Message Boards

Topic : Birth Stories

Number of Replies: 95
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:52:12 pm
Author : dataimport
Women love sharing their birth stories - share yours with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 2, 2007, 11:01 pm CDT

Birth Stories

Quote From: niddala

have just e-mailed Dr Phil for advice. May take a while as I know he is very busy man.

Could anyone here help with this topic?

My daughter is suffering very seriously with this at the moment and am trying to get her and her partner help asap.

Would appreciate advice from women and the men out there?

Am in N.Ireland and getting help can take anything up to 6 months!!!  She needs expert help right now???

Please help this worried mum?

If it gets bad enough and you are worried about her safety and/or the safety of the baby, I would drive directly to the hospital and wait and pester until someone sees her. 

Her regular physician can't see her sooner? 

In the meantime, offer as much help as you can and try not to give her too much time when she's alone with the baby.  Maybe you and her partner could plan a girls-night-out for her and watch the baby.  Not a cure all, but may help to show her a little "light."

August 19, 2007, 4:21 am CDT

Birth Stories

Quote From: robwinkle

my wife is expecting twins but since conception she doesn't want to have anything to do with me, like cuddling, kissing, sensual touching, nothing notta its been almost 5 months i love her to death i am just confused and when i try to talk to her she gets angry and says " you don't understand i am pregnant" ??? what should i do??

Thats all normal for a pregnant woman. sorry to say it to you but the father of our child is the last person we want to see sometimes....LOL! when a woman is pregnant,you just have to be patient and give the space she ask for. guys will never understand how it is to be pregnant unless they experience it for they self. but hold tight because as soon as she have them babies,your all hers :O)

August 19, 2007, 4:44 am CDT

Birth Stories

Quote From: youngmommy2

I was 15 when i gave birth to my first daughter. I had an easy pregnancy. I gained just enough wieght and I took lamaze classes. My water broke on January 8th 2004 at 5:22 am. We arrived at the hospital at 10:30am. They induced my contractions at 11am and I had a beautiful 5pd 15 oz lil girl at 3:02 pm. I had no pain medication, no epidural...I only had to push 3 times. Pregnancy and labor were great with her. She was 2 weeks early but very healthy!!! Now second baby is a different story.... I gave birth to daughter # 2 when I was 18. I went into labor on Sept. 3rd 2006 and labor lasted until 6:02 am on Sept. 5th, 2006!!!!! I went the whole 2 days without pain medication, well up until 5 am on th second days and I asked for an epidural which the dr. missed and the epidural didnt even take full effect. Second baby was 3 weeks early and wieghed 7 pds!!! So to anyone who is expecting or even think of having a baby...never believe that it gets easier after the 1st baby!!

It got easy for me LOL! oh my,let me go down memory lane :O)

My first son(who is now 12)I had him when I was 15 in a half years old(yes baby having a baby) and I was in labor with him for 6 hours and that was the worst pain I had ever experienced in my life LOL! my water bag didn't bust so the doctor had to do it for me. my son was suppos've been born on the 21st of june but instead he was born on the 22nd at 2:50pm. but when I seen his face after delivery,he was worth the pain. the funny thing is my mom went with me to the hospital and she was there for every doctors appt. but when I was in the delivery room doing all that screaming.....she left me hanging....LOL!

Now my second son,I was only in labor with him for a mere 3 hours. which was great to me because it seemed like he just slide right out. I remember when I went in labor with him. I had just got done eating taco's and was watching father of the bride(part one and two came on that day of may 16th 1999)LOL! so I went to the bathroom to use it and as I was sitting on the toilet,I felt something really awkward in my vagina. now mind you,with my first child,I didn't have the opportunity of my water bag spalshing every where. so at the time my mom was staying with me and my kids father at the time and I called her into the bathroom to take a look to see what was going on down there(she's my mom right,she changed my pampers)LOL! so she goes,oh! thats the water bag. my kid father wasent home at the time so my mom's bf at the time is looking for my bf to let him know that I was going into labor. but anyway,the water bag had finally bust open as soon as the paramedics came back to my room LOL....that was gross.

