one with me, yet not wanting the ones I have available to be there either.

May 14, 2006, 5:30 am CDT

Birth Stories

Quote From: kdugger

Just wondering if anyone on here is pregnant and on their own? My husband of six years just up and left me at 5 1/2 months pregnant. He is in the mind frame that the grass is greener on the other side with a younger woman and being single. I am now 7 months pregnant. I also have a 4 year old and a 2 year old, so I have experience with the delivery process.  My family is so mad at my husband right now that they can hardly be around me and not make a comment. This is why I do not want them in the room when I deliver. It's going to be hard enough not having the man I love and conceived this child with, with me. I don't need the negative added also. Yet I know my husband won't be there either. I feel like I can do it alone, but everyone is telling me not to. But I don't want just a friend in there either. Any advice or experience with this? As the time gets closer I am more and more apprehensive about the delivery for fear of not having anyone one with me, yet not wanting the ones I have available to be there either.
Im very sorry to hear about your situation. I know exactly how painful and depressing it can be. I went through it with my husband as well. I found out the same day I was pregnant that he was cheating on me though. I too had two other children. I experienced many ups and downs during my pregnancy. I told myself that I wasnt going to allow him to be there for any of it. As hard as it was though, I did invite him to all the ultrasounds then at the last minute invited him to the delivery (it was a scheduled induction). Anyway, it was hard because I was glad he was there and I wanted everything to "be ok as a family" but that naturally wasnt the reality of it and I knew there was no turning back the clock. When our daughter was born he spent a little time there and then he went home to his girlfriend. No flowers for me or anything. I do believe I made the right choice in inviting him though. Now I can say I have no regrets. My suggestion to you is to seek counseling whether it be through a church or whatever. Then you must go with your gut feeling. Nobody can replace having the father of your baby there no matter what....even if you dont like him very much right now. I also know how family can be, they mean well and they are hurting for you but you must let them know that they are only adding fuel to your fire which can only cause more aggravation to you and the baby...for the sake of not only your sanity but for the health of your baby. Tell them to keep their comments quiet because you need to attempt to find as much peace as possible right now because things are already hard enough just knowing what is going on. Anyway, my heart goes out to you and I wish you all the best. Anytime you need to chat just leave a message and I will be around to help if I can. Take care.

May 14, 2006, 9:20 am CDT

Birth Stories

Im very sorry to hear about your situation. I know exactly how painful and depressing it can be. I went through it with my husband as well. I found out the same day I was pregnant that he was cheating on me though. I too had two other children. I experienced many ups and downs during my pregnancy. I told myself that I wasnt going to allow him to be there for any of it. As hard as it was though, I did invite him to all the ultrasounds then at the last minute invited him to the delivery (it was a scheduled induction). Anyway, it was hard because I was glad he was there and I wanted everything to "be ok as a family" but that naturally wasnt the reality of it and I knew there was no turning back the clock. When our daughter was born he spent a little time there and then he went home to his girlfriend. No flowers for me or anything. I do believe I made the right choice in inviting him though. Now I can say I have no regrets. My suggestion to you is to seek counseling whether it be through a church or whatever. Then you must go with your gut feeling. Nobody can replace having the father of your baby there no matter what....even if you dont like him very much right now. I also know how family can be, they mean well and they are hurting for you but you must let them know that they are only adding fuel to your fire which can only cause more aggravation to you and the baby...for the sake of not only your sanity but for the health of your baby. Tell them to keep their comments quiet because you need to attempt to find as much peace as possible right now because things are already hard enough just knowing what is going on. Anyway, my heart goes out to you and I wish you all the best. Anytime you need to chat just leave a message and I will be around to help if I can. Take care.

Thank you for your response. I have been seeking counseling through my church, but she tells me to go with my heart. Not having my husband there is not by my choice. He is moving to San Diego to be closer to his girlfriend and that is 7 hours away from my home. Both of my first children came in less than six hours from start to finish. If I happen to go into to labor in the middle of the day it will take him over 9 hours to get here. He is insisting on moving there before the baby is born and my doctor is telling me to stay hopeful, but plan on him not being there. My first two children were large and this baby is below average weight due to stress and a few complications. He expects this baby to be a quick and easy delivery. I know there is hope and that God will work it out, but I truly want to be alone if he isn't there. I just don't know how to request this without stepping on toes. My husband is a correctional officer so on top of the driving time he will also need to be replaced before he can leave. I asked him to take off time to be here during the time I am due and he told me he used up all his time he saved to spend time with our new baby on trips to San Diego. The reality is that he is lower than most men in this situation because even though he may not care about me anymore he doesn't even show he cares to his own flesh and blood. I was hospitalized last week with preterm labor and he said he couldn't go to the hospital because he was going drinking with some friends. I don't tell you this to bash him, but to show you his mentality. His whole being right now is all about him. It's really frustrating how someone can walk away from all responsibility and enjoy it. He actually brags that he enjoys not having the burden of a family. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last