Message Boards

Topic : 05/04 Violent Love Intervention

Number of Replies: 299
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, April 27, 2006, 07:13:48 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
They’re slapped, beaten and bruised. Sometimes, the violence doesn’t end until they’re dead. Dr. Phil talks to women who say they are the victims of abuse and need an intervention before it’s too late. Michelle says her boyfriend, Ryan, flies off the handle over the smallest issues. She reveals that he began hitting her when she was pregnant with their son. Ryan says he can’t control his anger because his own dad was abusive with him as a child. Is it too late for Ryan to change? Then, Linda says her fiancé, Eddie, shot her in the eye and nearly killed her when she threatened to leave him. He’s now serving only four years in prison because, Linda says, she lied to the police and called the shooting accidental. Her mom, Jody, says she’s sickened that Linda still cares for the man who almost took her life. Will Linda stop loving the man who shot her and learn how to have healthy relationships? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 21, 2006, 10:46 am CDT

Please

Quote From: splash2467

I like Dr. Phil and admire the work he is doing.  I have never wrote into the show or been on his website until the taping of this show.  I was very shocked and re-played it several times and noticed the opposite eye.  Why?   I wish Dr. Phil or his staff would answer the email or announce it on the show.  Dr. Phil was this story real?

Go back and read the multitude of other postings regarding this particular subject.  This question has been answered time and again, even the moderator has explained how this happened.  The image was reversed! 

Why are so many so focused on this detail?   

July 1, 2006, 5:38 am CDT

It was me who was shot

Quote From: marcykay

I am so glad I'm not the only one.  I noticed in one clip it was her left eye that was gone and in another it was her right eye.  I emailed the Dr. Phil show about this, but I have never received a response.  I would like to know what this is all about.  I haven't even been able to watch Dr. Phil since then as it seems like every episode is staged now!  Do you feel the same way? 

I am just disappointed because I enjoyed Dr. Phil before, and now I just feel it's all fake!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I am deeply sadened by the lack of respect for what has happened to me.  

I did loose my right eye, and to think that people would not believe that  fact. 

I have to live with that fact.  If you don't believe this story I was on the local news in Florida. 

I know the news doesn't have some kind of "trickery".  

The fact is that I nearly lost my life, I certainly don't think that it would be something to make up, 

considering the seriousness of the issue. 

July 1, 2006, 5:42 am CDT

It was me who was shot

Quote From: lyninsocal

Go back and read the multitude of other postings regarding this particular subject.  This question has been answered time and again, even the moderator has explained how this happened.  The image was reversed! 

Why are so many so focused on this detail?   

I lost my right eye, this is certainly something not to joke about. check the news archives in Kissimme FL.  I ALMOST LOST MY LIFE, and am extremely lucky to be alive. 

Not something to make up and or take lightly. 

Thank you, 

Linda 

July 1, 2006, 5:46 am CDT

Thank you from Linda

Quote From: mara1974

I AM 32 YEARS OLD, AND MY FATHER SHOT MY MOTHER TO DEATH IN FRONT OF ME WHEN I WAS 2 YEARS OLD. THE FAMILY WHO ADOPTED COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHY I WASN'T "LIKE THEIR OTHER KIDS" AND BELIEVED THERE WAS NO WAY I COULD HAVE REMEMBERED IT. I DID. IT TOOK A LOT OF THERAPY, AND SELF-SEARCHING TO REALIZE THERE WAS NOTHING THAT I COULD HAVE DONE, AND THAT SOME PEOPLE NOT ONLY SELF-DESTRUCT, BUT TAKE OTHER PEOPLE DOWN WITH THEM. IT HAS CHANGED ME, BUT MADE ME THE PERSON I AM TODAY, AND IF I COULD SUMMARIZE MY STORY INTO ONE PIECE OF ADVICE FOR LINDA, IS TO USE THIS HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE TO HER GOOD, AND TO GET SOME SERIOUS COUNSELING AND POSSIBLY SOME SUPPORT GROUPS. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!

I am sorry to hear about your loss, and I am desperrately trying to get over this horrifying issue. 

Thank you for your support. 

Linda 

July 1, 2006, 6:00 am CDT

It was me who was shot

Quote From: Pleasance

I'LL EXPLAIN TO YOU RIGHT NOW!!!! 

I LOST MY RIGHT EYE, AND NEARLY LOST MY LIFE! 

I WAS ON THE LOCAL NEWS IN FLORIDA. 

NOW TELL ME HOW THE NEWS LIES!!! 

THIS IS NOT SOMETHING TO JOKE ABOUT!! 

I KNOW I DON'T TAKE IT LIGHTLY. 

PLEASE GET REAL. 

THANK YOU, 

LINDA 

July 3, 2006, 6:30 pm CDT

Myself and others have tried to

Quote From: lindamay4

I'LL EXPLAIN TO YOU RIGHT NOW!!!! 

I LOST MY RIGHT EYE, AND NEARLY LOST MY LIFE! 

I WAS ON THE LOCAL NEWS IN FLORIDA. 

NOW TELL ME HOW THE NEWS LIES!!! 

THIS IS NOT SOMETHING TO JOKE ABOUT!! 

I KNOW I DON'T TAKE IT LIGHTLY. 

PLEASE GET REAL. 

THANK YOU, 

LINDA 

Myself and others have tried to tell folks on this message board about your tragedy......and have tried to explain to them....what happened and what was going on......but as you can see.....most inconsiderate posters.....don't read the messages........they just come in and post nonsense and ridiculous questions and comments.  

Many times we have tried to tell them.......and the board moderator even posted what happened......to no avail.......and they just keep coming with all their nonsense.  

I am so sorry that these inconsiderate posters.....would even think that something was remiss.  

I am most especially sorry that they have put you , Linda, through any further pain and suffering.  

It shouldn't have been necessary for you to have posted to them either........you are further burdened with their inconsideration.  

I do hope that you know that most folks knew your story was real........and nothing had been altered or changed.  

I do most especially hope and pray that you are safely securing a peaceful, healthy and happy life.  

I along with many, many others  truly care.  

July 27, 2006, 3:16 am CDT

Yes?

Quote From: maryme

I was really intrigued with the end of the show on Linda, when Dr. Phil asked her about her alcohol use.  It was a turning point in the show, and then we were left hanging.  As the sister of an alcoholic, I watched my brother put himself in self-destructive situations over and over again.  Obviously Linda did as well.  So do people like Linda and my brother put themselves in self-destructive situations because:   

a) they don't feel that they deserve anything better   

OR   

b) because then they can justify their actions as "my life is so bad that I have to drink to cope"   

OR   

c) something else altogether that I am not seeing  

I would have liked Dr. Phil to elaborate on this more to help those of us who are dealing with alcoholics understand their mind set.   

If you where to put yourself in a shoes of another person then you can do A B or C.  Then come back and talk to me. 

Linda!!!!!!! 

August 16, 2006, 3:52 am CDT

where is Mishelle and Ryan now

I would like to know how Michelle is and if she is in a shelter and took Dr. Phil's advice and if Ryan is in therapy and how they are doing over all please.

November 8, 2006, 11:01 am CST

What's up with this?

The woman on this show who was shot in the eye by her husband......for almost all of the show it was her RIGHT eye that was scarred shut.   However right after the segment when the neighbor was talking to 911, it showed her with her LEFT eye scarred shut, while her right eye was perfectly fine!!!   Was the whole show just a farce or what.   I sent an e-mail to the producers asking about that but I never got a reply.   Any explanations??????

momofjanda

First | Prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | Next Page | Last Page