So anyway,my kids father was the most juppiest thing I've ever seen that day....LOL! he was on his toes to cater to my every need in that delivery room.3 hours later little junior was born(he's named after his father so he's a jr)as soon as his son came out,he was kissing all over him..I thought that was gross to....Now my last pregnancy with my little girl was the EASIEST of all,she was born in ONE HOUR! this story is funny too because it all started at like 3 in the morning. I was having contraction but they werent that heavy. so I was telling my kids father that I think I was going into labor because my stomach was hurting. so he goes,just go to sleep and the pain would waer off. so I tried to go to sleep but my baby was ot having it at all....LOL! she wanted out. so then this fool tells me to scoot over away from him because if I was going into labor,he didn't want the water bag to bust on him....lol I was too through with him. so I went to my oldest son room where my mom was sleeping and told her so she called the ambulance for me while my kids father was RESTING peacefully....lol and a hour later my angel was born in the month of march on the 27th at 5 in the morning. the next day her dad came to see him and she threw up on him...LOL! that was hilarious.

Well sorry so long but I was in a zone....LOL!

September 8, 2007, 8:57 pm CDT

Pregnancy Denial

I placed a baby boy for adoption in 1982.  I never told anyone I was pregnant.  I was 19 in my first year of college at Northern Illinois University in Dekalb, Illinois.  The baby's father was a very popular guy on campus.  He was a member of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity.  I was so naive but was totally in love with him.  Unfortunately, I wasn't even truthful to him about my adoption plan.  I was just so afraid, but I knew neither one of us could give this baby the surroundings or we didn't have a clue about parenting.  I prayed to God to give this baby a family that would provide him with everything he needed.  I was assured by my adoption representative that there indeed was a family waiting to adopt him.  He was so beautiful, but weighed only 3lbs at birth.  I had a horrible delivery that I can't talk about right now because I can feel the pain starting to build up.  I'm gonna stop right here because I'm getting emotional.  There's obviously so much more to this story and I do plan to come back to the message board and complete it.  Signing off for right now.  Thanks for letting me share.

RESPECTFULLY,

Jayz23

September 10, 2007, 9:06 pm CDT

Nightmare Pregnancy

I gave birth to a 31b. baby boy in 1982.  The doctor was so horrific he stiched me up without giving me any pain medication.  I was a student at Northern Illiniois University and was 19.  When I started screaming GOD help me, he said, in his exact words, "You should have been thinking about GOD before you had sex".  I couldn't believe this came out of his mouth.  I'm gonna stop right here for now because I can feel myself getting very angry.  I will be back because there's much more to this story.    Thank you for letting me share.

RESPECTFULLY,

JAYZ23

September 12, 2007, 10:08 am CDT

Nightmare Pregnancy

I never receive any prenatal care during my pregnancy because I was so scared and didn't want anyone to find out.  I can still remember hearing my mom say, "bet she's gonna get pregnant.  She also said that she couldn't help me if I got pregnant.  I guess I didn't want to prove her right.  I delivered the baby with no help from anyone.  The baby came first, then my water broke, so it was a dry birth.  I remember the nurses on duty saying, "she's crowning".  I didn't even know what that meant.  I'll stop right here, but I'll be back with more on this story.  Thanks for letting me share.

October 7, 2007, 7:14 pm CDT

Nightmare Delivery

I gave birth in1982 while a student at Northern Illinois University.  The pregnancy was hidden.  I told no one.  Not even my mother.  I was scared and didn't want to be a burden or dissapointment to anyone.  I never received prenatal care during the pregnancy and never wore maternity clothes.  I guess you could say that I was in denial.  I was 19 years old and didn't have a clue what to expect.  On the night of the delivery, I started to bleed as I was in my dormitory room.  Thank goodness my room mate was not there.  I  called the ambulance from my dorm room and waited in the front lobby terrified.  I could actually feel the baby drop in the womb.  When I arrived at the hospital the doctor had to be called in and the nurses acted as if they didn't know what to do with me.  I layed on the table waiting for the doctor to arrive and I kept telling the nurses that the baby was about to come.  I could feel the pressure and they finally wheeled me into the labor room.  I could hear one of the nurses saying, "She's crowning".  I didn't even know what crowning meant, but I figured it meant the baby was about to be delivered.  I stared to push because of the pressure and couldn't believe it when I felt the baby shoot right out and onto what I guess was the delivery table.  I was so angry because the nurses didn't even catch the baby.  I actually heard his head or body fall on the table.  They quickly picked him up without showing him to me and put him in another room.  The doctor finally arrived and the first thing he said was,  "So you just couldn't wait".  I thought I was having a nightmare and I couldn't believe he said this to me.  He immediately started to stich me up after sticiking me with a needle I guess for pain.  He didn't even wait for the medicine to take effect.  I could feel every stich and I started to scream at the top of my lungs, "Oh God!"  Well the doctor yelled back at me, "You should have thought about God before you became pregnant!"  This delivery seemed like something out of the Twilight Zone.  Although I was very angy, I didn't say anything further because I knew he didn't care that I was in pain.  Can anyone out there imagine being stiched up without pain medication?  Neither could I until now.  This doctor was something from hell. How could anyone be that cruel?  Thank you for letting me share.

JAYZ23

October 10, 2007, 4:01 pm CDT

Birth Stories

Quote From: kiawah1997

I ride and train horses as a 2nd job - which includeds riding my own horse.  Husband is insisting that as soon as we know that I'm pregnant, no more riding for me.  Is it safe?  Other than the obvious risks of falling off?  Is it a risk any of you would be willing to take.  Riding is my passion, and selfishly I'm having a hard time with the idea of giving it up.  I'm sure once I start to show and get bigger I'll want to stop, but what about the first couple of months?  WWYD?
I also ride horses and rode until I couldn't fit in my saddle, so I rode bareback.  My horses are well trained by me and trust worthy. I did stop training as it's not worth the risk of a hoof in the gut ( has happened) and I did stay off my stud as he is a little fiesty.  Found out I'm pregnant again. I will ride with this one.  Best advise, if you would not but a green child on the animal and turn it loose don't get on as you are carrying a child with you and just take the rides easy , enjoy a nice calm trail ride. Word of warning your balance goes as the tummy grows.(HeeHee)  GOOD LUCK and HAPPY TRAILS

October 16, 2007, 5:46 pm CDT

Birth Stories

Quote From: jayz23

I gave birth in1982 while a student at Northern Illinois University.  The pregnancy was hidden.  I told no one.  Not even my mother.  I was scared and didn't want to be a burden or dissapointment to anyone.  I never received prenatal care during the pregnancy and never wore maternity clothes.  I guess you could say that I was in denial.  I was 19 years old and didn't have a clue what to expect.  On the night of the delivery, I started to bleed as I was in my dormitory room.  Thank goodness my room mate was not there.  I  called the ambulance from my dorm room and waited in the front lobby terrified.  I could actually feel the baby drop in the womb.  When I arrived at the hospital the doctor had to be called in and the nurses acted as if they didn't know what to do with me.  I layed on the table waiting for the doctor to arrive and I kept telling the nurses that the baby was about to come.  I could feel the pressure and they finally wheeled me into the labor room.  I could hear one of the nurses saying, "She's crowning".  I didn't even know what crowning meant, but I figured it meant the baby was about to be delivered.  I stared to push because of the pressure and couldn't believe it when I felt the baby shoot right out and onto what I guess was the delivery table.  I was so angry because the nurses didn't even catch the baby.  I actually heard his head or body fall on the table.  They quickly picked him up without showing him to me and put him in another room.  The doctor finally arrived and the first thing he said was,  "So you just couldn't wait".  I thought I was having a nightmare and I couldn't believe he said this to me.  He immediately started to stich me up after sticiking me with a needle I guess for pain.  He didn't even wait for the medicine to take effect.  I could feel every stich and I started to scream at the top of my lungs, "Oh God!"  Well the doctor yelled back at me, "You should have thought about God before you became pregnant!"  This delivery seemed like something out of the Twilight Zone.  Although I was very angy, I didn't say anything further because I knew he didn't care that I was in pain.  Can anyone out there imagine being stiched up without pain medication?  Neither could I until now.  This doctor was something from hell. How could anyone be that cruel?  Thank you for letting me share.

JAYZ23

I was stitched without pain meds.  After the pain of childbirth, it was nothing and that's what all mothers I've talked to say.  I think this story is suspect.

October 19, 2007, 7:46 pm CDT

Nightmare Pregnancy

Quote From: lovemyhusband

I was stitched without pain meds.  After the pain of childbirth, it was nothing and that's what all mothers I've talked to say.  I think this story is suspect.

Dear Lovemyhusband,

My story is not suspect.  This is the truth.  Just because your situation was different doesn't mean my story is fabricated.  How dare you!

Jayz23

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last